cache49 is offline Associate Member

How much cardio while bulking??

Hey all. Just thought id get some different opinions about this. How many of u do cardio while bulking. If so, how much??

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Meh, 20-30 min. moderate cardio 2-3x/ew...

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by cache49 View Post
    Hey all. Just thought id get some different opinions about this. How many of u do cardio while bulking. If so, how much??
    its impossible for someone to answer this question for "you individually" with out knowing age, experience, weight, height, metabolism, whats worked in the past/what hasn'nt, diet etc etc....these factors go on forever

all in all, as stated above, nobody can give you this answer, if you give us details, some people here can make a more educated guess at what would be best for you

For me personally, i eat like a sumo, and do 1 hour of cardio 4 days a week to keep my bodyfat from going up and the strength gains rolling around

ultimately, you want to pay close close attention to the mirror...as you go along, if you see any fat gain what so ever, make dietary cardio adjustments immediately...their is no need to continuelly be gaining fat when "bulking". if you see negative changes, tweak things pronto...

you want to find the fine line where bodyfat is staying where its at, and strength gains are rolling around....This takes experience to figure out...people here can guide you in learning how to make decisions, but your not going to get an exact answer

if anyone gives you a cookie cutter answer, it doesnt mean shit...their is so much variability between individuals

but 20-45 mintues on non lifting days is pretty standard......start from their....play with carbs and fats....and most of all, it comes with experience
    Last edited by IronReload04; 11-16-2007 at 09:15 PM.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    I don't do cardio at all while bulking. I'm one of the lucky ones where I don't get much body fat at all no matter what I eat or how much. At the end of bulking, I do cardio and highrep/sets to maintain what I have and to cut down a bit

This works for me, might not for you.

But this is how I work

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    once a week 40 min eliptical .... thats it while bulking .... im trying to gain weight and utilize cals not burn them...

sonnygll is offline Member
    I do none at all. If you have to do cardio, you are probably eating too much. Of course when you do a test cycle, that is kind of hard to avoid. It has a tendency to make one pig out, and then you might need to burn some calories.

4x a week at 30mins PWO...

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    This will vary from person to person, but if u want a gerneralll, across the board type answer, id say 3x a week, 45 mins, at 4.0mph on a treadmill. Dont forget your heart is a muslce also, prob the most imprtant, so i wouldnt cut it out completly

cache49 is offline Associate Member
    Im sorry I shouldnt have been so vague. Im 5'5 172 12%(in the winter anyhow, ha ha). I know there a fine line on cardio and everyone is different. For me, unfortunatly my body stores fat easily. I dont want to waste prescious calories but at the same time find a medium and work my heart a bit.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizz28
    I don't do cardio at all while bulking. I'm one of the lucky ones where I don't get much body fat at all no matter what I eat or how much. At the end of bulking, I do cardio and highrep/sets to maintain what I have and to cut down a bit

This works for me, might not for you.

But this is how I work
    same here

cockMOTHAeffinDIESEL is offline Junior Member
    i generally stick to 20min of med intensity, 4-5 days out of the week after a training session

LivingToBeBig is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cockMOTHAeffinDIESEL View Post
    i generally stick to 20min of med intensity, 4-5 days out of the week after a training session
    yea thats what i like to do maybe 3 times in the week after training then maybe 1 or 2 40min sessions seperate depending how im feeling.

valcon is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cockMOTHAeffinDIESEL View Post
    thats me

frignugs is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    its impossible for someone to answer this question for "you individually" with out knowing age, experience, weight, height, metabolism, whats worked in the past/what hasn'nt, diet etc etc....these factors go on forever

all in all, as stated above, nobody can give you this answer, if you give us details, some people here can make a more educated guess at what would be best for you

For me personally, i eat like a sumo, and do 1 hour of cardio 4 days a week to keep my bodyfat from going up and the strength gains rolling around

ultimately, you want to pay close close attention to the mirror...as you go along, if you see any fat gain what so ever, make dietary cardio adjustments immediately...their is no need to continuelly be gaining fat when "bulking". if you see negative changes, tweak things pronto...

you want to find the fine line where bodyfat is staying where its at, and strength gains are rolling around....This takes experience to figure out...people here can guide you in learning how to make decisions, but your not going to get an exact answer

if anyone gives you a cookie cutter answer, it doesnt mean shit...their is so much variability between individuals

but 20-45 mintues on non lifting days is pretty standard......start from their....play with carbs and fats....and most of all, it comes with experience

solid post

green22 is offline Senior Member
    I still do 3 30-40 min sessions per week while bulking. I go by the mirror too. I always keep my abs visible, so if they fade Ill do more. I think its good to do cardio year round. If out hearts arent healthy and strong none of us will be able to lift.

Thread Information