Ridla is offline Associate Member

Swolecats 20 rep squat workout???

Has anyone tried it yet? I was thinking of giving it a go, it even has a circuit training session at the end. I was wondering if this can be used for cutting also or fat loss.
    Gimme some some feedback yalls.
    Thanx

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    can you post the workout think i tried it once and it was GRUELLIN!! to say the least, if its the one i am thinking of

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    is this where you do 20 rep squats, then you superset leg extension with leg curls"?

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Swole squats

1) Leg extensions - 4 to 5 sets of 15-20. Nice and slow and controlled, not heavy to put pressure on the knee. This is to thoroughly warm up/pre-fatigue the quads, not injure/stress the knees w/an open chain movement. (many make this mistake)

2) Hamstring curls - 4 to 5 sets of 15-20 using the same tempo as the extensions. Squeeze at the top, and don't lock out at the bottom. Try to flex the toes "down" at the top of the movement, you should feel the hams tighten even MORE.

You will want to superset the above. So do one set of quads, then move quickly and do the hams. That is one complete set. Rest about 2 mins, then repeat, and do this for all 4-5 sets.

Then the real work. You will do 4-5 sets of 20 rep squats. A bit wider than shoulder width, toes straight ahead w/perhaps a "slight" pointing of them outward, but not too far, it tweaks the knee. You want to use a weight that you can do about 15 reps with using a 3/2 tempo, and the last 5 should really tax you mentally but not too much physically. These are NOT rest paused. If you have to stop during the last 5 for more than 2 seconds before you do another rep, it's too heavy. You should just "want" to quit at 15, but you should be able to stick it out and hit 20. The 3/2 tempo is 3 seconds down, and 2 up w/a "slight" exlposion, but not that fast as exploding too fast is not recommended nor good for the knees. Do NOT lock out on the top, thus taking the stress off of the quads, and go ALL THE WAY down parallel when you descend. (No further than that, the ass to floor saying is b.s., you will wreck your knees)

You can use a smith machine for this to really concentrate on hitting the quads and hams at the bottom of the movement. Always, always push through your HEELS.............

4-5 sets of those and you should be cooked. Stretch after this, don't forget to. The next day you will be sore, but the day AFTER that, you will simply want to kill me.

After about a month or so of this (1 of these workouts per week, or every 6th day) you will notice your regular squat max or regular working poundages have increased quite well!! Make sure you are eating well of co

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    20 Rep Squat Routine
    Muscle Building Workout

AKA the super squat routine

One of the fastest ways to gain size and strength in the entire body is by following the squats and milk program. This is an old time routine that has been around for over 50 years, but it works awesome for fast gains. Even if you are a hard gainer.

The way it works is you train 3 days per week (i.e. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday).

Each workout you will start with full squats. Do 2-3 easy warm up sets to get the blood flowing and to warm up your joints. Then take a moderate weight and do 1 set of 20 reps. For each rep take a couple big mouthfuls of air, hold your breath, squat down and up, and repeat. As you progress through the reps you will need to take more breaths in between reps. During reps 15-20 you may need to take 5 or more big mouthfuls of air in between reps. It takes me 3 minutes to complete 1 set all out set of 20 rep squats.

Right after the squats while you are still out of breath, grab a light barbell (i.e. 25 lbs.) and do pull overs while lying on a flat bench. Take a deep breath in between each rep and really feel the stretch in the rib cage as you do the exercise. Do 1 set of 20 rep pull overs with 25 lbs. Keep using 25 lbs. for the pull overs as this exercise is just for stretching the rib cage.

Barbell Pull Overs

Each workout add 5 lbs. to the squats and get all 20 reps. This is the key to making serious gains with the program. You have to make 5 lb. jumps in weight each workout. I just finished a squat routine like this and within 2 months I worked up from doing 20 rep squats with 225 lbs. to 20 reps with 315 lbs.

When doing this program you should do full squats. I personally squat down until the back of my legs touch my calfs. This will make the squats far more effective for muscle growth.

Full Squat

Another thing, do NOT wear a weight lifting belt while doing the 20 rep squats. By squatting with out a belt you will strengthen your lower back and it will be easier to take deep breaths while doing high rep squats.

Make no mistake about it this routine is brutally tough, those 20 rep squats will take every bit of energy that you have, but the gains are awesome. This routine will stimulate your entire body to grow from the stress of the squats. And the pull overs will help to stretch your rib cage and make your chest bigger.

After you finish the squats and pull overs do a circuit of:

Chin Ups

Dips

Decline Bench Sit Ups

Do a set of chin ups for as many reps as you can
    Rest a minute
    Do a set of dips for as many reps as you can
    Rest a minute
    Do a set of decline bench sit ups for as many reps as you can

Do this circuit 3 times and your workout is done.

