Nismo is offline Member

Unhappy How long until I get back on track?

Heres a short story about how I grew and I shrank due to looking forward to coming home for Christmas.

For starters I was cutting through out this time.

Mid November I sprained my right wrist hitting the punching bag at the gym. After that I took a week off from the gym to allow my wrist to heal. When I started lifting again I was unable to lift as much as I could cause my wrist would hurt really bad, regardless of using wrist straps. Well due to not being able to left as much my motivation went really downhill. Well I was due to come back to the states for Christmas and New Years for two weeks. Long story short, I got lazy and the last 3 weeks of December I didn't go to the gym at all. Now that I'm home I noticed a huge loss in size and I'm sure in strength. My back isn't as defined, my chest got way softer and a bit saggy. My bis and tris looks like a 12 year old kids... hahaha well not that bad but I did lose some great size and my shoulders aren't as big as they once were. Pretty much I shrank.

I know there is no excuse for not going to the gym and letting myself get to this point. I'm gonna be home until the 11th of Jan. and I want to spend as much time as I can with my family until I go back so the gym is kinda not really an option.

My question is this, how long will it take me to get back to where I was??? A buddy of mine was telling me about Muscle Memory and that in a couple of weeks I will be back to where I was. That sounds a bit surreal so I wanted to know what your guys thought is on all this. Thanks for the help in advance bros. Looking forward to the advice.

Longball is offline Associate Member
    It depends on how hard you plan on hitting the weights. Your definition will probably depend on what you will be doing with your diet as well.

Nismo is offline Member
    I always hit the weights hard but I never give up good form or technique. Once I notice that my form is sloppy then I drop down a bit of weight.

Thread Information