YOUKNOWMYSTEEZ1 is offline New Member

Question Work Out Help Needed

HEY EVERYONE,

I'M JUST GETTING BACK INTO THE GYM AND I NEED SOME IN PUT ON WORK OUT ROUTINES. I HAVE HAD PEOPLE TELL ME DO 3 EXERCISES PER BODY PART THEN SOME PEOPLE SAY DO 4 TO 6 PER BODY PART.
    WHAT IS THE BEST THING TO DO

WHEN I WAS GOING TO THE GYM BACK IN THE DAY I WAS DOING 3 EXERCISE PER BODY PART...FOR INSTANCE FOR CHEST I WAS DOING FLAT BENCH,INCLINE WITH DUMBBELLS & CHEST FLY'S/PEC DECK. MY REPS WERE 10,8,6... GOING UP IN WEIGHT. DO YOU GUYS THINK THAT IS ENOUGH FOR CHEST OR SHOULD I BE DOING MORE? MY GOAL IS TO PUT ON MORE SIZE, BUT TO TRY TO STAY SOMEWHAT CUT AT THE SAME TIME.

IF SOME ONE COULD PLEASE POST ME SOME WORK OUTS THAT THEY DO I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

clozr is offline Junior Member
    Different strokes for different folks, but for my money three exercises for each body part is probably plenty for you. Especially, if you are just getting back into the gym. Overtraining is probably going to make you less likely to stick with a workout regimen. If you aren't getting the results that you want after six weeks, or so, then maybe look at more exercises. 'Til then, just get yourself back into the swing of things. You don't want to do arms on friday and be so sore that you can't do chest or back on the following tuesday or wednesday!

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    good advice!!!!!!

but i gotta say, that initial soreness should always be their, your first week back or your not working out hard enough.

YOUKNOWMYSTEEZ1 is offline New Member
    THANKS GUYS I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I usually hit about 3 to 4 routines per muscle group but I push it really hard. And I work out one major muscle group per week. It seems to work great for me. keeps me from getting that "burn out" feeling I used to get when I was overtraining. I can be in and out of my gym with a complete and pumped workout in 30-45 mintues. course I don't BS around adn talk to folks, I get in there get my chit done and move on.

Thread Information