Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader

Left arm biggest that right

I just measured my arm and found out, that my left biceps is almost 2 cms bigger than my right one. Which is surprising cos i'm right handed.
    Would those compensate by themselves or should i train harder/less/more the right one?

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This is an interesting question because I can definitely tell that my left shoulder looks a tad more developed than my right. (im right handed as well)

Maybe you could throw in an extra set of concentration curls on the lagging arm, im not too sure what the best way about bringing up opposite limbs are as i wouldn't mind knowing as well!

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Genetics bro. Learn to love it! My left arm is same strength as my right arm, but my right looks way better!

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Maybe you could throw in an extra set of concentration curls on the lagging arm, im not too sure what the best way about bringing up opposite limbs are as i wouldn't mind knowing as well!
    Thats a myth... it's genetics. Thats why some of us cant be pro body builders, We dont have the perfect symmetry that they have.

free_spirit is offline Junior Member
    My right arm is about 2 cm smaller too and I'm right handed. I strenously use my right hand as I do alot of throwing and it is also a bit stronger but maybe because I use my right arm soo much for alot of light activities that its muscle fibres are more leaner, condensed and conditioned.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I am in the same boat, my left arm is bigger than right (am right handed). I notice when i do heavy BB curls and my right arm starts to lag i shift and the left makes up for it. For this reason i am going to be sticking to DB's for mostly all movements and counting the reps each can do. Just have to put more focus on the weaker arm.

Ive been doing dumbbells for years for my biceps for that very reason DSM. It doesnt help. One still looks better than the other.

free_spirit is offline Junior Member
    To help maintain symmetry and similar strength, do the max of the weaker arm on the stronger arm.

All of you should be glad that you only have symetry problems in one area of your physique....I HAVE AN EXTREME PROBLEM WITH SEMETRY!!

Every single muscle on the left side of my body is smaller and weaker than the ones on my right. Even the muscle that I do not train like the muscle in my jaw, hands and feet. It sucks bad!! I can do a set of DB presses and my left pec will be pumped as hell and I will not feel anything on my right side.

LIke someone said above...it is genetics. The only way I could make the side equal would be to not train my left side so that it would atrophy to the size of my right!!!!

pump.joe is offline Associate Member
    ?

Thread Information