Thread: Dead lifts?

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member

Dead lifts?

Now that I've asked about the importance of training legs (which I'm now doing regularly), what's the importance of dead lifts?
    I've never done one in my life.
    Do you need to do them, how should you do them, and where in your workout week?

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    they are a staple for building a massivly thick back

i do them on back day.

some weeks i go heavy. some i go light.
    some weeks i dont do them.
    some weeks i switch from deads to rack pulls
    i just started doing sumo deads

but they all focus on lower and inner back. along with traps

just be sure to start out very light until you get the correct form down. i know too many ppl who have hurt their backs doing heavy deads with bad posture/form

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    i love deads, my eye balls are still sore from doing them monday, we go from doing banded rack pulls, straight weight, banded full pulls, and rack pulls with a harness

im waitin for abbot to reply...

hmmm

shit, reminds me... today is back day

sweetness
    Last edited by Dukkit; 10-30-2008 at 01:32 PM.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    im waitin for abbot to reply...

hmmm

shit, reminds me... today is back day

sweetness
    LMAO! Just did them last night. Sore all over. They are essential for growth and they will put hair on your chest. Do it.....do it.......Love back day! I call it scare the small children day.

jnewton86 is offline Member
    as dukkit stated, i consider them necessary to build mass and overall back development.

i do them as necessary, alternating on/off and rack pulls. However, i have to say that I never get a sore back from them, i feel more leg stress then anything

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    boo deads

hooray pull ups

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    boo deads

hooray pull ups

LOL! I vote for both.........Big time high jack here by the way....sorry, it wont take long....But Bigsexy Ive been working at the standing military for about 2 months now and I still say 225 is freakish I struggle with 175.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Please be very f'ing careful. don't be like me, and screw up your lower back and not be able to do legs or back for months. set your ego aside, and ask a dude who looks like he knows what is talking about for help with your form. My form was very good, but i rushed it one day when i was in a hurry, and now i can't sit or lay down without very annoying pain.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Deadlifts are kinda like squats. Anything where you use a significant number of muscles, especially back and leg muscles, is GOOD! They increase your natty release of test, among countless other good things. Stick with them on back day and you'll be impressed. Make sure to do them right though, start with low weight so you can get the hang of it and not get injured.

My back has always been my strong point, but since doing deads its now my super strong point. My theory is the harder the exercise the better it is for you!

Haus of Hell is offline New Member
    Just want to say, dont let your shoulders droop forward when performing the reps!

Quote Originally Posted by jnewton86 View Post
    as dukkit stated, i consider them necessary to build mass and overall back development.

i do them as necessary, alternating on/off and rack pulls. However, i have to say that I never get a sore back from them, i feel more leg stress then anything

i just did them last night. back is already sore. your form must be off. try and watch some videos on youtube or ask a bro to help watch your form. your lifting with your legs instead of your back

i like to hit my legs hard as shit on Tues. then thurs i do back. by then my legs are so sore and burned out still that i have to make sure to focus on using my just my back or else my sore legs will make me cry if i use them to take on some of the weight. lol

mustang331 is offline Member
    Its the one exercise that has turned my entire body into a good looking machine

I remember I was so set on the typical focusing routines..

I then started a 3 month session of just full body exercise's..

If I could choose just 1 exercise it would be dead lifts, it works every single muscle in your body, I don't think there is one it wouldn't work.

I used to do just dead lifts, squats, pull ups, incline bench and calves all through the week and its all I needed..
    Last edited by mustang331; 10-31-2008 at 07:21 AM.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfew44 View Post
    Deadlifts are kinda like squats. Anything where you use a significant number of muscles, especially back and leg muscles, is GOOD! They increase your natty release of test, among countless other good things. Stick with them on back day and you'll be impressed. Make sure to do them right though, start with low weight so you can get the hang of it and not get injured.

My back has always been my strong point, but since doing deads its now my super strong point. My theory is the harder the exercise the better it is for you!
    Agreed! Nice quote.

Only a handful of guys in my gym squat and deadlift, and the few that do, are way ahead of the pack. My back has gotten so damn thick after doing deadlifts consistently for a while. Now my back is my most impressive bodypart (after shoulders :P)

green22 is offline Senior Member
    I like to do them every other week.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    EOW is gold for me... sometimes even E3W

Deads are something I do HEAVY and it drains me for 3-4 days later - And I try not to coincide with the wks I do squats either, which is another 3-4 day for recovery!

But your abs, lower back and lumbar muscles will love 'em!

Thread Information