Thread: Muscle memory

BIGMAC250 is offline Associate Member

Muscle memory

how long till it kicks in......does it only actually make a diff if you push yourself after you have been out for a while......does it actually increase the rate at which you grow or is it just strength gains.....i know what it is but what are the details to exactly how and what it remembers?

dobaria is offline New Member
    For me I was out of the game for 3 years. The couple of weeks were hell for me in the gym. Once that past my gains started and my strength was moving along until I hit my usual climax and now I have to slowly up the weights each week.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    When I referrence muscle memory its usually to bust on those guys that come into the gym and do the exact same chest workout every week (flat bb first of course) and think they're sweet because their bench keeps going up. Oddly enough they dont get any bigger and their physiques are pathetic, but hey at least they can brag about how sweet their flat bench is...they then proceed to go do 185x6 for 3 sets on the incline bench.....So to answer your question, no IMO muscle memory is only good for strength gains, not growth.

BIGMAC250 is offline Associate Member
    hahaha...thats funny you say that cause i know a few people that are like that.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGMAC250 View Post
    how long till it kicks in......does it only actually make a diff if you push yourself after you have been out for a while......does it actually increase the rate at which you grow or is it just strength gains.....i know what it is but what are the details to exactly how and what it remembers?
    Generally, you want to switch routines every 4-6 weeks. Your body needs the change in order to grow.

Thread Information