Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Slingshot Training System

the big lebowski is offline Junior Member
    nevermind my question i think i figured it out
    Last edited by the big lebowski; 11-04-2008 at 01:04 PM. Reason: figured it out i think

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    There's no such thing as being able to max out your genetics without taking some sort of risk. It's the potentially dangerous beyond failure training methods I am against.

Glad to hear your are making gains with Slingshot Training.
    Gotcha

Iceman69 is offline Associate Member
    WOW!

I just spent 3 hours reading this thread by Ronnie and never before have I ever read anything in the bodybuilding world that has made THIS MUCH SENSE!!!

THANK YOU....THANK YOU...THANK YOU.

Over the next week I'm going to construct my plan for my first Slingshot Prime/Blast and will post it here for your feedback if you have the time.

Once again thank you for your dedication to the sport of bodybuilding. I'm also following your wifes progress and all I can say is wow.....she's got some amazing wheels.

Iceman

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman69 View Post
    WOW!

I just spent 3 hours reading this thread by Ronnie and never before have I ever read anything in the bodybuilding world that has made THIS MUCH SENSE!!!

THANK YOU....THANK YOU...THANK YOU.

Over the next week I'm going to construct my plan for my first Slingshot Prime/Blast and will post it here for your feedback if you have the time.

Once again thank you for your dedication to the sport of bodybuilding. I'm also following your wifes progress and all I can say is wow.....she's got some amazing wheels.

Iceman
    Thank you iceman! My wifes legs are much bigger in person than what the pictures show...lol...

It means a lot too me everytime I hear positive feedback about Slingshot Training. I've put a lot of time and effort into making sure everyone has access to what I believe to be the authorative guide to weight training and nutrition.

I will make the time to provide you with feedback. I want to see you do this thing right!

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    2 days into the prime I got the flu. It hit me hard so I stopped training. Next week I'm supposed to start up the Blast. I'm feeling fine but haven't touched a weight in almost two weeks. Should I go ahead and train as usual?

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by f4idom View Post
    2 days into the prime i got the flu. It hit me hard so i stopped training. Next week i'm supposed to start up the blast. I'm feeling fine but haven't touched a weight in almost two weeks. Should i go ahead and train as usual?
    Skip the prime!

In this case I would start out with the 8-12 week blasting phase by utilizing a 1 week deload (less volume/sets) instead of beginning with a reload (more volume/sets). By the second week of the blast you should be ready to start the reload.

Currrent update is as follows...Making the best muscle gains like since I first began lifting. I cant believe this shit! STS is the real deal..

Imagine when I hit gear for the first time...THANK... YOU.....RONNIE

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I have been reading this for a couple of hours and I am confused.
    So the training program would consist of 2 weeks of high rep exercises at two sets each?
    How many exercises perr body part during this phase?

Then after this for the next 8-12 weeks you do 2 exercises per body part at 6-8 reps? With a deload week every 4th week? Making it 3 deloads in a 12 week routine?
    And continue this until the 12th week and do another two week prime?
    Now during these 8-12 weeks are you changing exercises every week?

Sorry for all of the questions but for some reason I am just not getting it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    I have been reading this for a couple of hours and I am confused.
    So the training program would consist of 2 weeks of high rep exercises at two sets each?
    How many exercises perr body part during this phase? Generally around 4 sets per body part a week. If you are doing only 3 exercises then simply do 2 sets for your primary exercise and 1 set for the other two secondary exercises.

Then after this for the next 8-12 weeks you do 2 exercises per body part at 6-8 reps? With a deload week every 4th week? Making it 3 deloads in a 12 week routine? You can do 2, 3 or 4 exercises per body part depending on your individual preference. Reps should be between 6-12. A good plan is to deload for 1 week after every 4 weeks of reloading like you stated but some will do better with 2 weeks of reloading and 1 week of deloading. And some even prefer alternating 1 week of reloading with 1 week of deloading. The key is to find what works best for you while never exceeding 4 weeks of reloading and 2 weeks of deloading.

And continue this until the 12th week and do another two week prime? YES!

Now during these 8-12 weeks are you changing exercises every week? You do have the option of changing exercises every week but its not mandatory. The secret is to change exercises before over use occurs or when an exercise becomes stale.

Sorry for all of the questions but for some reason I am just not getting it.
    No problem! I answered above in red.

