Thread: my work out

my work out

A couple buddies had a problem with doing back and shoulder same day..push- pull...what do you think..im trying to builk a bit...Thanks

BASIC GET BIG ROUTINE

Day # 1: WORKOUT #1
    Day # 2: WORKOUT #2
    Day # 3: OFF DAY
    Day # 4: WORKOUT #3
    Day # 5: WORKOUT #4
    Day # 6: OFF DAY
    Workout #1
    EXERCISE Set #1 Set #2 Set #3 Set #4
    INC. DB PRESS - 12-10-8 Reps
    INC DB FLYES - 10-10-10 Reps
    DECLINE BB PRESS - 10-10-10-10 Reps
    DECLINE DB FLYES (OPT) - 10-10-10 Reps
    BENCH PRESS - 10-10-8-8 Reps
    FLAT DB FLYES (OPT) - 10-10-10 Reps
    Workout #2
    EXERCISE Set #1 Set #2 Set #3 Set #4 Set #5
    DB OR EZ BAR CURLS - 12-6-6-6-6 Reps
    ALT DB HAMMERS - 8-8-8 Reps
    SINGLE ARM PREACHER CURLS - 10-10-10 Reps
    CONC. CURLS - 12-12 Reps
    DB OVERHEAD EXT - 10-10-10 Reps
    SKULL CRUSHERS - 10-10-10-10 Reps
    DB KICKBACKS - 10-10 Reps
    DIPS( HOLD@TOP) - 15-20 Reps
    Workout #3
    ARNOLD PRESSES - 12-10-10 Reps
    DB LAT RAISES - 8-8 Reps
    MILITARY PRESSES - 8-8-8 Reps
    SHRUGS - 12-12-12 Reps
    UPRIGHT ROWS - 10-10-10-10 Reps
    DB ROWS - 10-10-10 Reps
    REV. FLYES - 10-10-10 Reps
    BENT OVER ROWS - 10-10-10 Reps
    DEADLIFTS - 6-6-6 Reps
    Workout #4
    SQUATS - 20-15-12-12-10 Reps
    LEG EXT. - 12-12-12-12 Reps
    HAMSTRING EXT - 10-10-10-10 Reps
    STANDING TOE RAISES(CALVES) - 10-10-10 Reps
    SEATED DB CALVE RAISES - 15-15 Reps

tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member
    Nice bro, that will get you into some good shape....... i might actually steal a few routines

Quote Originally Posted by tjpatrick1987 View Post
    Nice bro, that will get you into some good shape....... i might actually steal a few routines
    So you dont think theres aproblem with doing back and shoulders in the same day?

JC$
    JC$ is offline Junior Member
    ur workout is decent. Its ok to do shoulders in back the same day. I would recommend more of a workout like biceps and back triceps and chest or chest and back and triceps and biceps then just superset which is if u go and do bicep curls right after that u go do tricep extenstions

JC$
    JC$ is offline Junior Member
    Plus if ur tryin to bulk u want to do lower reps

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Doing back and shoulders can be somewhat of a intense day and because of that one or more part may not get the focus it needs and fall behind. Think of it this way; you have three separate delt heads and unless your training shoulders twice a week I recommend doing two exercises per head. Two for the front delt, two for the side, and two for the rear. And with back there is such much to work on. You need to be doing exercises for width i.e. wide grip pullups. Also you need to be doing exercises to bring up the thickness in your back i.e. t-bar rows. Usually about 4-5 exercises with variations on what its doing is what I would recommend. Two to widen your back and two or three to help thicken your back. And now you've got to do your traps and the two exercises i recommend would be behind the back shrugs and dumbell shrugs. Now this is what worked for me. Someone might tell you different. It takes time to figure out what works best for you. Shoot I've been at this for five years and I'm still learning what is best for me. It'll take time and there is never enough info you can learn. Here is a good program to help you along and you can add the exercises your self

DAY 1 Chest and Calves (Mon)

DAY 2 Back (Tues)

DAY 3 Off ( W ed)

DAY 4 Shoulders and Calves(Thurs)

