Thread: Elbow clicks

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

Elbow clicks

OK for about the last month I have been noticing that when doing triceps over head with dumbbells my elbow (mainly rt side) clicks. It's not painful but annoying. I try holding them in against my head and different positions but it seems to almost always do this. No, weights are not to heavy so that's not the issue.

Any suggestions?

CJN1717 is offline Junior Member
    Be careful the same thing happened to me about a year and a half ago and today I can barely do close grips anymore or skull crushers (Which were my favorite) I had to wear a support on my elbow for about 6 months from the pain.

If your doing skull crushers now, eliminate them for the time being. They are horrible on your elbow joints.

AcePowerZ is offline Member
    yes this happens with me. What I usually do is put the weight down, and stretch again. Then Start back with a little lighter weight and move back up if its comfortable.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    OK for about the last month I have been noticing that when doing triceps over head with dumbbells my elbow (mainly rt side) clicks. It's not painful but annoying. I try holding them in against my head and different positions but it seems to almost always do this. No, weights are not to heavy so that's not the issue.

Any suggestions?

Use over head cable extensions instead and it should improve. If not, you may have to get a cortisone shot to soften the hardened tissue in that area.

VWbug66 is offline Senior Member
    man my elbow does this also! only with this work out, so i just dont do it anymore, i just do pulldowns, and one hand over the head extensions...never hurts, but clicks like a bitch..i've been wondering what this is

chopper9451 is offline Associate Member
    happens to me too. its anoying and feels super funky

Thread Information