Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    BIGMAC250 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    417

    Exclamation one arm bigger than the other

    for some reason one arm is bigger than the other.....and i lift the same with each one.actualy the one that appears smaller is actually stronger than the bigger more shaply looking one.......could this be due to the fact that i had tommy john surgery(elbow surgery) in highschool and i couldent use it for 6 months during my years of prime natural test levels....could it be due to the fact that i was a pitcher...or in all seriousness do i need to switch up my dick skinner........stupid question but im serious cause it bothers the shit out of me...plus it just looks stupid

  2. #2
    maroZ's Avatar
    maroZ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    287
    i have the same problem for years. and i have never had surgery or pitched, from what i was told it would equal out in time, but its not doing that with me

  3. #3
    BIGMAC250 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    417
    ive been told the same thing over and over again.....i can tell everytime i look in the mirror or just look at my arms....the only way people can tell is if i say something about it or they notice that one arm fills out a shirt more than the other arm...its ****ing stupid and very frustrating

  4. #4
    pitbullxx's Avatar
    pitbullxx is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    18
    my arms do the same thing. my left arm looks bigger then my right. i have hurt my right shoulder before maybe that could be it?
    i lift the same with both arms

  5. #5
    automatic is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28
    i had the same problem.i solved it by added 5-10 lbs extra on bench press on my left side and did more reps on bicepts and tris on the weaker side.after about a couple of good cycles ,2 years later you can hardly tell.now i feel that my left is stronger than my right.it worked for me.

  6. #6
    FreeDOOM's Avatar
    FreeDOOM is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Western US
    Posts
    411
    well i have noticed the same thing in my biceps. My right arm has always been stronger then my left so i started working my left harder then my right. Now my left bicep looks better then my right although it is not any stronger. So you need to evulate your goals. If you are a power lifter and care about strength then concentrate on making your arms of equal strength but If you are body building then work the smaller arm harder until it matches the other.

  7. #7
    llrockyll's Avatar
    llrockyll is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    580
    99% of people have this problem

  8. #8
    bigt10 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Back The Way you Came
    Posts
    861
    its likely. what are the measurements.

    if its more than 1/4 -1/2 that is strange lol.

  9. #9
    Ajc330's Avatar
    Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,303
    most lifters have this problem, you have a dominant side of the body, hence being right hand or left hand, even the pros aren't perfectly proportioned.. if you don't believe me study the pics, some pros may look proportionate but who knows if they used synthol inthe lagging side just do your best to work the weaker side more..

    i do NOT suggest doing bench press and having one side heavier then the other..

  10. #10
    BIGMAC250 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajc330 View Post
    most lifters have this problem, you have a dominant side of the body, hence being right hand or left hand, even the pros aren't perfectly proportioned.. if you don't believe me study the pics, some pros may look proportionate but who knows if they used synthol inthe lagging side just do your best to work the weaker side more..

    i do NOT suggest doing bench press and having one side heavier then the other..
    the funny thing is im left handed and its my left arm that is stronger but it is smaller and it looks like shit.....i have no peak at all its almost just flat when i flex it......thats why im not sure if it has to do with the fact that i had elbow surgery..or was a pitcher my whole life...or if its just from beating off....its ****ing agrivating though

    Quote Originally Posted by bigt10 View Post
    its likely. what are the measurements.

    if its more than 1/4 -1/2 that is strange lol.
    man ill have to measure.... alls i know is that my right arm fills out my sleeve significantly more than my left one....and that was the only one i measured because it was bigger and my and my buddy would always get into at the gym about whose arms were bigger so we would have the chick at the gym measure them...

  11. #11
    BIGMAC250 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDOOM View Post
    well i have noticed the same thing in my biceps. My right arm has always been stronger then my left so i started working my left harder then my right. Now my left bicep looks better then my right although it is not any stronger. So you need to evulate your goals. If you are a power lifter and care about strength then concentrate on making your arms of equal strength but If you are body building then work the smaller arm harder until it matches the other.

    yea i usually add a few more reps to my left side during each set.....try and get the pump feeling the same....

  12. #12
    BIGMAC250 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by llrockyll View Post
    99% of people have this problem

    yea so ive herd cause i said something to my buddy about it and told me to actually pay attention to the pros and shit and will see......its just so damn aggrivating

  13. #13
    Ajc330's Avatar
    Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,303
    well then i'd say it was your genetics, synthol anyone?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •