siddy101 is offline Associate Member

Exercises for my chest/tricepts day

Hey, Am currently switching from fullbody to split, and am trying to customize my workouts to achieve maximum results. Anyway could a pro take a look at my chest/tricept day and let me know if it's enough/not enough or if there will be conflict with other muscle groups from the certain exersizes later on through the week whilst blasting another bodypart. Thanks in advance. Pardon the spelling.

Siddy

Monday chest/tri

Bench press 12-10-8 reps(looks like a bloody maths equation)
    Dumbell pullover 12-10-8
    Dumbell flys 12-10-8

Standing tricept press 10-10-8
    lying french press 10-8-8
    Barbell overhead extentions 10-8-8

2 X 25 ab crunches
    15 mins jog

sonnygll is offline Member
    You don't have anything for the clavicular head of the pecturalis major. I would recommend inclines for that. pullovers are much more of a latissimus dorsi exercise. Fly's are not good on their own. Try 4 sets of flat and incline, 12 10 8 6.

For tris, just a couple sets of pbar-dips or close grip bench should do the trick.

For abs, just work that with legs, or do situps on a decline bench with a weight plate.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnygll View Post
    You don't have anything for the clavicular head of the pecturalis major. I would recommend inclines for that. pullovers are much more of a latissimus dorsi exercise. Fly's are not good on their own. Try 4 sets of flat and incline, 12 10 8 6.

For tris, just a couple sets of pbar-dips or close grip bench should do the trick.

For abs, just work that with legs, or do situps on a decline bench with a weight plate.
    If you are able to keep your arms internally rotated enough to keep elbows close enough to your side then you are taking stress of the AC joint area, but if you bench press like 99% of the world then your arms are externally rotated with an outside of 90 degree elbow angle then you are putting huge stress on the AC joint area therefore the clavicular head of the pec major would be getting ample stress wouldn't it?

sonnygll is offline Member
    It can if you lower the bar more around the collar area rather than the lower chest. Of course the whole chest gets worked in both flat and incline, it just changes the focus.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    In other words...Tight grip bench and Wide grip bench.

Incline bench, incline dubbell presses and also, my favorite, incline cable crosses

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    I would add another pressing movement for your chest like inclines as mentioned above. Personally I would do the flys before the pullovers and I would add weighted dips as an alternate to the pullovers from time to time.

For Tris, I would switchout one of the movements you listed (maybe the last one?) and replace it with something like rope pressdowns - a movement you can focus a lot on contraction. Just my 2 cents.

siddy101 is offline Associate Member
    cheers guys

Weighted dips are one of my personal favorites for both chest and tri's maybe try throwing those into the mix

Thread Information