BTM0085 is offline Associate Member

average bench, average exageration?

hey dudes, I was just looking on some mens health and they say the average (median) dude 20-29 can bench 190 and can do 32 pushups in a row..I find that hard to believe...mabye for guys that work out? thoughts? Also, how much do you guys think the average dude exagerates his bench, it seems like everybody who lifts can bench over 300 or so they say, but when you see a dude in the gym feeling pushin 3 you take notice.

admirals56 is offline Banned
    ya id say its untrue there are alot of obese out of shape people these days. some can do 5 others 100. most guys at my gym add about 20-30 pounds. this one guy added 90pounds and 3 reps. he asked me to do chest with him and he couldnt get 185 and he said he could get 275 for 3

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by willieboy36 View Post
    hey dudes, I was just looking on some mens health and they say the average (median) dude 20-29 can bench 190 and can do 32 pushups in a row..I find that hard to believe...mabye for guys that work out? thoughts? Also, how much do you guys think the average dude exagerates his bench, it seems like everybody who lifts can bench over 300 or so they say, but when you see a dude in the gym feeling pushin 3 you take notice.
    32 pushups is nothing but i find the whole 190 bench to be bullshit.

i hardly ever see guys bench over 230 at the gym, and the times i see anyone going over 3 plates a side, i take notice.

i call bullshit on a lot of guys here that say they bench over 300 as well.

BTM0085 is offline Associate Member
    on a side note, I thought I could bench 290 for 3 reps (close enough for me to say i can bench 300)...I weighed the bar and it was only 20 lbs!! I estimated 30 so that definetely knocks me out the 300 club for now.
    Last edited by BTM0085; 01-17-2008 at 08:50 PM.

Thread Information