LawMan018 is offline Senior Member

Workout for Bootcamp

Okay guys, I want to continue my current workout for 1.5 months (which is what I have until I leave for bootcamp). I just want to start doing a lot more cardio so I can go thru bootcamp with ease, without losing "a lot" of muscle mass. I consider myself good at cardio, but I want to be great. Here's my current workout...

Mon. - Chest, Bi's

Flat Bench (Barbell) - 2 warmup sets, 4 regular
    Incline Bench (Barbell) - 3 sets
    Dumbbell Flyes - 3 sets
    Dips - 3 sets of failure

Standing Bicep Barbell Curl - 1 warmup, 4 regular
    Sitting Incline Dumbbell Curl - 3 regular
    Preacher Curl - 3 regular

Tuesday - Off

Wednesday - Legs
    (Been recovering from back injury so haven't been using squats as of yet)
    Leg Press - 2 warmup, 4 regular
    Leg Extension - 3 sets
    Barbell Lunges - 3 sets
    Hamstring Curls - 3 sets
    Standing Calf Raises - 5 sets

Thursday- off

Friday - Shoulders, Triceps

Clean and Press - 4 sets
    Dumbbell Side raises - 3 sets
    Dumbbell Shrugs - 3 sets

Close-Grip Bench - 4 sets
    Lying Barbell Extensions - 3 sets
    Rope Pulldown - 3 sets

Saturday- off

Sunday - Back, Calves

Dumbbell Rows - 1 warmup, 4 sets
    Wide-grip pull ups - 3 sets
    Wide-Grip Pull down - 3 sets
    Standing Calf Raises - 5 sets

This program is working out great for me but I haven't been doing a lot of cardio. I probably jog 2-3 times a week for about 20 minutes each session but it's uphill halfway. I'm just wanting to know a way to increase my running speed and endurance while maintaining as much mass as possible. I've heard some people talk about HIT training so if someoen could shed some light on that I'd greatly appreciate it. Oh.. and I do abs about 3 times a week just not on set days...

2bshredded is offline Member
    Don't know about the HIT, what about some hard core circiut training. This may cut you some more but it sounds like you havve plenty of time to put mass on.
    I'd just want to kick ass and take names in boot camp.....plenty of time to beef up later in life.....Live for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bshredded View Post
    Don't know about the HIT, what about some hard core circiut training. This may cut you some more but it sounds like you havve plenty of time to put mass on.
    I'd just want to kick ass and take names in boot camp.....plenty of time to beef up later in life.....Live for the moment.
    True true... But I've always dreaded losing my muscles lol... But I'll look into circuit training thanks

Nismo is offline Member
    Boot Camp??? Damn I didn't think they called it that anymore.

Anyway bro, I don't know what branch your going into but let me tell you that trainning is easy. I was out of shape as a mofo too. When I decided to enlist, I spent more time with family and friends and got really fat and lazy. I was smoking a chiminey and eating like a freakin fat ass man. That being said, it was really easy for me! If you can run then your good,

As far as loosing mass, well sorry to tell you man but you will get soft bro. Eating wont be the issue cause you can eat as much as you want 3 times a day, its not lifting that freakin sucks. You can always improvise though, for chest and tris do push-ups with your duffle on your back. For bi's, too easy! Grab your IBA (Body armor) and start doing curls. For traps and shoulders you can use your imagination. You will get really lean though and once you graduate and go to your skill trainning school you will get laid every weekend, unless your infantry or artillary then you'll just be around a bunch of dudes all the time. Good luck man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nismo View Post
    Boot Camp??? Damn I didn't think they called it that anymore.

Anyway bro, I don't know what branch your going into but let me tell you that trainning is easy. I was out of shape as a mofo too. When I decided to enlist, I spent more time with family and friends and got really fat and lazy. I was smoking a chiminey and eating like a freakin fat ass man. That being said, it was really easy for me! If you can run then your good,

As far as loosing mass, well sorry to tell you man but you will get soft bro. Eating wont be the issue cause you can eat as much as you want 3 times a day, its not lifting that freakin sucks. You can always improvise though, for chest and tris do push-ups with your duffle on your back. For bi's, too easy! Grab your IBA (Body armor) and start doing curls. For traps and shoulders you can use your imagination. You will get really lean though and once you graduate and go to your skill trainning school you will get laid every weekend, unless your infantry or artillary then you'll just be around a bunch of dudes all the time. Good luck man.
    Haha, I'm going into Air Force so I know it's gonna be pretty easy, but I just want to blow them away...

Nismo is offline Member
    Good choice man, over here there are a lot of Air Force guys. I should have joined the Air Force too. Good luck brotha.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    You are going to lose muscle. You have to face that fact. The military could care less if you are jacked or not leaving boot camp. Once you get placed on a base you can go back to lifting and all that jazz but once you leave for basic you should only focus on graduateing with Blues and nothing else.

Any good HIT cardio programs you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lifts-a-lot View Post
    You are going to lose muscle. You have to face that fact. The military could care less if you are jacked or not leaving boot camp. Once you get placed on a base you can go back to lifting and all that jazz but once you leave for basic you should only focus on graduateing with Blues and nothing else.

diponyou is offline Associate Member
    well where are you going to boot camp?

im in the army and can answer some questions if ya want

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Air Force boot is physically easy as fvck. I always lifted, but never did cardio before going. I was in the top 5% of my flight. Focus more on folding your clothes and making your bed

Oh, and you will lose size cuz you don't get to eat much and only do calisthenics.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Just remember the Number 1 rule about boot camp.

