tripleR is offline New Member

Exersion Headaches

hey,

Been suffering from exersion headaches for the pass 3 months now. The neurologist i'm seeing suggested maybe taking anti-inflamatories and said that I should be OK trying to work out. I've heard different stories from different people and thought I'd pose the question here to find out if anyone has been in same boat and has advice.

Details:
    -Throbbing headaches in back of head moment of exertion which dulls over next 1-3 days.
    - If i rest for a while (2 weeks), headache disapear, but can be easily brought on if i try and lift any serious weight.
    - First headache was triggered doing my max on bench press.
    - Headaches also occur during sexual contact.
    - I'm 100% natural.

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    are you holding your breath while lifting?....or sexxing?

Strut99GT is offline Member
    I've had a massive headache before triggered on my extreme exertion like you were talking about, but I took a few days off from any lifting at all and it went away for good.

Well, original injury occured near at my max so I'm sure that my breathing wasn't optimal. Since the injury i've been very carefull about pacing my breathing during workouts, but still have bad headaches.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    When benching are you turning you head to one side or the other? This has caused many to pinch nerves and create some serious neck strain. Which will inter cause severe headaches.

On the day the first headache occured I don't remember turning my head in any particular direction and my spotter didn't notice anything wrong with my form at the time.

From what i understand, this type of headache (exersional) is usually caused because of thin blood vesels in the back the neck which get swollen when blood preshure increases, causing a headache. I'm hopeing that anti inflamatories will help, but I'm a little worried about the idea of working out on them. Any one done this before? Is it a good or bad idea.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    What kind of anti inflamatories is your dr. perscribing? if it is just ibuprofen you will be fine

Thread Information