Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Slingshot Training System

2jacked4u is offline New Member
    Ok.... I know I have only made one post on this form but have been a memnber of many others on the net for years! And hapen to come across this article on one of my other sites it was so interesting I devoted all day to just about read every post and article on this typw of training by Ronnie. All I have to say is that hands down this sounds like what I have been searching for, for years. Im a current amature competitor and would love to take it to the next level and feel this may be it. I plan on starting the routein tommrow. I have been lifting hard for about 8 years and competing for 2. Current stats----about 5'8" 204 and 9-10%-----Would love to break 215

I have to do a 2 day on and 1 day off rotation due to my job....I didnt really see a post on a specific grouping for a split like this. So if any might have caught it please point it out. With that being said I will also go into the DELOAD Phase for 2 weeks while bridging and hit RELOAD after........

I will try and log my results as I go on here in a new post.

dieder89 is offline New Member
    I just had a few quick questions on this routine after reading and am excited to start!!

Questions:When doing a blast im not sure on how long a reload (4-8 weeks?) will last before changing to a deload (1-2 weeks)

My other question was how often do you change your excercises? after changing from reload to deload and then would you go back to the same excercises on the next reload?

If you could please clarify this up for me a bit that would be great thanks!

pdlittle01 is offline New Member
    Thanks for the info! I'm switching my test cycle to only 8 weeks now.

But I have a question about the time on=time off rule.
    What would you suggest for more muscle gains instead of that rule? How many weeks after pct should I restart?

HazyA is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdlittle01;5340***
    How many weeks after pct should I restart?
    I was wondering the same thing about pct. After a reload how does one's typical PCT look like during a deload and for how long?

sean_holland is offline Associate Member
    This program is great, I'm going into week 7 and its worked fantastic so far.

I primed the first week (as I had been training for many months straight without a day off in my routine) and I can back and did 4 weeks of the reload (first week with my injuries and joins feeling better I reached new max's).

I then did a week of Deload and again broke some max's doing the low reps.

I'm back on the Reload going into my second week and its been working great. My body is responding well, i feel like I've broken through the plateau and my injuries and joints are not near as bad as they were with all the forced reps, negatives, drop sets, super sets, etc.

I will never change from this training style.

I'm not on AAS and not planing on it anytime soon, but this still works for me very well and I"ve notice very good gains.

Mind is offline New Member
    hi guys!
    great post mr. rowland!

there is something that i don't understand, at the beginning of this article mr. rowland said:
    A blast is composed of two training phases-a “reload” and a “deload”. The reload is a higher volume training phase that last 8 weeks and a deload is a lower volume training phase that last 2 weeks. Slingshot training works by reloading with more volunme while yopur on an 8 week anabolic steroid cycle or 8 week pro-hormone cycle, etc
    so we train 8 weeks by reloading followed by two weeks deloading.

then later I read this:

Sample of how you could reload and deload throughout this 8 week blast where each muscle group is trained once a week.

Week 1-12 sets
    Week 2-12 sets
    Week 3-12 sets
    Week 4-6 sets
    Week 5-6 sets
    Week 6-12 sets
    Week 7-12 sets
    Week 8-12 sets
    so we have to deload in the middle of reloading?? not when we finish it.
    something is wrong

mulldog55 is offline New Member
    Would it be safe to this workout without cycling any steroids ? and could i use maybe test boosters instead to assist growth such as prescip nolva or something? thanks

Hey everyone, first post here.

This looks like a great deal of helpful information, I am just curious if you think it would be a good choice for someone like myself who is not using AAS?
    I am currently bulking and like anyone bulking I am looking to add some serious quality mass. Would this be effective in your opinion even if I am not on a cycle?

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,
    Hulk.

optionsdude is offline Member
    Ronnie great post. Have read through most of it and I am so glad to hear you mention overtraining and injuries. I had neck surgery last May and have recovered well but if I lift too heavy it will cause spasms to return in my neck. So on many upper body exercises I cannot push to the failure point with max weight. I can't really max on anything but am definitely getting my strength back ever so slowly. I look forward to implementing your slingshot method soon.

bernimx is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    [B] The best way to overcome sticking points is by changing your routine with a deload.
    Do you mean to change it for the two week duration and then come back to your old routine, or to change during the deload, but keep the new routine for the next reload too?

