Sehr is offline Junior Member

Is it just me or does this smell like bs?

Alright so the background is ive been trianing weighted chins for around 7months and have gotten from doing around 4r with 45lb to being able to do 1r with 90lb and 4r with 70lb (all prs). I go on youtube and theres a video of some dude doing 90x5 (the weight hes using looks like a shitload of small plates). So i ask what hes been doing in terms of workouts and he gives me this..... Re: Thanks for the reply! How long were you training before you could do 5x90? Re: Thanks for the reply! How long were you training before you could do 5x90?

I just checked my training log, and I started training weighted chins with the following sets and reps:

21.25kgx5, 20kgx5, 18.75kgx5, 18.75kgx5, 18.75kgx5

I rested for 4 or 5 minutes between each set of 5. I trained three times a week (Mon, Wed, Fri), increasing the weight by 1.25kg every set on every workout. One month later, my final workout looked like this:

40kgx5, 33.75kgx5, 32.5kgx4, 32.5kgx4, 32.5kgx4

The first set should have only been 35kg, but I thought what the heck and tried for 40kg. I got it! The next day I did one set of 41kg (90lbs) for the video. I hope this helps you out. Mail me again if you have any more questions.

In one month he increased his 5RM by 45lb???? If he was just starting weighted chins with like 10lbsx5 i could see him doing maybe 35-40 for 3r or so after a month, but not this kind of huge strength gain. As most of you know initial gains are huge for strength but the heavier the weight gets it seems the longer it takes to make gains, even with periodization etc. I felt really discouraged at first but the more i think about it the more it smells of bullshit. I wanted to get some feedback on this.
    Last edited by Sehr; 07-26-2008 at 07:28 PM.

Sehr is offline Junior Member
    Ill have to post this somewhere else to get replies, not sure where.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Even if it was b/s, why do you care?

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^^x2. Just focus on your on progress brotha....But to answer your question, Ive seen some dudes doing some pretty freaky weighted pull ups. I think an 85lb db was the most I ever saw.

Thread Information