Thread: leg workout

harrydunn69 is offline New Member

leg workout

can someone give me a good one, my legs just won't grow, i would like to think it's bad genetics because im good everywhere else, or maybe my routine sucks. anyway heres what i do, note that i cannot do free weight squats because it bothers the $hit out of my knee

smith machine squats 5 sets (1 warmup), 12/10/8/6
    leg press 4 sets 10/8/6/4
    lunges 2 sets of 10
    3 sets of extensions, quads and hams

i will mix it up and do more sets of lunges, do a step machine and cut out the leg press, i am getting stronger, but no size. any thoughts, thanks

RAILroad is offline Junior Member
    maybe you should take some time off and heal your knee so you can hit your legs the way you should. you could possibly try drop sets with your extensions and curls maybe even leg press. i do---
    warm up leg extensions- two warm up set and one drop set to really tire the quads.
    then i move to squat and do 3 heavy sets of 8-10 reps. i follow with heavy leg press with a super set of lunges. i believe in super sets and drop sets. keeps you motivated and that you are accomplishing something and working hard. all between the ears. then i follow with 4 sets leg extensions. i do my calf other days of the week but i usually finish walking at an incline for 10-12 mintues....

jethro1 is offline Associate Member
    Change is the key to new muscle growth. have u tried pre exhausting ur quads with 3-4 sets of heavy leg extensions, then squat with less weight. I have terrible back trouble from a car acident and years of heavy lifting didn't help it.

I have to pre exhaust my quads before squats, I will only free squat light for reps. I will go heavier on the smith machine, my back still feels like shit after leg day. Use a spotter, and up ur intensity, change the order of excercises, pre exhaust, and train all out. My legs are usually sore for 3-4 days after a leg workout, even on aas.

Thread Information