As we discussed by PM you would do well using the following program for 2 months before priming and blasting. Simply insert your favorite exercises in to this 3 day per week program. It will work very well for your level of experience.

3 DAY PER WEEK SLINGSHOT TRAINING FOR BEGINNING BODYBUILDERS

As I have said many times, the 3 day per week program will stimulate growth like nothing else if you are new to bodybuilding! The advantage of the 3 day Slingshot Training Systems is that, if followed as I have outlined, the muscles have no choice but to grow at a phenomenal rate for 2 to 3 months (8-12 weeks).

3 day per week basic Slingshot Training for Beginners to be used 2 to 3 months before progressing to once a week muscle group training.

Note: As a beginner there is no need to prime. You'll need to blast for an entire 2-3 straight months before priming! A push-pull split also works great with the beginner program! For example, Day 1-Lats/Biceps/Foreams/Legs, Abs. Day 2-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Traps

Insert exercises into this 3 day program that you feel might work better for your body type! No heavy sets are to be performed with power-lifting movements-meaning no PREP SETS are needed. You can change the amount of sets to be used per body part but stay in the ball park.

WAIT AROUND 2 MINUTES BETWEEN SETS AND AROUND 3 MINUTES ON LEGS.
    GO TO THE POINT YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T GET ANOTHER FULL REP THEN STOP AT THAT POINT. DO NOT GO UNTIL YOU FAIL ON A REP!

Warm up sets are not provided in sample. Take each work set listed to good muscle failure. Alternate back and forth between day 1 and day 2 when training 3 days per week using a 2-way split. For example:

WEEK 1

Monday (Day 1)
    Tuesday (Off)
    Wednesday (Day 2)
    Thursday (Off)
    Friday (Day 1)
    Saturday (Off)
    Sunday(Off)

WEEK 2
    Monday (Day 2)
    Tuesday (Off)
    Wednesday (Day 1)
    Thursday (Off)
    Friday (Day 2)
    Saturday (Off)
    Sunday(Off)

WEEK 3-REPEAT WEEK 1 AND SO ON!

(Week 1)

Monday (Day 1)

Chest-

10 degree Decline Press- 3 sets (8-10 reps)

10 degree Incline Press- 2 sets (8-10 reps)

Shoulders-

Dumbbell over head shoulder presses- 3 sets (8-10 reps)

Lateral raises- 2 sets (8-10 reps)

Lats-

Medium/wide grip pull-ups or lat pull-downs- 3 sets (8-10 reps)

Close grip pull downs (plams facing each other)- 2 sets (8-10 reps)

Barbell rows to lower stomach 3 sets- (8-10 reps)

Barbell rows to mid/upper stomach-2 sets (8-10 reps)

Traps-

Seated Dumbbell shrugs-3 sets (8-10 reps)

Abs-

Crunches-2 sets for 15-50 reps

Tuesday -Off

Wednesday (Day 2)

Biceps-

Seated dumbbell curls 3 sets (8-10 reps)

Seated dumbbell Hammer curls 2 sets (8-10 reps)

Triceps-

Lying Tricep extensions 3 sets (8-10 reps)

Tricep pushdowns with small straight bar 2 sets (8-10 reps)

Quads-

Squats- 3 sets (8-10 reps)

Partial dead-lifts -1 set (8-10 reps)

Leg press 2 sets (8-10 reps)

Hams-

Lying leg curls 3 sets (8-10 reps)

Calves-

Standing calves raise 3 sets (8-10 reps)

Thursday -Off

Friday (Day 1 Workout)

(Week 2)

Monday (Day 2 Workout)

Wednesday (Day 1 Workout)

Friday (Day 2 Workout) Continue with cycle!

Important Note:

1) You are training each muscle group twice a week to improve neural pathways.

2) You can do 15-30 minutes of cardio on 1-2 non-training days if desired.

3) Use the blasting phase diet.

Thank you so much.

tunedx is offline Junior Member

Training and Diet

I've been training now for 7yrs. I'm 5' 9" 30, 168lbs, 16.3%BF. I'm just finished my new carb cycling diet. It consists of High,Low,No carb days. My goal is to strip my bf down to around 12% and then start a lean bulk. This way I can get familiar with my body and when it comes to spring leaning up won't be so hard. I have a relatively fast metoblism and everytime in the past when I've bulked up it seems like it is pointless because when I lean up I'm the same weight I start off to be. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I read your article and its really informative and I like to give it a try I really have faith this will work for me. I'm confused here what style of training do u suggest starting off with and should I try another approach to my fat loss goal.

