TRONtheMAN is offline Junior Member

Question workout schedule?

hi, im going back to the gym on monday after 3 months off due to a broken humerus and i have been looking at changing my workout plan. what do you guys think of this-

Monday
    Chest and Tris- 2 to 3 exercises for each body part and 3 sets of 10-15 reps

Tuesday
    Delts and Traps- 2 to 3 exercises per body part and 3 sets of 10-15 reps

Thursday
    Back and Bis- 2 to 3 exercises per body part and 3 sets of 10-15 reps

Friday
    Legs and abs- 2 to 3 exercises per body part and 3 sets of 10-15 reps

each day after lifting doing cardio (treadmill, elliptical and bike)

how does this plan sound? please critique and give advice wherever you see fit. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i'd swap delts and legs
    any pressiong motion will thurougly involve and exhuast ur front delts and partially ur medial delts .. not need to blast them again the next day.. could very quickly lead to over training and hindering their growth.
    im a HUGE fan of high rep training though so i like it.

also for leg day.. just a suggestion, i like to do a HIT type of BIKE cardio after legs to completely annihilate them. go balls to the wall 10-15seconds at a high resistance then lower the resistance and go easy for the rest of the minute.. once the next minute starts rev up the resistance and go all out again.. after bout 10 minute (10 sessions of balls to the wall) u should have a massive state of lipolysis going and ur legs should feel like puddin pops

so you're saying do legs and traps on tuesday and delts and abs on fridays? thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by TRONtheMAN View Post
    so you're saying do legs and traps on tuesday and delts and abs on fridays? thanks for the tips.
    well u can actually do traps w/ back as the traps make up a HUGE part of ur back, believe it or not, and they coinside w/ all pulling motions. i'd keep abs w/ legs, imo, abs are highly involved w/ leg motions and tie in w/ the hip flexors.

so do chest, tris and delts on one day and do back, bis and traps on another day? so i would only be in the gym 3 days a week?

u can do delts seperate for a 4th day no biggie .. i do it.
    i was just saying traps are more suited for back work and not delt work, but u can keep the split just keep delts far away from chest day so they can recover

so maybe switch back and bi day with delts and traps day? also, do you think i should do 3 exercises for the chest, back, and legs and only do 2 exercises for arms, delts and traps? or is it okay to do 3 exercises for everything while keeping 3 sets per exercise? thank you for you help.

really its all trial and error.. see wat works and wat doesnt as everyone is different.

alrighto, hopefully this plan works out better than my last plan where i was vastly overworking myself by doing over 18 different exercises each day for 2 hours a day.

Thread Information