Sleep on your back or someone else will........

yea i herd af basic was a joke.it was 6 weeks and they just increased to 9 weeks.mine was just about 14 weeks.

jAcKeD!!!! is offline chemically engineered
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Just remember the Number 1 rule about boot camp.

Sleep on your back or someone else will........

Gym Freak is offline Junior Member
    AF boot camp is no joke. Just because it is not the marines or the army doesn't mean it isn't hard. People wash out of AF bootcamp just like they do in the other branches. In fact AF BMT is harder mentally then the Army bootcamp. The AF doesn't give you time outs when you can't take the yelling, screaming, and mental abuse.

Anyway focus on your running. That is the hardest part especially if like most guys you are on this site because you want to pack on lean muscle mass. The AF wants to turn you into an aerobic running anorexic Airman. You will loose muscle mass no doubt. You don't near enough calories if you are use to eating frequently and you don't get a chance to even enjoy and finish your meal. It's unreal how much food is wasted at BMT. You will be under stress constantly. To sum it up you will be catabolic the entire time at BMT. Once you get to tech. school you can start working out again and eat a lot better. The rest shouldn't be a problem. Remember it's a mind game that they love to play and that's it. So just focus on aerobic. Weight lifting won't help you at BMT, in fact if they see that you are in great shape you will stand out as a target to them, and you'll be anorexic and unhealthy by the time it's all over with. BMT is great for the couch potato Xbox generation type of youth. If you have a very active fitness type of lifestyle you'll come out worse then when you went in. That's how it played out for me. Hope that helps you some. Good luck and hang in there.

Nismo is offline Member
    Time out? I don't know what your talking about when you say that other branches get a so called "Time Out" if a Drill Sergeant is yelling at you and you can't take it. I wish I had that shit when I went through Basic Trainning.

Anywho, yeah man you will lose muscle. Your best bet is to take in as many calories as you can when you hit up the chow hall. Good luck again brotha!

haha time outs huh?

im not bashing af basic at all,i went to airborne school with a couple af guys and they were in damn good shape.

and im sure af basic has its difficulties also.

but huh no timeouts were givin here.

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diponyou View Post
    haha time outs huh?

im not bashing af basic at all,i went to airborne school with a couple af guys and they were in damn good shape.

and im sure af basic has its difficulties also.

but huh no timeouts were givin here.
    ya the guys in the airforce that go through airborne are usually para rescue guys. they are always in good shape.

oh and the timeout thing is retarded. nobody does that. i always heard the AF and navy had stress cards.

No stress cards if the AF. You don't have the option of eating to your delight either. Some guys gain weight, but those are the ones that usually are use to eating once or twice a day and there oral intake consists of chips and dips all day. If you are use to eating somewhat a consistent and good diet, you will loose weight. For a weightlifter or bodybuilder, BMT or bootcamp of any kind is a catabolic nightmare.

You are supposed to get 10 minutes to eat. Good luck if you even get 6-8 minutes. Like is stated earlier it's pitiful the amount of good food that goes wasted in BMT. You'll see, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gym Freak View Post
    No stress cards if the AF. You don't have the option of eating to your delight either. Some guys gain weight, but those are the ones that usually are use to eating once or twice a day and there oral intake consists of chips and dips all day. If you are use to eating somewhat a consistent and good diet, you will loose weight. For a weightlifter or bodybuilder, BMT or bootcamp of any kind is a catabolic nightmare.

You are supposed to get 10 minutes to eat. Good luck if you even get 6-8 minutes. Like is stated earlier it's pitiful the amount of good food that goes wasted in BMT. You'll see, good luck.
    so you couldnt pick what you wanna eat in? and ya i hated going through basic watching my muscles wither away.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    AF boot camp is no joke. Just because it is not the marines or the army doesn't mean it isn't hard. People wash out of AF bootcamp just like they do in the other branches. In fact AF BMT is harder mentally then the Army bootcamp. The AF doesn't give you time outs when you can't take the yelling, screaming, and mental abuse..
    come on now that is anything but fact.... I don't like getting into what branch is better than the other because they are all different with different objectives, but don't go off spreading rumors like that... I don't know where you got your info... that is way off with "time outs" or even AF being harder then Army... I went to Army Infantry boot camp and before the end we had to do a 10,15,19 mile road march.. I never heard of any af boot camps doing that...

I think lawman is gone already, anyhow, if anyone wants to get ready for boot camp, run your arse off and do a ton of core exercises and push ups is my advice...

No body said anythig about any branch being better. You're reading to much into what I posted. I went thru AF BMT last August, so no one is spreading rumors, only speaking from personal experience. I've seen plenty of people wash out and get recycled. No the AF doesn't do a road march, but like you said every branch has there own objectives.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No body said anythig about any branch being better. You're reading to much into what I posted. I went thru AF BMT last August, so no one is spreading rumors, only speaking from personal experience. I've seen plenty of people wash out and get recycled. No the AF doesn't do a road march, but like you said every branch has there own objectives.
    kudos on AF career.... I was referring to the comment that I highligted that said the Army has "time outs"...that's it.. don't want to argue with fellow soldier (well i am ex)... unless it is in good humor.... cause I use to own Marines...

Thread Information