Any suggestion please!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tunedx View Post
    I've been training now for 7yrs. I'm 5' 9" 30, 168lbs, 16.3%BF. I'm just finished my new carb cycling diet. It consists of High,Low,No carb days. My goal is to strip my bf down to around 12% and then start a lean bulk. This way I can get familiar with my body and when it comes to spring leaning up won't be so hard. I have a relatively fast metoblism and everytime in the past when I've bulked up it seems like it is pointless because when I lean up I'm the same weight I start off to be. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I read your article and its really informative and I like to give it a try I really have faith this will work for me. I'm confused here what style of training do u suggest starting off with and should I try another approach to my fat loss goal.

Any suggestion please!
    I have a few questions. If you do not feel comfortable answering some of them on the on board please shoot me a pm.

1) Are you taking any anabolics? You are at the age where test levels begin to decline!

2) I would suggest you start out using a 4 day split, training each major body part once a week as a baseline. 10-12 sets during a reload and 5-6 sets during a deload seems to be the sweet spot for many.

3) Try a lean bulk right now after doing a 2 week prime. You need to gain weight very slowly if you put on fat weight easily. This is accomplished with Slingshot Carb Cycling and keeping carbs/overall calories under control during an 8-12 week blast. I would suggest matching carbs grams for fat grams on an equal basis once protein deductibles (1-1.5 grams per pound of body weight) are met. This means if you take in 200 grams of carbs you'll need 200 grams of fats (coming moslty from healthy fats). Cut off carbs at around 2 pm and eat moslty fats and protein. Stick to mostly carbs and protein for the earlier meals. You can have one hyperinsulnemia meal per day (combing saturated fats and carbs). I would make this breakfast and do not go over board with the saturated fats since you gain fat easily. A couple of whole eggs along with carb sources for breakfast should do it. Add plenty of egg whites to hit the 50 grams of protein mark for that meal.
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 11-29-2008 at 12:05 PM.

Unhappy please help....

i just pulled my damn elbow doing weighted chins..felt a horrific stabbing pain located at the inner most insertions by the time i got to rows..any suggestions???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    i just pulled my damn elbow doing weighted chins..felt a horrific stabbing pain located at the inner most insertions by the time i got to rows..any suggestions???
    My suggestion to you is start a 2 week deload right now! Also, start using less weight and better form on back work. Chinups done in an explosive manner are notorious for causing elbow trouble. I think you shoud go back to using only your body weight and work on meticulous form. Then go from there..

My suggestion to you is start a 2 week deload right now! Also, start using less weight and better form on back work. Chinups done in an explosive manner are notorious for causing elbow trouble. I think you shoud go back to using only your body weight and work on meticulous form. Then go from there..
    Once again you are right Mr.Ronie..... My elbows is already feeling much much relief..... ....Question...Where did you go to school to learn all this shit?

hockeyguy is offline Associate Member
    Ronnie - Just got into this reading today and think I should tweak my workout, let me knw what your thoughts are. Will be starting my 2nd cycle in the next 3 - 4 weeks.

Currently 5'7 177-180 age 31. Not in it for bodybuilding just personal pleasure.

My current workout looks like this, usually do 4 excercises on each part with 3 set and 6-8 reps.

Day 1
    Chest and tri's

Day 2
    Bi's and shoulders

Day 3
    Back and Abs

Day 4
    Legs

Day 5 OFF
    Day 6 OFF

Back at it the next day
    Last edited by hockeyguy; 12-26-2008 at 04:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    Once again you are right Mr.Ronie..... My elbows is already feeling much much relief..... ....Question...Where did you go to school to learn all this shit?
    I am ISSA certified. But, it's not where you have been to school that counts. I have trained numerous people with master degrees in exercise science, spots medicine, countless trainers certifications etc! I have also trained a lot of nutrionalist. I specialize in helping athletes, competitive bodybuilders and female competitors such as figure, bodybuilding and power-lifting. Designing specialized routines and diet plans has always come easy for me. It's been my passion since I was a teenager. I believe it's what God put me on earth to do.

I have learned a lot through years of trial and error (nothing beats hands on experience!), case studies, and from being around some of the most gifted trainers the world. I've been doing this religiously since the early 80's.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyguy View Post
    Ronnie - Just got into this reading today and think I should tweak my workout, let me knw what your thoughts are. Will be starting my 2nd cycle in the next 3 - 4 weeks.

