Juice_E is offline Junior Member

how do you perform cable rows?

i've been told to keep your back straight and use a neutral grip to take out your biceps.

this video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=WVtZhSOGshc) i watch before every workout shows it using your lower back at 1:03.

does it matter to do it either way? which is better?

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    If you're doing them to make your middle back thicker, I wouldn't even bother with cable rows. Free weights engage the most muscles (including those stabilizing muscles that are not utilised when you're using a machine or pulley), and I therefore strongly recommmend doing wide-grip chins (50+ reps), deadlifts (sets of 6,4,2), and bent-over barbell rows (to replace cable rows) for a complete back. Good luck.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice_E View Post
    i've been told to keep your back straight and use a neutral grip to take out your biceps.

this video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=WVtZhSOGshc) i watch before every workout shows it using your lower back at 1:03.

i dont do those, i do deadlifts for my lower back. i keep my back straight and really concentrate with my back muscles. this makes all the difference in the world and get a good stretch by letting the arms go as far forward as possible.

i may do like lee, if im cheating to get a few more reps with my heavier set.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice_E View Post

You should keep your back a little more straight then whats he is doing in the video but at the same time you can't compare your movements to the more advanced BBers.

Juice_E is offline Junior Member
    alright thanks

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    I didnt watch the vid but let me guess, Lee was leaning really far forward and then leaning really far back as he did the row??

I dont recommend leaning super far forward staying pretty upright, the key to doing any type of row, however is your posture and pulling with your "elbows"

before you even grab the bar,handle etc. sit upright, maintain a natural curve in your lower back, and stick your chest up and out. maintain that posture the ENTIRE time you do rows.

the next "key" is to keep your bis and forearms out of the movement by not death gripping the handle or use straps, and to think of your hands and forearms as lifeless straps so that you pull back with your elbows to ensure a Full Range of Motion.....

By the way, I think cable rows would work really well, but rack pulls, deads, and barbell rows are also great exercises too.

Thread Information