ravanA is offline Junior Member

Morning Workouts

Im on a tight schedule and i can only train in the morning (7am - 10am maybe 11am). After that i have school and i go to work till 11pm. My question is that i wanna do cardio and lift weights. I heard you shouldn't mix the two, but since i can do morning cardio, eat and then rest for an hour or so and hit the weights thatd be efficient enough maybe? Maybe someone with experience can help me out. Thanks.
    And no im not going to the gym, ganna use free weights and whatever else i have at home fyi.

stpete is offline Banned
    All depends on you man. If it works for you, then that's all that matters. I never could workout at home though. You have my respect for that alone. And the cardio....Keep it up.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    i do weights then cardio works fine for me, main thing is listen to your body, if you like it a certain way and its working do it! but i personally would do Cardio after weights that 1 hour of rest doesnt give you body time to properly refule glcycogen stores for that you will need for your Work out theres my .02

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ravanA View Post
    Im on a tight schedule and i can only train in the morning (7am - 10am maybe 11am). After that i have school and i go to work till 11pm. My question is that i wanna do cardio and lift weights. I heard you shouldn't mix the two, but since i can do morning cardio, eat and then rest for an hour or so and hit the weights thatd be efficient enough maybe? Maybe someone with experience can help me out. Thanks.
    And no im not going to the gym, ganna use free weights and whatever else i have at home fyi.
    how bad you need to do cardio? you could do 4 days of weight training the other 3 days are for cardio. Might help out if you are to busy. You need your sleep man!

If your deadset on doing the same day, than do weight training than cardio first. I dont believe the hype on the morning fasted cardio stuff.

ravanA is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the replies. But I my main is to loose weight, so cardio is a must. Low glycogen levels = better fat burning from what i read. But ya i dont know if 1 hour is enough for my body to recuperate. Lets say i do weight training then cardio, i should eat first wait an hour and do cardio or do it right after the weight training?

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    I eat breakfast then immediately workout afterwards. For example, Ill do my chest routine, then 45 min of cardio. Then immediately after eat my 2nd meal of the day.

Thread Information