HereWeGoAgain is offline Banned

Protien shake after AM cardio on empty stomach?

If I'm doing 30 minutes of cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, can I have a protien shake immediately after and then eat 30 minutes or so later?

I'm just not sure if you are supposed to wait after doing the cardio in the morning before ingesting anything or if its OK to have a shake immediately after and then food shortly following.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    you can have it right after, but i would eat solid food instead, or just wait to eat when you get home if it's only gonna be 10-20 minutes

What do you mean? Its better NOT to have a protien shake after morning cardio? You are saying its better to just eat solid food instead?

teufelhundenjwa is offline Associate Member
    Solid food is always better IMHO. I only use whey post weight lifting workout. On cardio only days I eat a whole food meal 60 minutes after the cardio.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    I would eat a meal. Save the shake for a post weightlifting workout.

I drink two shakes a day. Normally one after morning cardio session and then the other following my weight training. Is this not right?

Also, you said you eat 60 minutes after cardio. That was the entire point of this thread. Am I supposed to wait after doing morning cardio to ingest anything or can you eat immediately after?

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HereWeGoAgain View Post
    I drink two shakes a day. Normally one after morning cardio session and then the other following my weight training. Is this not right?

Also, you said you eat 60 minutes after cardio. That was the entire point of this thread. Am I supposed to wait after doing morning cardio to ingest anything or can you eat immediately after?
    I am not sure why you would wait 60 minutes. You are already are towing the line of you body chewing on muscle for food. I would eat asap.

Ok, thanks!

Thread Information