BigD is offline Associate Member

Post Quick Tip for Amazing Abs

Here’s an ab technique that’s been around for years, but you may not have heard about. When doing your ab exercises, make a conscious effort to keep your tongue firmly on the roof of your mouth. That’s right—your tongue on the roof of your mouth!

Not only does this place the muscles in your neck in a biomechanically stronger and therefore less vulnerable position, but also there’s some good magnetic imaging evidence which suggest that this simple technique may enable your body to recruit more muscle fibers in the abdominal region. And utilizing more muscle fibers translates into greater development and definition. I know it sounds odd, but it works and that my friends is what counts.

nuke is offline Member

Re: Quick Tip for Amazing Abs

Originally posted by BigD
    Here’s an ab technique that’s been around for years, but you may not have heard about. When doing your ab exercises, make a conscious effort to keep your tongue firmly on the roof of your mouth. That’s right—your tongue on the roof of your mouth!

Not only does this place the muscles in your neck in a biomechanically stronger and therefore less vulnerable position, but also there’s some good magnetic imaging evidence which suggest that this simple technique may enable your body to recruit more muscle fibers in the abdominal region. And utilizing more muscle fibers translates into greater development and definition. I know it sounds odd, but it works and that my friends is what counts.
    Thats is 100% true...My brothers team doc told him the same thing.. i have done it and it does work.

Cali is offline Female Member
    Interesting tip. Question though...I was always told to breathe through my mouth and blow out hard when I'm coming up...is that just b.s.?

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Well BigD, thanks a whole lot for making me shit my pants. You must be real proud of yourself now.

But seriously, i thought it was pure bullshit, today wasn't an ab day for me but i had to try it. And thats about when i shit my pants. I seriously can't beleive how some stupid little thing like this can make such a huge difference. I'm still not quite sure why it makes such an incredible difference but hey besides the shit in my pants i'm not complaining.

nuke is offline Member
    Originally posted by saboudian
    Well BigD, thanks a whole lot for making me shit my pants. You must be real proud of yourself now.

But seriously, i thought it was pure bullshit, today wasn't an ab day for me but i had to try it. And thats about when i shit my pants. I seriously can't beleive how some stupid little thing like this can make such a huge difference. I'm still not quite sure why it makes such an incredible difference but hey besides the shit in my pants i'm not complaining.
    LOL !!!! Hilarious brother.

Cali no - you an do both. Put dont move that tounge !!!

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Interesting tip. Question though...I was always told to breathe through my mouth and blow out hard when I'm coming up...is that just b.s.?
    You can still roof your tongue when you exahle hard while contracting the abdominals. Boxers, and most other athletes, use this technique. That's why you hear that 'sssss' sound when you see a boxer throw a punch. This technique is a major building block for any explosive athletic movement because it conditions you to have a stable torso. While exhaling during any forceful movement you should maintain abdominal tension. It can take some practice for some people to be able to feel the difference but most will notice right away.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I did not know about this. Ill give it a try tomorrow, thanks guys!

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

yeah i've been telling people to do that for along time but also

if you have a girl sit on your face while doing abs is just as effective only really messy!!!

Cali is offline Female Member
    Cool. Thanks guys.

partyboy,

Assassinator is offline Associate Member
    Odd !
    I must try it.

I tried it, but it seems hard to breath while keeping my tounge on the roof of my mouth!

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I tried it, but it seems hard to breath while keeping my tounge on the roof of my mouth!
    , Try doing cardio keeping a heartrate of 140+ for 30 mins wearing a mouthguard. First time I did this I thought I was going to die, but you realize it's all in your head. You think you aren't getting air but you are.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member

Re: yeah i've been telling people to do that for along time but also

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    if you have a girl sit on your face while doing abs is just as effective only really messy!!!
    Why am I not suprised?? I knew something dirty would come from this thread...LMAO
    BTW oral sex without the tongue is useless!!!!! IMO..

im_working_on_it is offline New Member
    please explain the mouth guard in more detail

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    That's crazy! Does it effect any other muscle groups?

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Warrior
    That's crazy! Does it effect any other muscle groups?
    Thats a very good question, LOL, i'm gonna end up holding my tongue now all the time in the gym to see if it works

Thread Information