It takes 6-8 weeks for full-adaptation to occur when using anabolics. Full-adaptation is what you want so go with 8 weeks! When you start to feel over-trained during a blast or your joints begin to ache, simply reduce the total work sets by deloading and keep blasting. A longer reload gives the body more time to adjust and you will hold onto the muscle better! LET'S RECAP-THERE IS NO SET LIMIT ON HOW LONG YOU CAN BLAST. THE KEY IS TO DELOAD AND RELOAD THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE BLAST AND THEN DO A 1-2 WEEK PRIME WHEN TOTAL BURN OUT OR A NAGGING INJURY OCCURS.

If one of your trainees would still makes gain at week 8, could you keep him going for one or two more weeks (9-10 totals), or do you still deload at week 8?
    One more question.

During a 2 week deload, what is a good strategy to follow? I'm finishing my 7th reload week, and feel like I am slowly getting overtrained, which is good. Main reason is that I kept adding a set here and there as the weeks passed by so that when I would deload, my body would have a reason to over-compensate (if that makes sense). On my reload, I basically followed an UPPER/LOWER split, usually 4 days a week.

For my deload coming soon, I was thinking of doing it in two different ways.. Either:
    1 - Train only M-W-F, reduce volume and train mainly my big lifts for low reps (1-5) to recover AND increase strength (ex: bench press for 3x3, followed by some light laterals raises and push-downs, you get it..)
    2 - Train only M-W-F, slightly reduce volume, but basically go there and hit only isolation exercises for high reps, keeping 2 reps shy of failure(pec-dec instead of bench press, etc..), only aiming for a good pump, keeping the session short.

Advice? (Thanks Ronnie)
    Last edited by bernimx; 03-16-2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Added stuff

Yebro is offline New Member

New member registered but not new to boards

Seems as if a lot of questions have been posted in this thread so I'll go ahead and post mine. 3rd cycle will be coming up soon and I would like to try this out. Could I go

Weeks 1-6 reload with HDrol & Test
    Weeks 7-8 deload with test
    Weeks 9-12 reload with 3ad & test?

New to the concept of slingshot and deloading in this regard

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Finally took the time to read this whole thing Ronnie. I am mother fvckin SUBSCRIBED!!! Two weeks in, using for cutting. LOVE THE CARB CYCLING! Sanity and results, pretty rare for cutting. Wanted to run my volume past ya and see what you think. Cycle is very mild and is going to stay very mild 100mg Var ed, 100mg Prop eod, clen up to 160mcg ed.....Volume is as follows: Chest- 14, Biceps- 8 (with and additional 4 sets of hammer curls for Brachioradialis), Forearms- 4, Quads-12, Hams-7, Calves-8, Delts -12 (4 for rears on back day), Triceps- 12, Abs- 8, Back-16, Traps- 6.

One more thing, I believe you recommend 4 reload, 2 deload for cutting with no prime, is this correct? And would I also bump the anabolics down during this deload, or should I just keep them same throughout due to the abbreviated reload? Thanks Ronnie.

bgvillones is offline New Member
    Sir Ronnie pls help me to bulk up fast. Give me the exact workout excercises that I should do per day. Pls help me thanks.

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    This thread should be locked. You guys are asking questions in the wrong thread, Ronnie doesnt answer to this one anymore.
    Ask your questions in his thread in the anabolic section.

Can anyone pls help me to bulk up fast. Give me the exact workout excercises that I should do per day. Pls help me thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkn View Post
    This thread should be locked. You guys are asking questions in the wrong thread, Ronnie doesnt answer to this one anymore.
    Ask your questions in his thread in the anabolic section.
    Thanks bro.

Sir Ronnie pls help me. My left arm si more bigger than my right arm how can I possibly make it even? Should I increase my weight on the right arm or increase my reps? Thanks a lot.

Gi812Many is offline Member
    Here’s a sample of the diet I have been utilizing to lose body fat while maintaining muscle mass.

Meal 1: 10 eggs-1 whole egg and 9 egg whites (5 grams of fat and 50 grams of protein, 1 cup oatmeal (60 grams of carbs).

