HitOrMiss is offline New Member

Request Opinion On Routine

Well here are my stats Im 25 years old 5'7" at 170 lbs. not sure on bodyfat, but maybe little on the high side and lifted weights throughout high school and been on and off since then. Normally I start lifting for about 3-6 months then quit because of the lack in progress. Now from what Ive learned here I have a good idea why Ive failed previously. I already had diet looked over by a couple of the members here and was hopeing u guys could do the same with my routine. Im going for a 3 day a week split due to time restraints and my goals are size and strength. Appreciate any input.
    CHEST___________________________________BACK______ TRAPS
    Monday - 4x of decline press 3x incline press 3x deadlifts 3x shrugs
    SHOULDERS_________________________________________ BICEPS
    Wednsday- 4x shoulder press 3x side raises 1x rear delt raises 3xbarbell curls 3x dumbell curls 1x hammer curls
    TRICEPS
    3x skullcrushers 3x pressdowns

Friday- LEGS_________________________________ABS
    4x squats 3x leg extensions 3x leg curls 3x decline crunches

I keep the rep ranges the same for all the exercises 1st set 10-12 2nd set 8-10 3rd set 6-8 4th set 6-8 except for abs. The first set on an exercise is done 1 or 2 reps before failure and the rest r done to failure. And yeah I designed this around the slingshot training sytem. I tried the STS training, but it was a little more complicated than I thought and couldnt follow the rep scheme. So I decided on choosing the heaviest wait I could lift for 12 reps and work with that until I could increase the weigtht and since I wandered from STS I wasnt sure if this workout woul be good enough. Will await your opinions.
    Last edited by HitOrMiss; 04-22-2008 at 02:43 AM.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    id drop the shrugs for barbell rows or pullups. id also drop the ab crap for some calf work. other than that your routine looks pretty good. the split is decent and you got plenty days off for recovery.

All right will drop the shrugs for barbell rows and will add in 3 sets of standing calf raises on my leg day. Thanks for the advice man now I know Im in the right direction.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    What could you not figure out with the rep scheme of slingshot training

Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker View Post
    What could you not figure out with the rep scheme of slingshot training
    I know the rep scheme was 8-10 for set 1, 4-6 for set 2, 8-10 for set 3 on your key exercise and 12-15, 8-10, 6-8 a on your secondary exercise. What I had trouble with was not knowing how much weight to add. I would add too much and other times not enough. It would really throw my workouts off. Sometimes Id improve on the second set but not the third and decided it was too much juggleing of the weights. I gave it six weeks then chose to go with something more basic until I get a decent base and then will give STS another shot.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    A decent base will be required because if you dont, your weights will increase to rapidly at first, thereby throwing you off. However, with experience, you will be better able to gauge your weight

Thread Information