DAY 5 Arms and Forearms (Fri)

DAY 6 Legs (Sat)

DAY 7 Off (Sun)

Quote Originally Posted by Reed500 View Post
    Doing back and shoulders can be somewhat of a intense day and because of that one or more part may not get the focus it needs and fall behind. Think of it this way; you have three separate delt heads and unless your training shoulders twice a week I recommend doing two exercises per head. Two for the front delt, two for the side, and two for the rear. And with back there is such much to work on. You need to be doing exercises for width i.e. wide grip pullups. Also you need to be doing exercises to bring up the thickness in your back i.e. t-bar rows. Usually about 4-5 exercises with variations on what its doing is what I would recommend. Two to widen your back and two or three to help thicken your back. And now you've got to do your traps and the two exercises i recommend would be behind the back shrugs and dumbell shrugs. Now this is what worked for me. Someone might tell you different. It takes time to figure out what works best for you. Shoot I've been at this for five years and I'm still learning what is best for me. It'll take time and there is never enough info you can learn. Here is a good program to help you along and you can add the exercises your self

DAY 1 Chest and Calves (Mon)

DAY 2 Back (Tues)

DAY 3 Off ( W ed)

DAY 4 Shoulders and Calves(Thurs)

DAY 5 Arms and Forearms (Fri)

DAY 6 Legs (Sat)

DAY 7 Off (Sun)
    Look at my back routine..dont you think there is enough back in there? Thanks for the info.....I cant do wide grip pull ups yet......not strong enough..i have been doing some assisted ones...where i stand on a chair and support myself on the way down only.....I can actually only do 2 wide grip pull ups....unassisted....Is that workout you posted a mass builder?

No, rev. flyes is for rear delts and the connection of that muscle into the back. Not really a back exercise. Hear would be something for just shoulders: Db later raises, Military presses, upright rows, arnold presses, shrugs, rev flyes. As you get better I would suggest throwing in another rear delt exercise or trading the upright rows for bent over laterals. People tend to lag on that muscle, mine is, and need to bring in up.

Also you really only have three back exercises, its easy to obtain nice arms, shoulders, and chest but the back is what can separate you from the rest of the pack. I was lucky to have put so many years into rock climbing so I was able to rock out pullups all day. Here would be my suggestion of a back routine
    Deadlifts, db rows, barbell rows, cable rows, front or behind the neck pulldowns. Thats a pretty good workout to start with.
    You also would benefit from more leg exercise because that leg workout you have is for the birds. Here is one: Leg ext, Squats, hack squats, stiff-legged deads, lay down ham curls, single leg ham curls. And do calves 3 times a week. That would be a good one to start with and add from there as you get better.
    Remember to focus on form especially for squats and workout your muscles not you ego. If you gotta throw a 10 on each side to start with squats then so be it.
    Last edited by Reed; 07-23-2008 at 03:17 PM.

And yes that routine I gave you is a very good mass routine. And get to the pullups as soon as you can

bmit is offline Member
    i would do this to avoid training back and shoulders together:
    1-chest/bis
    2-legs
    off
    3-shoulders/tris
    4-back
    off

Quote Originally Posted by Reed500 View Post
    No, rev. flyes is for rear delts and the connection of that muscle into the back. Not really a back exercise. Hear would be something for just shoulders: Db later raises, Military presses, upright rows, arnold presses, shrugs, rev flyes. As you get better I would suggest throwing in another rear delt exercise or trading the upright rows for bent over laterals. People tend to lag on that muscle, mine is, and need to bring in up.