(Workout)

Meal 2: Whey protein shake (50 grams of protein) and banana (25 grams of carbs)

Meal 3: Lean Protein like deli chicken (50 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat) and 1 slice of whole wheat bread (25 grams of carbs)

Meal 4: Tuna (50 grams of Protein) and 6 Almonds (5 grams of fat)

Meal 5: Large portion of lean meat such as chicken, salmon or London broil (50 grams of protein) salad (green leaf romaine) with 5 TBS of extra virgin olive oil (70 grams of fat), a small amount of feta cheese (7 grams of fat) and 2 tbsp of croutons (4 carbs)

Meal 6: Whey protein shake (50 grams) with 1 tablespoon of smart balance peanut butter ( 8 grams of fat)

That turns into approximately 300 grams protein, (only 125 grams Carbs), and around 100 grams of fat.

Sample Diet for low carb/calorie days: Designed for those who work out in the evening.

Meal 1: 10 eggs-1 whole egg and 9 egg whites (5 grams of fat and 50 grams of protein, 1 cup oatmeal (60 grams of carbs)

Meal 2: Tuna (50 grams of Protein) and 6 Almonds (5 grams of fat)

Meal 3: Lean Protein like deli chicken (50 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat) and 1 slice of whole wheat bread (25 grams of carbs)

(Workout)

Meal 4: Whey protein shake (50 grams of protein) and banana (25 grams of carbs)

Meal 5: Large portion of lean meat such as chicken, salmon or London broil (50 grams of protein) salad (green leaf romaine) with 5 TBS of extra virgin olive oil (70 grams of fat), a small amount of feta cheese (7 grams of fat) and 2 tbsp of croutons (4 carbs)

Meal 6: Whey protein shake (50 grams) with 1 tablespoon of smart balance peanut butter ( 8 grams of fat)

That turns into approximately 300 grams protein, (only 150 grams Carbs), and around 100 grams of fat.

Sample diet for High carb/calorie days: Designed for those who work out in the morning.

Meal 1: 10 eggs-1 whole egg and 9 egg whites (5 grams of fat and 50 grams of protein, 1 and 1/2 cups of oatmeal (90 grams of carbs).

(Workout)

Meal 2: Whey protein shake (50 grams of protein) and 2 bananas (50 grams of carbs)

Meal 3: Lean Protein like deli chicken (50 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat) and 2 slice of whole wheat bread (50 grams of carbs) and an apple (25 grams of carbs)

Meal 4: Tuna (50 grams of Protein) and 6 Almonds (5 grams of fat)

Meal 5: Large portion of lean meat such as chicken, salmon or London broil (50 grams of protein) salad (green leaf romaine) with 5 TBS of extra virgin olive oil (70 grams of fat), a small amount of feta cheese (7 grams of fat) and 6 tbsp of croutons (12 carbs)

That turns into approximately 300 grams protein, (300 grams Carbs), and around 100 grams of fat.

Sample diet for first High carb day: Designed for those who work out in the evening.

Meal 1:10 eggs-1 whole egg and 9 egg whites (5 grams of fat and 50 grams of protein, 1 and 1/2 cups of oatmeal (90 grams of carbs).

Meal 2: Tuna (50 grams of Protein) and 6 Almonds (5 grams of fat)

Meal 3:Lean Protein like deli chicken (50 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat) and 2 slice of whole wheat bread (50 grams of carbs) and an apple (25 grams of carbs)

(Workout)

Meal 4: Whey protein shake (50 grams of protein) and 2 bananas (50 grams of carbs)

Meal 5: Large portion of lean meat such as chicken, salmon or London broil (50 grams of protein) salad (green leaf romaine) with 2 TBS of extra virgin olive oil (28 grams of fat), a small amount of feta cheese (7 grams of fat) and 6 tbsp of croutons (12 carbs)

That turns into approximately 300 grams protein, (300 grams Carbs), and around 64 grams of fat.

Sample diet for cheat day (High carb/fat/calorie day)

Note: A cheat day consist of being able to eat 2 large meals containing anything you want within reason and making the other 3-4 meals like those found in the first carb up day. It’s usually best to eat these 2 meals for breakfast and dinner.