Currently 5'7 177-180 age 31. Not in it for bodybuilding just personal pleasure.

My current workout looks like this, usually do 4 excercises on each part with 3 set and 6-8 reps.

Day 1
    Chest and tri's

Day 2
    Bi's and shoulders

Day 3
    Back and Abs

Day 4
    Legs

Day 5 OFF
    Day 6 OFF

Back at it the next day
    1) 12 set is fine during a 1-4 week reoload but you'll need to do only 6 sets per major body part during a 1-2 week deload. You cannot train all out all the time and expect to make rapid gains!

2) I would not do 4 days of training in a row. I would do only 4 days per week with the following split or one very similar-

Day 1-
    Chest and tri's

Day 2
    Bi's and shoulders

Day 3 OFF

Day 4
    Back and Abs

Day 5
    Legs

Day 6 OFF
    Day 7 OFF

Back at it the next day-(day 8)

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    what do u mean de-load re-load De-load i know you mean taking it easier and re-load i know you mean kicking it up, bit is there a middle phase of just training?? at a high volume?

what would you call normal training say 12 weeks or so of traing what kind of sets are you doing for that

sizerp is offline Banned
    Hey Ronnie -
    I just started priming today. I'm 5'11" @ 185 - 10%BF soaking wet. What do you suggest pro/carb/fat ratio and Kcal count be during this time? Thanks.

mholla is offline Junior Member
    I've been reading your posts about sling shot training and i've noticed you separate your back workouts by overall, width and thickness. how do you determine how many sets for each part of the back during the blast phase? is there an overall set amount for total back workouts?

if i was planing a 12 week cycle of test e (then week 14-18 pct), would that change the length of the blast cycle to include pct? how should i arrange my lifting cycle for that?

thanks for the help

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    what do u mean de-load re-load De-load i know you mean taking it easier and re-load i know you mean kicking it up, bit is there a middle phase of just training?? at a high volume?

what would you call normal training say 12 weeks or so of traing what kind of sets are you doing for that
    Okay, there is a 2 week prime and an 8-12 week blast. Since you want to blast for 12 weeks you will follow 2 training cycles during the 12 week blast. Those two cycles will be a deload and a reload. How long you perform each of these cycles is very individualistic. The main thing about Slingshot Training is to never exceed 4 weeks of reloading before taking a 1-2 week deload. I have been doing very well as of late with 4 weeks of reloading, 2 weeks of deloading, 4 weeks of reloading and 2 weeks of deloading. "Thats my 12 week blast"! Next I do a 2 week prime and start blasting again..

For sets during a reload I have been doing 12 for major bodyparts like the chest and 10 for smaller body parts like the arms. For sets during a deload I cut them in half. For major body parts I do about 6 and for smaller body parts around 5.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    when im 10% bodyfat im going to lean bulk using your method

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    Hey Ronnie -
    I just started priming today. I'm 5'11" @ 185 - 10%BF soaking wet. What do you suggest pro/carb/fat ratio and Kcal count be during this time? Thanks.

For the blasting phase- I would take in about 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight and no more. For you that woud dictate around 275 grams of protein daily.

With your low body fat levels I would take in twice as many carb grams as fats grams. If you need 200 grams of carbs per day then simply take in 100 grams of fats per day.

It's impossible for me to give you exacts on calories needed because things are constantly changing. You shouldnt need to count calories! I would simply increase cals by around 500 per week until you start making gains. This can be done by simply adding one meal per day. If you start getting fat then reduce those cals by 500 by taking a meal away.

For the priming phase-I would take in .75 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Thats only 135 grams of protein daily to put the body in a controlled catabolic state (You won't lose any muscle!)

135 x 4 would come to 540 carbs per day to replace protein calories. Remember, both protein and carbs have 4 cals per grams. I would reduce fats by 250-500 cals below maintenance if wanting to get even leaner-hence increase insulin sensitivity even further. If you are lean enough continue eating at maintenance level!

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mholla View Post
    I've been reading your posts about sling shot training and i've noticed you separate your back workouts by overall, width and thickness. how do you determine how many sets for each part of the back during the blast phase? is there an overall set amount for total back workouts?

if i was planing a 12 week cycle of test e (then week 14-18 pct), would that change the length of the blast cycle to include pct? how should i arrange my lifting cycle for that?

thanks for the help
    Yes, I've never understood why some people treat back thickness and back width as the same muscle group. Rows build thickness and pull-ups build width.

