Thread: weak shoulder

loadedgunns is offline New Member

Unhappy weak shoulder

When I bench press heavier weight (360) my right side is weaker than my left. Is this because of my shoulder and if so is there an exercise to help strengthen it?

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    have you had a shoulder injury in the past?i tend to have rotator trouble when i do reverse incline,it never fails to get injured.so i just don't do it.although i test the waters every few months,only to hurt it again,when will i learn?

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    If you have pinpointed it as a shoulder issue then I would say work on front dealts. Front raises with plates and heavy presses at a very steap incline (almost 90 degrees) will strengthen the tie in muscles between the chest and shoulders. It also may be your back. Everyone forgets that your back is just as important in bench press as yoru shoulders and tris are.

I think once you pinpoint where your weakness is we can build on it from there.

loadedgunns is offline New Member

Smile

Thanks for that information. I didn't know your back was important when doing bench. I don't do front raises because I thought I was working them enough doing bench but I will make them a priority in my delt program. I was told by a trainer at my gym that he thought one of my tri's looked bigger than the other so that could also be a factor. Thanks again.
    Last edited by loadedgunns; 03-26-2008 at 01:53 PM.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    sir lifts alot pointed out the back... stabalizers and antagonist muscles play a big role. Work on your lats plenty and strengthen the rotator with external rotations and ab/adductions with some rubber tubing. Good luck bro

Thread Information