Meal 1: 8 eggs-1 whole egg and 7 egg whites, a HUGE stack of blueberry pancakes cooked in olive oil and light syrup, sugar free syrup or pure maple syrup.

Meal 2: Lean Protein like deli chicken and 2 slice of whole wheat bread.

Meal 3:Whey protein shake (50 grams of protein) a bowl of cheerios and 1 banana.

Meal 4:Pizza, chips, salad, and some ice cream (Kirk's ice cream -peanut butter ice cream with chunks of peanut butter).

Meal 5: Whey protein shake (50 grams) with 1 tablespoon of smart balance peanut butter ( 8 grams of fat)
    Question?....This is the type of diet I plan on running even during gaining size....I would prefer to keep a clean leaner look while gaining size. Naturally I put on size very easy, gaining muscle has always been easy for me. Would this diet be optimal for me putting on size? The protein seems spot on, im just shy of 200 now, so 1.7 grams per body weight for the Reload phase?

allen47 is offline Banned
    It use to have more of a home town feel to it which I liked.

jdavis6618 is offline New Member
    Significant contribution, right here.

That was FAR AND AWAY the longest, most in-depth, and possibly most complicated workout routine I have ever seen. I mean god damn. Right on brotha for going to all that trouble.

Patrickthecool is offline Junior Member
    Wow Thanks for the info! I have taken my before pic and look forward to being in beast mode in a few months

Thenard is offline New Member
    Just broke down years of trial and error and placed it in a simple step by step formula. I love it!

bigdavevegas is offline Junior Member
    Great Info!

I just started a progress log doing the slingshot method . I look forward to posting my results.

Whats up man?. I have started with the 3 day basic slingshot training for beginners. Im going into the third week. Im feeling strong and recovered well before my next workout day. I used to lift quite often but its been years since I have. I notice u recommend to do this for 2 months before progressing to next step. I just feel like i could do more.
    Is it normal that im not really sore after my workouts? Thanks

AvMouse is offline New Member
    Well just read the whole training system and decided to give it a shot. It took me three times to look over everything and finally grasp the concept. We'll see how this goes.

bobsyouruncle is offline New Member
    thanks for the info, will apply some of these techniques soon

Razor is offline Banned
    bump

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great read!

GoHardorGoHomeLV is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for this great post. I think I will try this program with my first cycle. Gotta go over it again, so that I can have full understanding.

TheTimeIsNow is offline Junior Member
    I havnt seen Ronnie post in here recently.. IS he still on to give advice?

super.muscle3 is offline Junior Member
    If it is possible to gain muscle indefinitely with the slingshot training and without steroids , why people do take them?

briansvk is offline Associate Member
    Hi Ronnie.

I have read your threads about slingshot training and I am really interested in trying these principles during my next offseason. On 13.4.2013 I have national competition here and next year will be last junior year for me so I want to qualify for Europe or World championship 2014. Hopefully slingshot training will help me to achieve this. But I have few questions I have to ask, because I do not fully understand some principnes.

Starting with the training. Last year I have been training 3+1 so 3 days training with 1 day rest. During two of these three day "training units" I trainer full body, but chest, delts and back has been trained twice, arms and legs once. This is because I have very good genetics for arms and legs, but lacking chest and back and this principle brought results for me, so may I use similar principle for slingshot?

For example: legs, chest+back, delts, free day, chest+back, delts, arms, free day, repeat.

During 8 week RELOAD phase I would train 2 heavy exercise with 4 working sets (6-8 reps.) and one lighter exercise (10-15 reps.) for each muscle group. Afterwards during DELOAD phase the split remains the same, but I would reduce training volume to two exercise with 3 sets each, one heavy one lighter for each muscle group. How does this sound so far?

Ok lets move on... supplementation and AS:

Talking about supplements I am using whey protein (with added maltodextrin after training), glutamine and BCAAs all year long. Vitamines and minerals are added if needed.

AS:

last year I did according to principle heavy cycle and bridging. Example is here: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...es-in-between) I think you have seen this before.

I would like to edit this to match slingshot principles. But the main question I have here is: If I will be using for example Test E with Boldenone (Equipoise ) or trenbolone hexa, which all are long esters.. How do I reduce the AS use during the DELOAD phase?

