DOGGYBLASTER03 is offline New Member

running vs power walking

ok, so i bought 3 bottles of clen today. i did my research, plan on taking 2 in the morning for two weeks. and the two weeks off.three times.

i read in another thread that to maximize fat loss i should power walk vs running. if this is true and you agree with this would hiking up hills be the same as power walking?

stats
    26 yrs
    19% bf
    69 inches
    190 lbs
    ultimate goal is 16%.

diet: been doing the atkins for 2 weeks (no carbs) ald plan on continuing for another six weeks.

i am taking 6 hydroxycuts a day.

so should i be sprinting my ass of as i have been in the morning on an empty stomach or power walking?

thanx i apreciate your responses.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Sprinting will not help much in the weight loss department, powerwalking or jugging at a moderate intensity for at least 30 min a day 5 days a week would help you out a lot better.

thanx for the reply buddy. one more question, if i jogged/powerwalk in the morning will it be ok to do sprint drills at night?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    yep as long as your legs can take the pounding.

kool, thanx! i apreciate it

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    I disagree, HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is most effective at shedding weight. Notice I said WEIGHT and not FAT. For those who are unaware, an example of HIIT is walking 100m, sprinting 100m, walking 100m, sprinting 100m (perhaps around a track) etc.

The whole principle behind it's effectiveness is that your heart rate is constantly changing, and therefore your body does not adjust to a nominal heart rate, so that weight-loss occurs at max efficieny. However, I would not suggest this to someone who is already lean and looking to drop a few extra pounds of fat. For that I would recommend 30-60 mins of low intensity (55-65 rpm) cardio atleast 4 times a week (optimally everyday).

However in your case, I would suggest you perform HIIT atleast 3 times a week in the morning on an empty stomach. If you are worried about burning muscle-mass to fuel your cardio, take in 2 grams of BCAA's (or a protein shake) with 500mg of vitamin c before HIIT, as this will provide solid muscle-sparing insurance.

Thread Information