Also you really only have three back exercises, its easy to obtain nice arms, shoulders, and chest but the back is what can separate you from the rest of the pack. I was lucky to have put so many years into rock climbing so I was able to rock out pullups all day. Here would be my suggestion of a back routine
    Deadlifts, db rows, barbell rows, cable rows, front or behind the neck pulldowns. Thats a pretty good workout to start with.
    You also would benefit from more leg exercise because that leg workout you have is for the birds. Here is one: Leg ext, Squats, hack squats, stiff-legged deads, lay down ham curls, single leg ham curls. And do calves 3 times a week. That would be a good one to start with and add from there as you get better.
    Remember to focus on form especially for squats and workout your muscles not you ego. If you gotta throw a 10 on each side to start with squats then so be it.
    Thanks..I already ahve a lot of those exercises in my leg workout that i put up...i have also added the bent over lateral raises in my back workout. Those do seem to work great....You answered my question. i was think i was lacking a lil in the rear shoulders also..Thanks for your help.

creed33 is offline New Member
    Sounds great. I'll have to try the workout and post the results.

cokecoon is offline Junior Member
    hey guys heres my workout....ive tried various routines over the years but find this one ive been doing for the last few months works the best for me....

mon - chest/ triceps
    tues - cardio/day off
    wed - biceps/back/forearms
    thurs - swimming
    fri - shoulders/legs
    sat - football
    sun - day off

i do on average between 8-10 reps heavy on each exercise and try to change my routine slighty eachweek alternating the exercises so i dont over do any bodypart.

i do sometimes give the legs a miss depending on how much running ive done that week

EatLiftGrow is offline Associate Member
    Start your own thread bro. Dont post it in here.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie-screwbie View Post
    A couple buddies had a problem with doing back and shoulder same day..push- pull...what do you think..im trying to builk a bit...Thanks

BASIC GET BIG ROUTINE

Day # 1: WORKOUT #1
    Day # 2: WORKOUT #2
    Day # 3: OFF DAY
    Day # 4: WORKOUT #3
    Day # 5: WORKOUT #4
    Day # 6: OFF DAY
    Workout #1
    INC. DB PRESS - 12-10-8 Reps
    INC DB FLYES - 10-10-10 Reps
    DECLINE BB PRESS - 10-10-10-10 Reps
    DECLINE DB FLYES (OPT) - 10-10-10 Reps
    BENCH PRESS - 10-10-8-8 Reps
    FLAT DB FLYES (OPT) - 10-10-10 Reps
    Workout #2
    DB OR EZ BAR CURLS - 12-6-6-6-6 Reps
    ALT DB HAMMERS - 8-8-8 Reps
    SINGLE ARM PREACHER CURLS - 10-10-10 Reps
    CONC. CURLS - 12-12 Reps
    DB OVERHEAD EXT - 10-10-10 Reps
    SKULL CRUSHERS - 10-10-10-10 Reps
    DB KICKBACKS - 10-10 Reps
    DIPS( HOLD@TOP) - 15-20 Reps
    Workout #3
    ARNOLD PRESSES - 12-10-10 Reps
    DB LAT RAISES - 8-8 Reps
    MILITARY PRESSES - 8-8-8 Reps
    SHRUGS - 12-12-12 Reps
    UPRIGHT ROWS - 10-10-10-10 Reps
    DB ROWS - 10-10-10 Reps
    REV. FLYES - 10-10-10 Reps
    BENT OVER ROWS - 10-10-10 Reps
    DEADLIFTS - 6-6-6 Reps
    Workout #4
    SQUATS - 20-15-12-12-10 Reps
    LEG EXT. - 12-12-12-12 Reps
    HAMSTRING EXT - 10-10-10-10 Reps
    STANDING TOE RAISES(CALVES) - 10-10-10 Reps
    SEATED DB CALVE RAISES - 15-15 Reps
    I think it is to many exercises per body part. You need to workout heavier if you can do that many sets. Shoot for around 12 sets for back, chest, shoulders. Legs you'll go higher because of calves are like an extra muscle group. You can do back and shoulders together if you like, but if you do that you don't need to do as much to your shoulders since the back exercises do incorporate the shoulders. Like say 12 sets to the back then 8 sets to the shoulders. For example:

Lat pull downs(wide grip front) 4 sets
    Seated cable rows 4 sets http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/schultz60.htm
    Dumbbell Rows 4 sets
    Upright cable rows 4 sets
    Dumbbell presses 4 sets

So that with heavy enough weight and you will be tired. 2 minute rest max between sets.

Thread Information