Haus of Hell is offline New Member

Workout Routines, how often do you change them?

As we all know, our bodies adapt to routines and our workout routines should change frequently to continuously shock the muscles and not let them get used to certain training. As I have read/experienced.

I did a 3 sets of 10 reps (3x10) for 4 weeks. Then I switched to a 6x6 routine, for all muscle groups except abs/calves. after 4 weeks of that I'm changing it to a 1x12, 1x10, 1x8 routine.

I change up how many excercises per bodypart I do. I do this by feel, I am pretty in tuned with my body and can feel when I've done a good amount for my body, 3-5 usually.

Whenever I'm on the 6x6 routine; I will sometimes do up to 8 or so different exercises, but keepin the volume the same for the muscle group. For example, If I do 3 exercizes for Tricep normally, I will split the 6x6 to a 3x6 and then do 6 diff exercises instead, ya feel me?

Every week or so I change rest periods from 45s-1m to 1.5-3m range.

What do you guys think of that? Also, what do you guys do and how often do you switch it up?

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    every 6-8 weeks. also each WO is not exactly the same as the previous week. I like to substitute/play with excercises.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    every three months

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Voland View Post
    every 6-8 weeks. also each WO is not exactly the same as the previous week. I like to substitute/play with excercises.
    Exactly, I'm the same. I always include my staples in any style of workout I do, I mainly just change around the "isolation" movements.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Change in workout every 1 - 1.5 months, this jives me time to maximise the weights on the exercises i'm doing before swapping.

stpete is offline Banned
    I'm an older guy, but my workouts are never the same cause i get bored. I have to change it up everytime. And i like the results.
    I also change my rest periods and whether or not i go heavy. I might go heavy for a week with rest in between sets. Then i might go 2 weeks going light weight with very little rest (60 secods) between sets. I get a really nice pump from this routine. It's not a bulker, but you feel it.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    every 3 weeks i change things up like Rep rang more dumbell more barbell no machines all free weights this and that keeps the body growing

Thread Information