Do this exact routine 3 days per week. Each time make sure to add 5 lbs. to the squats and try to pump out more reps with the chins, dips, and sit ups. This will work every major muscle group in your body and force you to grow like nothing else

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    I can only get 3 sets of um after that I cant walk let alone do another squat I use 275 on all three sets then Im done. I do calves on different days cuz Im to tired to do anything else all day

sonnygll is offline Member
    If it is light enough that you can do it 20 times without a pause, I don't see how that is going to cause hypertrophy. Endurance maybe. Load and time under tension cause hypertrophy. I think you would be way better off with 10x10. That way you get the same time under tension, but with a much greater load.

A smith machine???? Friends don't let friends use a smith machine. Especially for squatting.

1. The machine locks the body into the machine's groove, and prevents the body from determining its groove.

2. If you stand with your feet pretty much underneath the bar, the knee flexion will be exaggerated, and stress there exaggerated too.

3. If you put your feet forward, to reduce knee flexion, the lower back is put in a weak position, with rounding of the lower back likely. In addition, there is additional stress on the knees as the feet want to slide forward but don't because of the friction from the floor surface.

It takes some stabilizers out too.

Not too mention you're missing the prerequisite vagina.
    Last edited by sonnygll; 11-16-2007 at 05:04 AM.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    I have seen some guys tlaking about 20 rep squats, this is how I do mine

firstly, I hit my ass to floor

so, I will typically get 10 without pausing, take about 2 breaths, get 11 and 12.....Now I am about dead and ready to drop but take 3 deep breaths and get 13, 14, and 15.....Now the pain is excruciating and I feel like I can barely stand....i can feel lactic acid coming but i take 3 deep breaths, get 16, take 3 deep breaths get 17, take 3 deep breaths get 18, by now I am shaking and moaining because it hurts so freaking bad, I cant even describe the pain, take 4 deep breaths and find it within myself to get 19, I am in tears now, take 4 deep breaths and a grunt of aganizing pain comes out as I get 20, but wait im not done yet, take 4 deep breaths and out comes a loud aganizingly painful grunt as i get 21, by now, I am not sure that I am even alive the pain is so intense, some how some way i find it within myself to try for one more, my back is worn out, so i go at about parellel because my back cant take anymore, i almost dont get the weight up, but with a loud grunt somehow some way make it up, rack the weight, and collapse into the portable military press seat i put right in front of the squat rack...I am huffing and puffing like a locomotive with the immense self satisfaction i beat what I got last time while i frantically unravle my knee wraps....soon enough, that rush gets stopped dead in tracks as nausea sets in.....at this point, i restrain from puking, or sometimes i have to let it out....in about 15-20 minutes, i will stumble on do finish out hamstrings and calves, and stumble out of the gym in a dizzying state of confusion.

this my friend, is the 20 rep breathing squat, and will not fail to give you the leg thickness and size of a true champion...nothing else comes close to hypertrophying the legs
    Last edited by IronReload04; 11-16-2007 at 01:53 PM.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    This is the workout of God's. Swole knew his $hit!

I did this workout for about three months in '05 and my god did my wheels explode in overall power and size.

It got to the point where my calves didn't even need much in the way of work because it hits your whole leg so intensly!

frignugs is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post

so, I will typically get 10 without pausing, take about 2 breaths, get 11 and 12.....Now I am about dead and ready to drop but take 3 deep breaths and get 13, 14, and 15.....Now the pain is excruciating and I feel like I can barely stand....i can feel lactic acid coming but i take 3 deep breaths, get 16, take 3 deep breaths get 17, take 3 deep breaths get 18, by now I am shaking and moaining because it hurts so freaking bad, I cant even describe the pain, take 4 deep breaths and find it within myself to get 19, I am in tears now, take 4 deep breaths and a grunt of aganizing pain comes out as I get 20, but wait im not done yet, take 4 deep breaths and out comes a loud aganizingly painful grunt as i get 21, by now, I am not sure that I am even alive the pain is so intense, some how some way i find it within myself to try for one more, my back is worn out, so i go at about parellel because my back cant take anymore, i almost dont get the weight up, but with a loud grunt somehow some way make it up, rack the weight, and collapse into the portable military press seat i put right in front of the squat rack...I am huffing and puffing like a locomotive with the immense self satisfaction i beat what I got last time while i frantically unravle my knee wraps....soon enough, that rush gets stopped dead in tracks as nausea sets in.....at this point, i restrain from puking, or sometimes i have to let it out....in about 15-20 minutes, i will stumble on do finish out hamstrings and calves, and stumble out of the gym in a dizzying state of confusion.

this my friend, is the 20 rep breathing squat, and will not fail to give you the leg thickness and size of a true champion...nothing else comes close to hypertrophying the legs
    I could actually feel the pain in my legs as I read this.....man-o-man

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    I did it for about 6 weeks, it gave good pumps and was incredibly challenging, but it didn't make my legs balloon.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post

i remember a post JUST like this one, Im sure you do too?

green22 is offline Senior Member
    deffinately would be tough.

Thread Information