jbk
    jbk is offline New Member

A self powered TREADMILL... worth the time or money for cardio?

I was at the local mall today when i saw what looked like a mini treadmill... When i tested out the thing, it was a motorless self powered treadmill that spun as you pushed at the mat with your legs and feet in a walking or speed walking speed... i dont think i could run on the thing because i had to hold on to the handels to actuallly get the thing spinning under me..

Now this would be very convenient in my home with the limited space i have and limited $. I know i would be doin a lot more cardio in the AMs as i need to cut for the summer but being that i like to target my lower chest to be more cut, as i do cardio on regular treadmills and even elipticals at the gym i swing my arms as if i was running on the street with nothing to hold on too...

now im worried with this self powered treadmill in that i would need to be holding on to the bar in front of me while doing walking or jogging preventing me from swinging my arms in a running manner while squeezing my lower chest within the swing... now i believe it helps alot but what do you guys think? should i just go for a regular motor one for the home? cause i decided im going to purchase one... or maybe even a self powered eliptical ?

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbk View Post
    I was at the local mall today when i saw what looked like a mini treadmill... When i tested out the thing, it was a motorless self powered treadmill that spun as you pushed at the mat with your legs and feet in a walking or speed walking speed... i dont think i could run on the thing because i had to hold on to the handels to actuallly get the thing spinning under me..

Now this would be very convenient in my home with the limited space i have and limited $. I know i would be doin a lot more cardio in the AMs as i need to cut for the summer but being that i like to target my lower chest to be more cut, as i do cardio on regular treadmills and even elipticals at the gym i swing my arms as if i was running on the street with nothing to hold on too...

now im worried with this self powered treadmill in that i would need to be holding on to the bar in front of me while doing walking or jogging preventing me from swinging my arms in a running manner while squeezing my lower chest within the swing... now i believe it helps alot but what do you guys think? should i just go for a regular motor one for the home? cause i decided im going to purchase one... or maybe even a self powered eliptical ?
    A self powered eliptical.....

I really think it comes down to your goals... if you think you'll use it and you get your heart rate where you need it go for it..

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    i've used em i dont really care for them (old school)

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    go for a run outside its cheaper

rickrick55 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    a self powered treadmill..thats just means its broken

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    ^^lol.. nice one.

I don't care for 'em either.

And they're too damned noisy. (the rollers)

I'd buy a neat stationary bike... or spin bike if i had the choice.

-CNS

jbk
    jbk is offline New Member
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...entPage=family

what about this little device? its a mini elliptical... as you can see the strides arent as long as a regular elliptical but as long as i have my arm motion i think ill be alrite and get good cardio in.

my problem with going to my gym for cardio is that i do my cardio before i eat anything and as soon as i wake up... my gym is about 15miles away from me and driving twice aday including going at the afternoon or night to lift takes a huge toll on my gas but what do you guys think

Blog Entries
    junk.

-CNS

green22 is offline Senior Member
    Id save my money and go for a walk or jog outside.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by green22 View Post
    Id save my money and go for a walk or jog outside.

yep.. even a jog in the rain is a better than that piece of junk lol
    Last edited by Narkissos; 04-04-2008 at 11:19 AM.

Thread Information