Maverick_J8 is offline Member

Who uses a lifting belt, and loves it?

I love the god damn thing!!!

Without it my workout would be no where near as intense. Weight would not be as heavy. Confidence on each of the 'Big three' lifts would not be as high. My workout would pretty much suck!!!

Then theres the health and safety side. Injury prevention and all that. And it does a bloody good job of that too.

Wear a Lifting belt!!!!!

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    power lifters or someone with a back condition should be the only ones wearing belts. yeah maybe a bodybuilder who is doing heavy deads or squats, but the average joe should work on strengthening there back, grip and form. same goes for straps, i dead around 500lb(no big deal) at the minute and i dont use either.

sometimes they can cause stress on other parts of the body that have to compensate.

Maverick_J8 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by helium3 View Post
    power lifters or someone with a back condition should be the only ones wearing belts. yeah maybe a bodybuilder who is doing heavy deads or squats, but the average joe should work on strengthening there back, grip and form. same goes for straps, i dead around 500lb(no big deal) at the minute and i dont use either.

sometimes they can cause stress on other parts of the body that have to compensate.

Fair point.

I never used to use a belt. I had a close-call during a deadlift session once... my lower back gave way and couldn't stand up for a mere few seconds. Few seconds that put the fear of Christ in me. I then started using a belt, and my lifts and form also improved.

Not willing to take a chance that could ruin everything I, we, are pretty much on this forum now for.

Blackster1975 is offline Associate Member
    i only use a belt when doing bent overs rows or deadlifts, as it makes my lower back feel more secure.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    I agree with helium.

I dead between 5-600lbs and I'll use a belt over 500lbs and knee wraps if i'm feeling extra stress. I'll also use a belt if squatting heavy but other than that, no need really.

PowerPress is offline Junior Member
    only on squats for me

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm all about a belt on leg workouts... I'm working my legs not my back so anything I can do to take it out of the motion I do.... as far as my back workout my belt gets used on dead over 500lbs like was previously stated... as far as wrist straps I use them as I only deadlift overhand grip so I need it for anything over 405...

Thread Information