jc95605 is offline Senior Member

Arrow New Tricep Excercise

Since i got so much awesome input for my chest, i wanna ask about my triceps. So far i've been a fan of the tricep pulldowns, especially with the rope attachment. But i need to change it up now. I changed my chest workout and added the chest dips and i've been pumped up ever since. I'm looking to get the same feeling from my tri's now. Any ideas will be appreciated, thanks again guys.

bmit is offline Member
    close grip bench press. skullcrushers with dumbbells are a favorite and seated tricep pushdown machine. All excellent

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    palms in knuckle pushups. keep your elbows close to you body.

teufelhundenjwa is offline Associate Member
    A few of my fav's...EZ Bar Skullz, EZ Bar Cable Push Downs, Seated DB Overhead Ext, Tricep Dips.

Seems like skull crushers are the way to go. Anybody else? The more the better. Thanks guys.

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    skulls performed with an arch over chin is the baddest of all tricep exercises. also called JM presses.

there was a time when my bench was stuck at 425... i started these bastards and got a 25lbs jump within the first month of adding these. the simple thing about them that makes it work... maximum leverage. its a very strong position to be in and it allows you to apply maximum tension against your tri while isolating out the pecs enough to let the tricep fail. slightly lift your chin toward your sternum for additional leverage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILXw-...eature=related

CanthookitLs6 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmg View Post
    skulls performed with an arch over chin is the baddest of all tricep exercises. also called JM presses.

there was a time when my bench was stuck at 425... i started these bastards and got a 25lbs jump within the first month of adding these. the simple thing about them that makes it work... maximum leverage. its a very strong position to be in and it allows you to apply maximum tension against your tri while isolating out the pecs enough to let the tricep fail. slightly lift your chin toward your sternum for additional leverage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILXw-...eature=related
    Thanks man, I'm gonna have to try that one out.

Thats looks awesome....I cant hardly wait to try that. So your saying it isolate the pecs out so it doesn't work them out at all? Its strictly a isolation excercise. I'm sry for asking a stupid question but i'll blame it towards ADD.

413 is offline New Member
    i would say that skulls on a slightly declined bench are even better. they're also a little more terrifying but you can handle that.

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc95605 View Post
    Thats looks awesome....I cant hardly wait to try that. So your saying it isolate the pecs out so it doesn't work them out at all? Its strictly a isolation excercise. I'm sry for asking a stupid question but i'll blame it towards ADD.
    yeah, when your elbows are up that high and youre pushing them directly outward- you can only contract your very upper chest tightly, so the triceps will take most of the stress.

Just wanted to thank you guys for your input. As you can see from my log I actually use your suggestions. I think I did the JM Press wrong tho. How far apart are your hands supposed to be on the bar? I used a straight curl bar for them. Thanks again for your help.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...43#post4063643

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    shoulder width or tad inside shoulder width.

what makes you think you did them wrong?

I don't feel anything on my triceps. Actually today when i did them i put the curl bar up higher up, towards my face, and i started to feel a burn on the tricep. Maybe i just had to make some adjustments. When you bring the curl bar down where you have it?

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    California Press....

skull crusher on the descend to neck move bar down to lower pecs and with elbows in press up and repeat

BigEast is offline Junior Member
    Since i got so much awesome input for my chest, i wanna ask about my triceps. So far i've been a fan of the tricep pulldowns, especially with the rope attachment. But i need to change it up now. I changed my chest workout and added the chest dips and i've been pumped up ever since. I'm looking to get the same feeling from my tri's now. Any ideas will be appreciated, thanks again guys.
    just did tricep preacher-pulldowns with the straight bar on the cable. i shoot for 20+ reps until failure as my last couple burnout sets. i turn the preacher stand around so your pulling down on the flat side. great burn cant cheat either

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    I don't feel anything on my triceps. Actually today when i did them i put the curl bar up higher up, towards my face, and i started to feel a burn on the tricep. Maybe i just had to make some adjustments. When you bring the curl bar down where you have it?

i drop the bar over my face

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    You should give leaning over head extensions with a cable a go. It will blast the long head (bulk of the tricep mass)!

I just started dong skull crushers with a DB. Their not bad. Thanks for all the feedback. Please keep it coming, i like going to the gym and switching it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    You should give leaning over head extensions with a cable a go. It will blast the long head (bulk of the tricep mass)!
    You stand up against the side lean forward and push the straight bar forward. That what your talking about? And you say it does the overall bulk of the tricep huh. Sounds tempting.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm going to try alot of these tomorrow.

Lemme know how it works for you. Are you in the monterey area?

gibferno is offline Junior Member
    I do my skulls on a decline bench. I keep my elbows as steady as possible, no back and forth movement. It has helped me tremendously in the 3 weeks that I've done it.

Quote Originally Posted by gibferno View Post
    I do my skulls on a decline bench. I keep my elbows as steady as possible, no back and forth movement. It has helped me tremendously in the 3 weeks that I've done it.
    You use a barbell? Curl bar? Are your palms facing in up? I don't really like using the dumbell, i think it would be more effective with the BB.

I use a bar similar to this one. http://sp1.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/m1/1916161666
    It has vertical handles.

Quote Originally Posted by gibferno View Post
    I use a bar similar to this one. http://sp1.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/m1/1916161666
    It has vertical handles.

Gotcha. I was supposed to go to the gym today but i got a tip that their doing the hydrotank bf test "today only." I've been wondering whats its been for awhile so i can't pass that up.

awesome! Let us know how that goes.

Darksyde is offline Member
    anything with your upper arms perpendicular to your torso or stretched overhead. i like weighted dips, CGBP, db skullcrushers and overhead dumbell 2h presses.

Thread Information