The amount of sets needed for back thickness and back width are a very individualistic thing. As of late I have been doing well by employing 12 sets for back width and 12 sets for back thickness during a reload. During a deload it's been 6 sets for back width and 6 sets for back thickness.

In regards to your cycle, 1) begin the test enan at the beginning of the 2 week prime so it will be kicking it as you enter the 12 week blast. 2) start pct at week # 10 of the blasting phase. 3) For the last two weeks of the blast you might want to peform a deload to allow for better recovery.
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 12-30-2008 at 07:24 PM.

Ronnie - Thanks for the information I will be sure to give it a shot. Thanks!

Hey Ronnie,
    Is there any way to get this in a PDF file or a word file to make it easier to print out? This way I can read it without sitting in front of the PC all the time.
    Thanks

sizerp is offline Banned
    For the blasting phase- I would take in about 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight and no more. For you that woud dictate around 275 grams of protein daily.

With your low body fat levels I would take in twice as many carb grams as fats grams. If you need 200 grams of carbs per day then simply take in 100 grams of fats per day.

It's impossible for me to give you exacts on calories needed because things are constantly changing. You shouldnt need to count calories! I would simply increase cals by around 500 per week until you start making gains. This can be done by simply adding one meal per day. If you start getting fat then reduce those cals by 500 by taking a meal away.

For the priming phase-I would take in .75 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Thats only 135 grams of protein daily to put the body in a controlled catabolic state (You won't lose any muscle!)

135 x 4 would come to 540 carbs per day to replace protein calories. Remember, both protein and carbs have 4 cals per grams. I would reduce fats by 250-500 cals below maintenance if wanting to get even leaner-hence increase insulin sensitivity even further. If you are lean enough continue eating at maintenance level!
    Thanks for the explanation!

BigBrucie is offline Associate Member
    the picture given above is USELESS as there are many other variables that could have resulted in the current physique.
    your article contained TO much repetition and is what i call "quantity over quality" not that it had no good points because it did have some very good points but terribly written .
    and what seems to me is u have combined a vary of training and diet regiments and labeled it "slingshot" LOL
    (i am not bashing just putting forward my view)

1) 12 set is fine during a 1-4 week reoload but you'll need to do only 6 sets per major body part during a 1-2 week deload. You cannot train all out all the time and expect to make rapid gains!

2) I would not do 4 days of training in a row. I would do only 4 days per week with the following split or one very similar-

Day 1-
    Chest and tri's

Day 2
    Bi's and shoulders

Day 3 OFF

Day 4
    Back and Abs

Day 5
    Legs

Day 6 OFF
    Day 7 OFF

Back at it the next day-(day 8)
    Ronnie - I am looking to bulk up 15-20 pounds would that change things? I will be cycling 500mg/ml test e.
    So I understand correctly I will reload for 4 weeks doing 12 sets and change to 6 sets for 2 weeks and back at 4 week 12 sets, 2 week 6 sets which would be my blast. My understanding is then do a 2 weeks prime and back to the blast. 2 questions
    1) what would a 2 week prime look like for sets?
    2) What do you consider major body parts?

Blog Entries

Question

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrucie View Post
    the picture given above is USELESS as there are many other variables that could have resulted in the current physique.
    your article contained TO much repetition and is what i call "quantity over quality" not that it had no good points because it did have some very good points but terribly written .
    and what seems to me is u have combined a vary of training and diet regiments and labeled it "slingshot" LOL
    (i am not bashing just putting forward my view)
    LOL...I do personal training for a living. This is only a rough draft of Slingshot Training. I can tell you right now I am not a fluent writer. In fact, most people who publish books are not professional writers but mere technical writers!

Yes, some parts are repetitive but I did take the time out to write all this in order to help others. I can tell you just about anything you want to know about weight training and diet. Slingshot Training was developed through years of trial and error in various gyms. I used friends, clients and self to find what worked best. A lot of research has also been involved.. I hope you will give Slingshot Training a try for yourself and see if it's real or hype! Then you can give an honest assestment of the program.

take care,

Ronnie
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 01-01-2009 at 09:44 PM.

mholla is offline Junior Member

Question question about prime...

whenever i have read about priming it involved a low carb/keto diet for 4-8 weeks. Also, most bodybuilders use keto diets to cut til a show and then are primed to grow after. So, how come the sling shot prime involves a 2 week high carb/low protein diet and not a longer low carb/high protein diet? thanks for the time and responses!

