QuietStorm is offline Junior Member

Question Lagging Shoulders

I have been on gear for a month now, I've gotten in great shape. My chest and traps have blown up, my arms have gotten big and my legs are coming around. The only problem is that my shoulders will not grow, I work out with my brother and my friend and the both of there shoulders have grown tremendously, mine don't seem to grow. Here is my shoulder workout, any feedback accepted.

Supinate shoulder presses ( 3 sets x until failure )
    Lateral raises ( Superset front and side ) ( 3 sets x until failure )
    Upright rows ( 3 sets x until failure )

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Ok you work until failure everytime? You maybe over training

This is my workout for shoulders/traps/triceps

Military press 5 sets alt front/reverse
    Laterial raise 3 sets
    Ez bar upright rows 3 sets
    Shrugs 3 sets
    Triceps Rope pulldowns 3 sets
    Tricep push downs 3 sets
    Tricep cable cross overs 3 sets

The last one is a killer I get a really good pump from this both in the front deltiod and triceps.

When I first started training the old guy I trained with was a ex champion powerlifter and all he made me do was Miltary press front and reverse and my shoulders really did grow and this produced amazing results for me.I,m sure I do another exc after shrugs but I can,t remember.

This works for me that,s all I can say bro and what works for your friends may not work for you swap and change your routine around until you find something that gives you good gains

Billy

Mike Guest
    Here is my shoulder routine - I answered shoulders as being my best body part on the poll the other day, I love them and feel my routine REALLY does me well - hope it can help you too

*Upright rows w/ bench bar
    4 sets (1 set of 10 for warm up, set of 8-6-4)

*Shoulder Press (I use a free bar or smith machine and do a 'military press' but only go down to about 2inches past the top of my head, never down the neck as it isn't good for the body)
    4 sets (1 set of 10 for warm up, set of 8-6-4)

*Lateral Raises (dumbells, do a set of ten-alternating hands, 10 ea-first half of set do with palm facing behind me, second half of set palm facing inwards, raising up t shoulder height)
    3 sets of 10

*Seated shoulder raises (machine, arms bent at side lifting out away from body)
    4 sets of 10

The exercises that I do sets of 8-6-4 on I do as much weight as I possibly can so that doing 1 more than that 8, 6 or 4 would not be possible. I found this routine REALLY works for me - take what you can from it.

QuietStorm is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

Thanks fellas. I'l keep y'all posted on my gains.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    my shoulder workout goes like this:

warm up- 45 lb bar
    overhead presses x 10
    upright rows x10
    10 lb plate
    lateral raises x10
    front lateral raise x10

military press with olypic bar
    one warm up x15
    3 sets of 10, last set to failure

dumbells
    3 sets of 10, last to failure

hammer strentgh machine
    3 sets of 10 for deep burn, not to failure

upright rows
    3 sets of 10, enough weight to control 10 GOOD reps

side laterals, front lateral, rear laterals
    3 sets of 10 each w/ strict form

traps
    shrugs w/ dumbbells
    3 sets of 10, as heavy as i can handle

godlike is offline New Member
    Remember...it's not how tall you are, it's how wide you are. Big delts are essential! After reading each guy's post, it's interesting to see how different each workout is. Here is what works best for me:

-Dumbell press (10-12 warm-up, 8, 6, 4)

-shoulder press machine (same pyramid as above)

-Heavy triple superset of side laterals (this is the key to the nice rounded shoulder look) for instance I'll take 80's for 10 then 60's for 8-10 then finish with 40's for 8-10. Sure, I cheat a little but trust me, your delts will be cashed after this one. Don't waist your time with front delt raises (you hit your front delts enough with chest) or rear delt raises (you should indirectly exhaust them with back-rows). This is one exercise that most people "half-ass" it through. It's too bad because if you train your side delts with high intensity-you'll see the results soon!

-Cable upright rows (10, 8, 6, 6)

Good luck and train hard!

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    What i like to do for shoulders is start off with push press to fatigue the muscle i mean 12 to 15 reps for three to four sets then get down and blast them with dumbells sides front and finally upright rows to kick start them when i start to see no results is i do either standing or seated behind the neck press first real heavy and then drop all my reps in dumbells down between 6 and 8 reps and squeeze the muscle

Thread Information