Bigstiffler is offline Associate Member

Question help bring up arms!

ok so heres the deal i'm 21 i weighed 218lbs at 12%bf and i'm 5'9". i'm gettin ready to compete and my arms lagging behind big time. my chest, back, and shoulders overtake my arms and make them look smaller than they are! my thighs are great coming up from when i neglected when i 1st started lifting when i was 17 til i was 19. but calves r little small but are trained eod to bring them up. here's some of my measurments
    chest 53.5"
    waist 37"
    thighs (6inches above the knee) 25"
    arms 17.5"
    calves 16"
    all were taken cold after my day off of training.
    i think its more a genetic thing with the small arm and calves cause no1 in my family has them but they all have broad shoulders.
    any suggestions to help bring the arms up will be apprciated!

my training split is
    monday: chest, biceps, calves
    tuesday: back, triceps, lower abs
    wendesday: calves, abs, obliques, forearms,
    thursday: off
    friday: shoulders, traps, calves
    saturday: legs

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    I got the best size when I trained arms together on one day and I did plenty of drop sets and supersets.

could i keep my routine and do them on thursday 2gether for an extra workout?

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    While you train back and chest your bis' and tri's are being worked and you do them on top of that so adding another day of arms on thursday would be overkill imo, your muscles wouldn't really get the appropriate rest they need and that's when they grow. How long have you been doing this current split?

just started about 2weeks ago for a change. my old 1 was
    mon-chest
    tues-back
    wednesday-legs
    thursday off
    friday-arms
    saturday-shoulders

CONsis10c is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaberle_15 View Post
    While you train back and chest your bis' and tri's are being worked and you do them on top of that so adding another day of arms on thursday would be overkill imo, your muscles wouldn't really get the appropriate rest they need and that's when they grow. How long have you been doing this current split?
    what if you wait a day or two and your arms are not sore ne more. or the question could be even if your muscles aren't sore ne more could they still be recovering????

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigstiffler View Post
    ok so heres the deal i'm 21 i weighed 218lbs at 12%bf and i'm 5'9". i'm gettin ready to compete and my arms lagging behind big time. my chest, back, and shoulders overtake my arms and make them look smaller than they are! my thighs are great coming up from when i neglected when i 1st started lifting when i was 17 til i was 19. but calves r little small but are trained eod to bring them up. here's some of my measurments
    chest 53.5"
    waist 37"
    thighs (6inches above the knee) 25"
    arms 17.5"
    calves 16"
    all were taken cold after my day off of training.
    i think its more a genetic thing with the small arm and calves cause no1 in my family has them but they all have broad shoulders.
    any suggestions to help bring the arms up will be apprciated!

my training split is
    monday: chest, biceps, calves
    tuesday: back, triceps, lower abs
    wendesday: calves, abs, obliques, forearms,
    thursday: off
    friday: shoulders, traps, calves
    saturday: legs
    Just a possibility - put calves,abs,obliques,forearms on tues - move back,tris,lower abs to wed. Hitting bis monday and back tues might be really breaking bis down. Might help ..dunno. What are you doing set / rep wise? maybe also switch up that protocol (prob only on bis cause they are lagging) Some do well heavy/6 reps set others need 10-12 reps for bis.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Wink

First, I would do only straight sets. My arms measure 21 inches right now and have been up to 22 inches. Heavy weights in great form with periods of reloading (high volume) and deloading (low volume) is the answer. From there it's going to be your genetics that dictates how big those arms will grow..

And like someone else just stated-do not train back the day after biceps. Heavy back work breaks down the biceps!

Thread Information