Win369 is offline Associate Member

Question How much in a week ?

Hi guys! i used to train every part of muscle just once in a week except abs. what kind of muscle i should train more than once in a week when i am on bulking ?

for information, i train with low reps and heavy weights ever part of muscle everyday. thats why i train them only once in a week to have better recovery. Thanks.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Win369 View Post
    Hi guys! i used to train every part of muscle just once in a week except abs. what kind of muscle i should train more than once in a week when i am on bulking ?

for information, i train with low reps and heavy weights ever part of muscle everyday. thats why i train them only once in a week to have better recovery. Thanks.
    A good place to start is by training every muscle group but legs and lats twice a week. Keep notes and see what works best for you!

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    A lot depends on how your body responds, friends of mine know people that only train once a week and are huge, others respond better to every parts being hit twice a week. You have to experiment with different programs and monitor how your body is responding, and don't forget that diet is often the biggest problem for people trying to bulk, you have to eat eat eat the right foods at the right time

Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    A lot depends on how your body responds, friends of mine know people that only train once a week and are huge, others respond better to every parts being hit twice a week. You have to experiment with different programs and monitor how your body is responding, and don't forget that diet is often the biggest problem for people trying to bulk, you have to eat eat eat the right foods at the right time
    i've improved my power on chest but the size doesnt show well. should i train chest twice in a week ? maybe one with barbell and the second with dumbell only ? ....

sometimes i feel that my chest doesnt grow because i need more recovery by train only once in a week. nowi am goin to train it twice maybe. i'll see what i can get.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win369 View Post
    i've improved my power on chest but the size doesnt show well. should i train chest twice in a week ? maybe one with barbell and the second with dumbell only ? ....

sometimes i feel that my chest doesnt grow because i need more recovery by train only once in a week. nowi am goin to train it twice maybe. i'll see what i can get.
    Just try and see, we are all different and fine tuning a program take time and experience in how you develope. I'm guessing that you know what exercises to do, so just try different things and work hard on the diet.
    I change my program very often, at least every 1 to 1.5 months to keep shocking the muscles

Good luck bro

Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    Just try and see, we are all different and fine tuning a program take time and experience in how you develope. I'm guessing that you know what exercises to do, so just try different things and work hard on the diet.
    I change my program very often, at least every 1 to 1.5 months to keep shocking the muscles

Good luck bro
    ya, you are right! good training ang good diet comes good result. thanks!

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    what does your chest routine look like.

Quote Originally Posted by j4ever41 View Post
    what does your chest routine look like.
    so far i hit chest only on monday, with :

Incline Bench Press 5 sets 12-10-8-6-4
    Flat Bench Press 4 sets 10-8-6-4
    Butterfly or Incline Dumbell Fly or Cable Cross 4 sets 10-10-10-10
    Dips 3 sets 10-10-10

I change it every week from sets, to super sets, to pyramid workout, and do negative workouts

First how is the rest of your body developing compared to your chest? You may have a nutrition issue. I can speak for only myself and say that even at once a week 16 sets would be a little to much for me especially if I was hitting failure on majority of sets, I usually cap my total sets for chest of at 10 sometimes I go to 12,I work chest on Monday as well and it takes me until Friday-Saturday before I am recovered but everyone is different,you will have to try different routines to see what works for you,when doing your compound pressing movements make sure you are not using to much weight and your form is good,sometimes our egos can get in the way and by dropping 20-30 #'s from load you could gain better development,also what grip are you using such as close or wide? I would say try wide grip for awhile. I use a rep scheme like yours but I only go under 6 reps once a month. But in the end remember check diet and you grow out of gym and not in it.

Quote Originally Posted by j4ever41 View Post
    First how is the rest of your body developing compared to your chest? You may have a nutrition issue. I can speak for only myself and say that even at once a week 16 sets would be a little to much for me especially if I was hitting failure on majority of sets, I usually cap my total sets for chest of at 10 sometimes I go to 12,I work chest on Monday as well and it takes me until Friday-Saturday before I am recovered but everyone is different,you will have to try different routines to see what works for you,when doing your compound pressing movements make sure you are not using to much weight and your form is good,sometimes our egos can get in the way and by dropping 20-30 #'s from load you could gain better development,also what grip are you using such as close or wide? I would say try wide grip for awhile. I use a rep scheme like yours but I only go under 6 reps once a month. But in the end remember check diet and you grow out of gym and not in it.
    how about your chest training ? in which sector shoukd i reduce the reps? i think i hit too much on benchs. what do you think?

if me i would try 3 sets each of flat and incline presses sometimes i do 4 sets incline, drop the flies and keep the 3 sets of dips. i would do a 10-8-6 on my presses,first 2 sets i would have my wt calculated where i would stop 1 rep short of failure and on last set of 6 would be failure.

Thread Information