Blog Entries
    Ronnie - I am looking to bulk up 15-20 pounds would that change things? NO!

I will be cycling 500mg/ml test e.
    So I understand correctly I will reload for 4 weeks doing 12 sets and change to 6 sets for 2 weeks and back at 4 week 12 sets, 2 week 6 sets which would be my blast. YES, THAT WOULD BE YOUR BLAST AND ALTHOUGH THE RELOAD AND DELOAD CAN HAVE SOME INDIVIDUALISTIC VARIATIONS, I WOULD GIVE THE FOLLOWING SCHEME A TRY AND SEE HOW IT WORKS FOR YOU.
    My understanding is then do a 2 weeks prime and back to the blast. 2 questions YES

1) what would a 2 week prime look like for sets? AROUND 4 SETS PER BODYPART STOPPED A REP OR TWO SHY OF GOOD FAILURE.

What do you consider major body parts? (LATS, LEGS, CHEST, SHOULDERS). 9-10 SETS WOULD WORK WELL FOR ARMS DURING A RELOAD AND AROUND 4-5 DURING A DELOAD..

Answered above in bold..

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mholla View Post
    whenever i have read about priming it involved a low carb/keto diet for 4-8 weeks. Also, most bodybuilders use keto diets to cut til a show and then are primed to grow after. So, how come the sling shot prime involves a 2 week high carb/low protein diet and not a longer low carb/high protein diet? thanks for the time and responses!

1) After a show is indeed a great time to grow but the body can't take that kind of abuse often or on a long term basis. During the off-season the majority of your efforts should be spent training with heavy weights and eating ample amounts of calories! This includes enough carbs to fuel intense workouts. It would be a complete waste of time doing an 8 week prime during the off-season when you could be doing a 12 week blast to put on more mass/strength!

2) A high protein and fat diet like the one used with Slingshot Training for bodybuilders has been associate with causing insulin resistance. This is a big problem amongst off-season bodybuilders! Over the lengthy off-season, the consumption of any carbs that accompany protein or fats will spike insulin levels which will result in poor control of blood glucose levels. Once the body becomes insulin resistant it cannot efficiently use amino acid from food to build muscle. Also, taking in a lower amount of protein for 2 weeks during a prime gives the organs a break from having to filter all the protein and when protein is added back into the equation with better insulin sensitivity more amino acids are accpeted by the muscle. The end result-more growth!
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 01-02-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Exclamation Fyi!!!!!

I am being slammed with pm's. I will answer them in the order they are received. I will try my best to get through them by Sunday.

thank you,

Ronnie

Ronnie - Thanks will be starting tonight.
    After going back and reading again if I was to start a cycle (test e 12 weeks) today it sounds as if I should start with the 2 week prime with 4 sets per body part then go into the blast. Is that correct?

So if I'm doing chest should I be doing 4 sets of dumb bell bench, 4 sets of in-cline or de-cline, and 4 sets of flys stopped a rep or two shy of good failure in one workout?
    Last edited by hockeyguy; 01-04-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ronnie - Thanks will be starting tonight.
    After going back and reading again if I was to start a cycle (test e 12 weeks) today it sounds as if I should start with the 2 week prime with 4 sets per body part then go into the blast. Is that correct? YES!

So if I'm doing chest should I be doing 4 sets of dumb bell bench, 4 sets of in-cline or de-cline, and 4 sets of flys stopped a rep or two shy of good failure in one workout?
    During the prime you could do 2 set of declines, 1 set of inclines and 1 set of flyes (that's 4 sets total for chest). Stop each set a rep or two shy of good failure and stick to the higher rep range. Make the muscle burn some.

I thank you so much, this has given me a new motivation to go to the gym.
    Am I correct in understanding if I start my cycle tonight to start with the prime instead of the blast?

Blog Entries
    I thank you so much, this has given me a new motivation to go to the gym.
    Am I correct in understanding if I start my cycle tonight to start with the prime instead of the blast?
    This is great to hear!

Yes, start during the prime if it's a slow acting drug like test enanthate.

Blog Entries

Arrow I'm still with you!!!

My pm box is getting hit pretty hard guys. Please hang in there with me as I try to answer all your questions regarding Slingshot Training..

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information