Blayker is offline Junior Member

Questions that needs pro to answer it

Hello...

1-I would like to know the differents between body building ,weight lifting and power lifting in terms of training days,sets,reps,intensity and muscle size and definations.And is it possible to mix them in my training program to get all their benefits?(like having bodybuilding big muscles and power lifters power)

2-How to get your muscles cut?Is it by losing alot of body fat?or is it when you do high reps like 20-25 and super sets?and why people actully do these types of reps?

3-Im on diet now is it ok to drink creatin and protien shakes with low calories while im trying to lose weight?and is it ok to do 12,10,8,6 reps to lose weight?since heavy weights take alot of energy to deal with so that means losing fat while im on diet

4-i heaed that intensity training makes the muscle grow bigger but what i dont get is that you can still get your intensity with 25 reps or even 12 reps so do both of these sets build msucles?

5-What should i do when i feel hungry in the gym?should i eat calories?and i do eat caloires ill be like doing nothing since im trying to lose fat will im in the gym?And how would i know that im overtraining?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ;D
    Last edited by Blayker; 05-05-2008 at 06:23 AM.

awd4x4 is offline New Member
    I will give you my point of view.

2 - If you want a cut and well defined muscle the real key is a low body fat index.People usually do those types of reps just to keep the muscle contracted for a longer time which in this order increase the pump and blood running in the muscle.
    3 - It's not a problems to use whey prots when you're on a diet.Creatine is also a good choise if it's not monohydrate ,cuz it will act as an energetic.
    Heavy sets won't help you loose fat.Yes you need alot more energy when you are lifting heavy weight but this energy won't come from fat for a simple reason.While you're lifting weight you are in an anaerobic fase which means that the blood in your system is running too fast and cannot be oxidized enough.Oxygen is the key component in the burning fat process.Also i never recommended heavy reps while on a diet cuz the body cannot recover properly and that will cause some undesirable lost of muscle tissue.

4 - Building muscle is a complex process compound of many factors which have influance on it.Balanced and well desing diet plus enough and proper rest are far more important than the workout routine itself.No one can say "Yes ,do heavy reps and you'll grow big" ,or the opossite.You should just work with your body and see what suits it best and work on it.

1 - There is huge difference between power lifting traing and working out for muscle size and definition.Won't get in details cuz i'm not very familiar with power lifting training but as far as i know they are lifting very intense, making heavy reps 1-3 and working out only base movements twice or three times a week.(Heavy squads,bench press, dead lift and etc).
    I don't think you can combine those two types of workout in pure way but you can mix some stuffs and see what'll happen.

PS:To have the power of a powerlifter first you have to be naturally strong.Gene is also a key component in bodybuilding but there you can see better results even with weak gene's, in contrast to powerlifting.
    Hope i was usefulWish you luck.

awd4x4 is offline New Member
    I will give you my point of view.

2 - If you want a cut and well defined muscle the real key is a low body fat index.People usually do those types of reps just to keep the muscle contracted for a longer time which in this order increase the pump and blood running in the muscle.
    3 - It's not a problems to use whey prots when you're on a diet.Creatine is also a good choise if it's not monohydrate ,cuz it will act as an energetic.
    Heavy sets won't help you loose fat.Yes you need alot more energy when you are lifting heavy weight but this energy won't come from fat for a simple reason.While you're lifting weight you are in an anaerobic fase which means that the blood in your system is running too fast and cannot be oxidized enough.Oxygen is the key component in the burning fat process.Also i never recommended heavy reps while on a diet cuz the body cannot recover properly and that will cause some undesirable lost of muscle tissue.

4 - Building muscle is a complex process compound of many factors which have influance on it.Balanced and well desing diet plus enough and proper rest are far more important than the workout routine itself.No one can say "Yes ,do heavy reps and you'll grow big" ,or the opossite.You should just work with your body and see what suits it best and work on it.

1 - There is huge difference between power lifting traing and working out for muscle size and definition.Won't get in details cuz i'm not very familiar with power lifting training but as far as i know they are lifting very intense, making heavy reps 1-3 and working out only base movements twice or three times a week.(Heavy squads,bench press, dead lift and etc).
    I don't think you can combine those two types of workout in pure way but you can mix some stuffs and see what'll happen.

PS:To have the power of a powerlifter first you have to be naturally strong.Gene is also a key component in bodybuilding but there you can see better results even with weak gene's, in contrast to powerlifting.
    Hope i was usefulWish you luck.

Blayker is offline Junior Member
    thanks for taking the time to replay

Thread Information