Thread: Biceps

Gym Freak is offline Junior Member

Biceps

Alright guys, I'm tryin to bring out the peak of my biceps. At the end of my biceps workout I will do two arm high cable curls mimicking a front double biceps pose. I'll usually do 4 sets with the last set being a good drop set. I've got great shape to my biceps just need the peak. I also include dumbell concentration curls. What are you guys doing to get the size and shape for biceps?

With all this being said my bicep training is by no means weak. Thanks for the help.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Ive said this before and Ill say again. You cant "Shape" a muscle only make it bigger or smaller. Your arms will always look just like they look now only they will be bigger.

so with that in mind, pick a few diff routines that you like and change it up each time for variety.

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    Quote Originally Posted by MFT81 View Post
    Ive said this before and Ill say again. You cant "Shape" a muscle only make it bigger or smaller. Your arms will always look just like they look now only they will be bigger.

so with that in mind, pick a few diff routines that you like and change it up each time for variety.
    This is wrong, you're trying to say that bicep shape don't change after years of contraptions but only grows in dimension? Crap.

CL

crazyhorse1960 is offline Associate Member
    yes,i am staying out of this one but just imo you can change your shape of any muscle!...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckLee View Post
    This is wrong, you're trying to say that bicep shape don't change after years of contraptions but only grows in dimension? Crap.

CL
    Think about this, what makes "peak" in a bicep? well to me that would be how close or far the lower portion of the biceps inserts. In my arm Ive got a decent peak to my bicep, however I can also stick two finger widths from the inside of my elbow to the start of my bicep. I will never develop football shaped biceps like larry scott or sergio oliva. to add peak youd have to change the insertion of the bicep, that cant be done without surgery.

Please, prove me wrong, im game to learn something new each day.....
    Last edited by MFT81; 03-31-2008 at 01:49 PM.

Its genetics, Your already destined to be shaped in a certain way. The only thing you can control is how big or small each muscle group becomes. To further prove what im talking about, check out youtube vids of Jay Cutler and Branch Warren at the teen nationals. Notice how much jay looks like himself now, just a smaller and less defined version.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ynptWBfAUU&feature=related
    Last edited by MFT81; 03-31-2008 at 01:54 PM.

Think about this, what makes "peak" in a bicep? well to me that would be how close or far the lower portion of the biceps inserts. In my arm Ive got a decent peak to my bicep, however I can also stick two finger widths from the inside of my elbow to the start of my bicep. I will never develop football shaped biceps like larry scott or sergio oliva. to add peak youd have to change the insertion of the bicep, that cant be done without surgery.

Please, prove me wrong, im game to learn something new each day.....
    Of course we'll not have biceps like Scott's (unfortunately) but muscle develop in its shape too, not only in dimension, do you think that those pros with a monstrous peak on their biceps were born with a shape like that??? Only smaller?
    I hope you didn't think I wanted to flame your post, it just seemed so insensate to me.

Peace
    CL

Its genetics, Your already destined to be shaped in a certain way. The only thing you can control is how big or small each muscle group becomes. To further prove what im talking about, check out youtube vids of Jay Cutler and Branch Warren at the teen nationals. Notice how much jay looks like himself now, just a smaller and less defined version.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ynptWBfAUU&feature=related
    man, in that vid Jay had already a lot of years of hardcore training and dieting, for sure, and only God knows what a cycle experience already...
    can't see the second link tho...

CL

I kinda see what you mean, so yeah to a degree they do increase shape overtime but its shape is genetically pre-determined. none of us came out of the womb ripped, so are muscles did take shape as we lifted. It just sucks when you hear people saying Im trying to bring out this area here so im going to do this lift. Dont worry about it, just lift to get bigger and stronger do the best you can and genetics will take care of the rest.

and no, you didnt flame. were just chatting/exchanging ideas.

I kinda see what you mean, so yeah to a degree they do increase shape overtime but its shape is genetically pre-determined. none of us came out of the womb ripped, so are muscles did take shape as we lifted. It just sucks when you hear people saying Im trying to bring out this area here so im going to do this lift. Dont worry about it, just lift to get bigger and stronger do the best you can and genetics will take care of the rest.

I agree on this. maybe I misunderstood before.
    We have a genetic potential that will get shape only making the muscle grow as more aspossible. Right

Cheers
    CL

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gym Freak View Post
    Alright guys, I'm tryin to bring out the peak of my biceps. At the end of my biceps workout I will do two arm high cable curls mimicking a front double biceps pose. I'll usually do 4 sets with the last set being a good drop set. I've got great shape to my biceps just need the peak. I also include dumbell concentration curls. What are you guys doing to get the size and shape for biceps?

With all this being said my bicep training is by no means weak. Thanks for the help.
    Back to the original question.. I've seen improvement since I added 21's to my bicep routine. Probably the most effective bicep exercise in existence (at least for me). I do 3 sets standing and then a set or two leaning over a preacher curl stand.

lotaquestions is offline Banned
    im a huge fan of reverse preacher curls.

Gym Freak is offline Junior Member
    I routinely include 21's, concentration, and high cable double bicep curls. But you are all right, genetically I don't think I have the peak predisposition. Thanks.

FortKnox36 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gym Freak View Post

Grab a barbell with a weight that is a little lower than normally. Bring your elbows back so the bar of the barbell is against your cock. haha. But seriosuly....Now as you lift the barbell make sure you keep your elbows stationary and keep the bar of the barbell against your body. As you go up squeeze the shit out of your biceps and bring it down slow. Repeat for 8-12 reps and do about 3-4 sets. Make sure the barbell stays against your body as you come up! Biceps will pop out as much as their "genetic potential" will allow.

Thanks for reading,
    C

helium3 is offline Senior Member

exacto! doesnt matter how you train your biceps they will grow and change shape but you will not have control over the shape they take, nuff said!

Johnny_Rotten is offline Associate Member
    Yeah i agree with not being able to alter the shape of your muscles. They grow the way they were designed to grow i guess.

This is like saying "to get big you lift heavy weights for less sets/reps but to get cut you lift lighter weights with more sets/reps. To me this is bullsh#t because the only way to get shredded is to lose bodyfat.

Thread Information