phat_matt85 is offline Member

construction work as cardio?

I might be starting preety hard work soon its a combo of landscaping and construction. My question is since i will be walking around ALL day and moving a lot could i just use that as my cardio, im cutting right now. Whould this work same way as cardio? i guess i will have to play with my diet a little so maybe i can do some of it on empty stomach to burn more fat?

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    well, youll have to try to account for those cals burned as much as you can. not saying you have to walk around wiht HR monitor all day, but as long as its not very intense work, i wouldnt worry about muscle canniblization too much. just eat and hydrate ever 2.5/3 hours and STILL do some low intensity cardio postworkout/AM if youd liek on top. just try to account for the calorieis during work

JohnThePhoenix is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    well, youll have to try to account for those cals burned as much as you can. not saying you have to walk around wiht HR monitor all day, but as long as its not very intense work, i wouldnt worry about muscle canniblization too much. just eat and hydrate ever 2.5/3 hours and STILL do some low intensity cardio postworkout/AM if youd liek on top. just try to account for the calorieis during work

lol i like how you used cannibilization....thats classic! lmao

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Hall of Shame?

thats what its called macho men

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    thats what its called macho men
    I'm sorry but I've never seen or heard that term before. Perhaps you are confusing it with "muscle catabolisation"

Slide is offline Associate Member
    classic, the funny thing is, the body IS eating one's own muscle so i guess it could be looked at as cannibalism!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    I'm sorry but I've never seen or heard that term before. Perhaps you are confusing it with "muscle catabolisation"
    haha yea it definately sounds weird.. thats how they refer to it in my manual, no it is muscle cannibalization.. it is a creative term at best..tho ill give it that

nbaylot33 is offline Associate Member
    If it's hard work then I wouldn't do the extra cardio for awhile. But, your body gets use to hard work and will not burn fat like it use to. An example are truck drivers on diets. They claim that they do enough cardio during there job and don't have time to workout but diet and can't lose any more fat. This is because there bodies have gotten use to the strenuous activity and maintain on there current diet/exercise even with a good/better diet.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ good post - take a look at mail men..many of them walk for miles daily, carrying a mial bag, and are fat and out of shape. Now when they first started im sure the lost weight etc. But the body adapts to daily stress and soon it becomes the norm.

Oh man that sucks!

Working hard all day and then lifting and doing cardio!..long day

just increase the intensity ever 2-3 weeks and youll never adapt.. then switch up the cardio equipment and training intensitiies.. then you dont have to worry about platueing

Thread Information