dieseldru is offline New Member

mid back thickness needed

sup guys? my question regards back training. my back is pretty defined, but i have a problem with the lower trap/mid back thickness. for some reason, i can't seem to hit it. i know what some of you guys are going to say, but even exercises with a closer grip seem to hit my lats more than my mid back, and im starting to notice that my lats are starting to overpower. any suggestions for ways to tweak certain exercises (barbell rows, tbar rows, cable rows, etc.) to hit more of the lower traps and mid back?

BuiltForThis is offline Associate Member
    Bent-Over Barbell Rows and Deadlifts work the best for me.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Do bent rows to your lower chest instead of your waist, I have been doing them like that, close, underhand grip and it has worked wonders.
    Last edited by MASTER; 05-15-2008 at 06:33 AM.

green22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuiltForThis View Post
    Bent-Over Barbell Rows and Deadlifts work the best for me.
    Ill second that.

Blackster1975 is offline Associate Member
    bent over rows, deadlifts, t-bar row, i find that close grip seated row really hits my mid back also.

39+1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldru View Post
    sup guys? my question regards back training. my back is pretty defined, but i have a problem with the lower trap/mid back thickness. for some reason, i can't seem to hit it. i know what some of you guys are going to say, but even exercises with a closer grip seem to hit my lats more than my mid back, and im starting to notice that my lats are starting to overpower. any suggestions for ways to tweak certain exercises (barbell rows, tbar rows, cable rows, etc.) to hit more of the lower traps and mid back?
    Some fu%kin T-bar heavy and bend you ass over when you doing them. what the hell do ya mean your lower traps? either ya hit um or ya dont. Try heavy, try light, try extrem ROM with the shoulder shrugs. Your having problems with you traps not your back. lot of people have problems with their traps so dont get discuraged, cause anybody can get um. try smith machine and lean forward. then try smith machine facing it and lean back. get some dumbells and throw them forward while you do a shrug. try to figure out how to pump them fuc$ers up and thell grow.
    Last edited by 39+1; 05-17-2008 at 05:07 PM.

gdecgoat is offline New Member
    bent rows

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Rack Pulls, or full deads, T-bar rows, barbell rows, and Close Grip cable rows.

I also like to do a cable shrug on the station where you do cable rows, Ill use a straight bar with a close grip, then ill simply shrug by pulling only my shoulders back and at a slight incline angle, I do these not seated but standing.

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Barbell rows, t-bar rows, deadlift.

Hemothorax is offline New Member
    WIDE grip rows of any kind bb, cable ect... leave your ego at the door and drop down some weight so you can focus on squeezing your shoulder blades together.

Thread Information