dumbells101 is offline Senior Member

Most brutal workout

What was your most brutal workout? What did you do, how did you feel afterwards and the next few days?

Mine, years ago when my two WO partners and I did 20 consecutive sets of squats. I fell once as I was walking to the car and had to deal with my leg shaking as I pushed the gas peddle. I was pretty useless the next day. I have tried on several occasions to duplicate that day with my best effort only 16 sets.

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    mine was when i was in 12th grade me and my buddy opey worked out shoulders and legs we did 20 exercises 60 sets cant count the reps cause it was all till failure superseting with negatives the first time i ever vomited from working out to hard but deffinatley not the last.

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    After i graduated from HS i did about 18 sets of squats, 10 sets of power cleans, and a ton of lunges like 200 yards worth with 2 40 pound dumbells, then went and ran a bleacher circuit 4 laps running the stairs then running the curves of the track, i couldnt walk for the next 3 days, i wasnt thinking at all, never again will i do that to myself!!

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Bench Press Competitions

At my gym we use to hold annual bench press competitions where by all the other members from other gyms throughout Montgomery, Prattville, and Millbrook preticipated in. These competitions have since been discontinued due to the possible injuries that occurred. You would start out repping your body weight as many times as you could touching your chest with the bar with each rep. I would begin training for this about 4 months before the comp. repping out as many as I could every day. Even if it was not my chest day, I would rep out at least one set's worth before I left the gym. I had noticed that my chest was feeling a little more sore than useual but put it put of my mind as I was looking forward to the comp.( Stupid mistake) In the competition, after benching 165lbs on my 35th rep I tore a pectoral muscle. The weight fell like a ton of bricks. My chest swelled up and looked really bruised for awhile until it evenually healed up several months later.
    IC

Oh yeah, the first 2 years they held this comp. I came in first bothe in my weight class and in the over all comp. The third and last year that they held this ( the year I tore my pec.) I came in second.

Ok, so I'm bragging on past comp. But just a little!

ptbyjason Guest
    I will never forget one leg workout I had. We had a series of 4 exercises that we did in a row. Leg Extensions / Leg Press/ Squats/ and some other things in there. I can't even remember now. We would do about 20 - 30 reps on each exercise as heavy as we could handle. I will still fairly new at lifting weights, but I pushed with everything I had trying to keep somewhat close to the weight my workout partner was using.

Results: Closest I ever came to throwing up, couldn't bend down without using something to hold on to for 3 days, time to bend down holding onto things was about 20 seconds, couldn't walk straight for a week, was sore for a week and a half.

I wish I could feel that pain all over again. I loved it.

Yeah I really love that feeling! You do know that we are a sick group! It's all good huh!

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    yeah its pretty bad when you LIFT til you almost barf, one of the worst feelings in the world!!

Oh...what a sense of accomplishment. Like the first time benchin 225. I told everyone hay man guess what I ralphed at the gym last night...yeah cool huh.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Strip set squats are for me the most brutal ... in fact muscle spasms often occur after ....OUCH !!!!

Abbaddon is offline New Member
    the most painfull workouts I ever had were when I was rehabbing my knee after tearing a ligament. The actual pain in the knee was bad but not having really used to muscles of my leg for nearly two months......well lets just say that I hated my therapist.

Originally posted by Abbaddon
    the most painfull workouts I ever had were when I was rehabbing my knee after tearing a ligament. The actual pain in the knee was bad but not having really used to muscles of my leg for nearly two months......well lets just say that I hated my therapist.

SUCK IT UP! When I tore a pec I did the surgery myself without anesthesia! Just messin with ya bro...rehab sux. How'd your knee heal up? Any probs?

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Guess not DB.

Mine was i went working out with ....yes, you guessed it, a chick. So i HAD to show off..... I guess i hit the jackpot....bcuz it was LEG DAY!!! Giddy up. We did squats, her just the bar, but i was lifting as heavy i could go for 4-6 reps....same with hack squats, same with leg press...then we went over and finished up with two sets to failure on leg curls and extensions...let's just say, we haven't worked out together since.. I guess she couldn't take the pain. But it was way worse for me, we went out to a restaurant 3 days later...there was stairs, took me at least 5 minutes for a measly flight of stairs....i kid you not. People were giving me weird looks, but i could not help it...i could not sit, lie down, walk without excrutiating muscle soreness for 1 week...You guys are right, i LOVED IT!!!! I've tried to get that pain again, but without a chick to workout with, i dont have as much motivation to go as heavy and hard. I need to drag some chica in there with me one day and see if it was just a fluke or not...

chillen is offline New Member
    Strip set squats are for me the most brutal ...

Hey, what are these, and how do you do them? What is everybodies expierence with these, and what were your results, in growth in both strength and size?

Thanx

a strip set is : from a heavy weight you simply lesson the weight ( maybe 3 or 4 times ) till you barley can stand with your own weight ...hehe

they HURT ....

You shouldn't do these often ... you may add these once a month ... at any given workout and/or muscle group

Socio is offline Associate Member

Talking hardcore

Well ... ive had a lot of hardcore workouts personally but only really one stands out (i was 16-17 at the time)the most emazing enough it was a bicep work out (after back i think) anyways a friend of mine was there helping me on this exercise (he didnt train that day) and mind u this is a pretty big guy , and tall and at the time i was weighing in at 230 5'8 so started doin curls with the ezy bar 88lb curls (+ the bar) did a hard 8 reps then a drop set 8 reps with 66lb then a drop max reps with 44lbs then i think it was 25-30 with 22lbs i could actually feel my self about to cry on the last set imagine walking into the gym seeing one guy around 260 spotting another about 230 curling 22lbs screaming his head off

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    10 sets of 10, superseting back and Chest

chillen is offline New Member
    Hey MarkyMark,

Thank you for the info, I'll have to try it sometime.

good luck bro ....

Be carefull and use your safety bars ///// ok

Thread Information