Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    HereWeGoAgain is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    131

    Question Cardio on LEGS day?

    If I do cardio 5x/week and my legs day is on Wednesday, should I do my cardio before my leg workout or still try and get it in after?

    After my legs are usually extremely sore (especially since I wasn't working out legs before and just added them into my regimine).

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    HereWeGoAgain is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    131
    Just to clarify I do cardio Mon-Friday. Saturday & Sunday are my off/rest days although I do sometimes throw cardio in there on the weekends too.

  3. #3
    godkilla's Avatar
    godkilla is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    the true north
    Posts
    1,881
    i usually dont do cardio pwo on leg day. i would rather do it in the morn or b4 bed.

  4. #4
    HereWeGoAgain is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    131
    Yea I figured thats what most people response would be but I like to get my workout done all in one session. I guess I'll do low intensity on leg days post workout.

  5. #5
    AdamGH's Avatar
    AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,353
    I dont do cardio on legs day. My legs are so pumped from doing heavy squats.

  6. #6
    wantmoremass's Avatar
    wantmoremass is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    387
    i sometimes do a bit of cardio after to stretch them out a bit, but definitely isn't easy, esp if they're shaky

  7. #7
    HereWeGoAgain is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    131
    Anybody considered moving legs to Friday so they have the weekend to rest them from cardio? This is assuming you do cardio Monday-Friday.

  8. #8
    AdamGH's Avatar
    AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by HereWeGoAgain View Post
    Anybody considered moving legs to Friday so they have the weekend to rest them from cardio? This is assuming you do cardio Monday-Friday.
    You would still be doing them the same day as legs no matter how much rest you give them.

  9. #9
    abbot138's Avatar
    abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    I dont do cardio on legs day. My legs are so pumped from doing heavy squats.
    Agreed, If your leg workouts are as intense as they should be, then you should not be doing am cardio on that day, and there is NO WAY IN HELL youd be doing cardio afterward. I barely want to walk up my stairs when I get home from leg day.

  10. #10
    IamtheChitt is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    270
    I do 30 to 45 minutes post workout on non-leg, training days. Very low intensity for 15 - 20 min on leg day.

  11. #11
    FrankieJJ23 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Inside A WaterJug
    Posts
    233
    i do cardio everyday before and after, on leg days i don't have a problem. I guess it depends on your endurance and how soild your quads are. Im a catcher so it doesn't bother me

  12. #12
    AdamGH's Avatar
    AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,353
    Do some heavy ass squats and some leg presses. Id be surprised you'd want to do cardio or just be glad you made it to the car to get home

  13. #13
    abbot138's Avatar
    abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieJJ23 View Post
    i do cardio everyday before and after, on leg days i don't have a problem. I guess it depends on your endurance and how soild your quads are. Im a catcher so it doesn't bother me
    LOL! No problem with my quads guy. Like Adam said do heavy squats, heavy leg press, heavy stiff deads. Honestly if you can still do cardio after that your intensity sucks. Most people you ask, when they're cutting will do cardio six days a week, legs being the off day.

  14. #14
    rockinred's Avatar
    rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Training Hardcore Style
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    LOL! No problem with my quads guy. Like Adam said do heavy squats, heavy leg press, heavy stiff deads. Honestly if you can still do cardio after that your intensity sucks. Most people you ask, when they're cutting will do cardio six days a week, legs being the off day.
    I do cardio after legs and I can squat with the best...

  15. #15
    rockinred's Avatar
    rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Training Hardcore Style
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by HereWeGoAgain View Post
    If I do cardio 5x/week and my legs day is on Wednesday, should I do my cardio before my leg workout or still try and get it in after?

    After my legs are usually extremely sore (especially since I wasn't working out legs before and just added them into my regimine).

    Thanks!

    I do cardio same day as legs. It is actually easier than the next day for sure.. the next day is really hard on cardio and I usually have to give it a rest that day... then, the 2nd day out it is still a little rough but I can manage cardio....same day they still feel warmed up.

    I guess everyone is different. when I say i do em same day I mean immediatley after legs I do cardio.... If i were to wait till later I doubt it for sure... I also read somewhere that Tom Platz use to go on a long 20 mile bike ride after his intense leg workout...IDK

  16. #16
    ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,060
    I skip the cardio pwo on leg days. I admit I do about a 10-15 minute warm up on the stationary bike, but that's about it.

  17. #17
    abbot138's Avatar
    abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    I do cardio same day as legs. It is actually easier than the next day for sure.. the next day is really hard on cardio and I usually have to give it a rest that day... then, the 2nd day out it is still a little rough but I can manage cardio....same day they still feel warmed up.

    I guess everyone is different. when I say i do em same day I mean immediatley after legs I do cardio.... If i were to wait till later I doubt it for sure... I also read somewhere that Tom Platz use to go on a long 20 mile bike ride after his intense leg workout...IDK
    I hear ya, it is def different for everybody, bc I make sure to do AM cardio the day after legs, helps flush out the lactic acid so I dont get so sore.

  18. #18
    HereWeGoAgain is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    131
    I'll just do low intensity (walk on incline) post workout on leg days and HIIT on the other 4 days then.

    Thanks for the feedback.

  19. #19
    Mr Tick's Avatar
    Mr Tick is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    410
    I also do cardio PWO on leg days. My little chicken legs normaly dont have a prob running a lil bit. I also go back and do 1 more Light weight high rep set on the leg extension and leg curl after cardio. just to really finish them off.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •