MaThEw is offline New Member

Workout Crash? Blood Pressure? Help...

Hi, Im new to this site so I'll begin with my stats,

Im 21 years old
    5'11"
    12 St 5'
    And have weight trained for 3 years

I went to the gym tonight with a friend and he asked if we could train legs, chest and bi's all in one session because he couldnt make it to the gym the following night....so i agreed ...etc

We had finished a hard legs workout and were half way through doing our chest exersises when I began to feel really sick, then my face went numb and I felt really light headed, i began to see stars so i went to the toilet to wet my face, and seemed to feel better although i still felt sick.....i managed to do a few bi exercises before we left and i felt fine after getting some fresh air but its the second time this kind of thing has happened. The First time it happened I collapsed in the gym car park trying to get back to my car! I had my blood pressure checked about a year ago and it was all clear....any clues people?

Thanks, Matt

joekames is offline New Member
    ya...go c a doctor, thats the best thing to do

sizerp is offline Banned
    Happen any other times? Whats your diet like? Really could be anything. Go to Doc!

Sust Man is offline Associate Member
    You went to the toilet to wet your face? You didn't use the toilet water did you?? Seriously though, when you do a large muscle group like legs it is not uncommon to get a LITTLE light headed sometimes because you have alot of blood going to them. If you've got all that blood going to the legs, then force a bunch into the muscle groups around your chest, then less can go to your brain (I think?) which can make you light headed. I notice this sometimes when I stand up after doin legpress or something similar. Being so lightheaded that you pass out is not normal though. Get your BP checked. Also, don't drink caffeine before you lift, since this can add to the problem. Don't do so many large muscle groups in one day.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaThEw View Post
    Hi, Im new to this site so I'll begin with my stats,

Im 21 years old
    5'11"
    12 St 5'
    And have weight trained for 3 years

I went to the gym tonight with a friend and he asked if we could train legs, chest and bi's all in one session because he couldnt make it to the gym the following night....so i agreed ...etc

We had finished a hard legs workout and were half way through doing our chest exersises when I began to feel really sick, then my face went numb and I felt really light headed, i began to see stars so i went to the toilet to wet my face, and seemed to feel better although i still felt sick.....i managed to do a few bi exercises before we left and i felt fine after getting some fresh air but its the second time this kind of thing has happened. The First time it happened I collapsed in the gym car park trying to get back to my car! I had my blood pressure checked about a year ago and it was all clear....any clues people?

Thanks, Matt
    firts of all, you cant make u for lost time. dont try and work all that in one session again. second, go see a doc

Thread Information