For example I will be using 1g Test E/week (this will be base) with 500mg EQ/week for 8 weeks as RELOAD phase. Than the DELOAD come, so I should reduce AS use for example to 500mg test E/week only... But will this have ANY effect at all? Speaking of long esters, so the levels will hardly drop during those 2 DELOAD weeks. Or am I getting something wrong?

Or, to get full shocking effect for the body for the next RELOAD I will bring test back UP to 1g/week and replace second ester for example with tren hexa? Or Deca ? Would it be any better comparing to continue as previous reload with 1g Test E/week with 500mg EQ/week for another 8 weeks?

I totally understand how this works with short esters or orals for example 1g test E as base with TREN ace or something during reload and drop to 500mg test E for deload, so the short esters will be cleared from body in 2-3 days and the true nature of deload will be accomplished. But the long esters confuse me.

And last question.. Would it be a good idea to run test E for 1g/week during reload and 500 or 400mg/week during deload all year long? Or would it be better approach to run for example like this:

1st reload:
    1g/week test E
    500mg/week EQ

1st deload
    400mg/week test E

2nd reload
    test E back to 1g/week
    500mg/week Tren ace

2nd deload
    50mg test prop/EOD

3rd reload
    100mg test prop/EOD
    winstrol or drostanolone or primobolan or something milder

3rd deload
    50mg test prop/EOD

4th reload
    1g/week test E again or greater doses again

My basic idea in this principle would be to let the body rest a bit for one reload/deload round from strong anabolics. And repeat this for example like I wrote 2 heavy reload/deload cycles following one milder. What do you think about this. Thanks a lot for your opinion.
    Last edited by briansvk; 01-21-2013 at 03:05 AM.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ronnie had his own question and answer in a sticky I think thats where its at under Q and A

briansvk is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    ronnie had his own question and answer in a sticky I think thats where its at under Q and A
    Yeah found that one too late. I posted this question there as well, sorry for double post

guzmi is offline New Member
    Im currently taking a week off from the gym. Should i start out with the reload or deload part of the blast once I get back in the gym next week. Also I couldnt find the 5 day split training each muscle once a week.

I am 18 years old and have been training for 2 years. properly 1 year maybe. I wasted my noob gains. Ectomorph and need to gain weight. What do you recomend me Ronnie?

LookinToGrow is offline Associate Member
    Looking to start a cycle soon and thought I'd give the STS a try. Looks great. But I had a couple of things I wanted to confirm before I got started. I see Ronnie hasn't posted in a while, but maybe somebody else who's knowledgeable about the system could chime in. So the way I understand it, you do the program in the following order:

-2 week anabolic prime
    -4 week reload
    -1-2 week deload
    -4 week reload
    -1-2 week reload

That right? Also, in the section that describes a 4 day a week, one bodypart per week plan, he has listed in the sample reload program:

"1st key exercise- dead-lifts (POWER-LIFTING MOVEMENT)
    PREP SET- 4-8 reps (2 reps short of good failure)
    1st set 4-6 reps (heavy set)
    2ND set 8-10 reps

1st secondary exercise-partial deadlifts on smith machine or using a rack
    1st set 12-15 reps"

Is this a typo or editing issue? According to his plan, you would continue with the deadliest for sets 3 and 4. Is he saying you could do partial deadlifts instead of regular? Confused. Thanks to anybody who can clear this up and confirm the program above.

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Good post very informative. I’m a knowledge junky and am always juicing my brain with any new information I can get my hands on. My stats are 6’4” 265lbs 14% BF 8yrs training. I have hit a plateau and no matter what I do can’t grow. I saw your post and thought awesome just what the doctor ordered. I’m disappointed thou. I have never used any gear. So your post doesn’t really help me now. That’s why I’m here trying to absorb the needed information so that when i do gear up I do it right. I am book marking this post. When i do gear up your post will help me explode.

ninjaman85 is offline Junior Member
    Nice write up bro, Imma try this for sure. Learnt quite a bit and think I have found my problemo lol can't believe I just read for 3 hours straight that's the most reading I've done all year lol

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread Information