Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Why are black people stronger?

Tony Q is offline Junior Member
    Lack of black NFL quaterbacks is due to racism then how about lack of white running backs? Oh now its cause of ability...

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    You can't bring up different sports because of lack of access to those sports. Hockey isn't popular in areas with large african americans populations. Sports like lacross, rugby, tennis, gold, etc., are all very expensive sports and not popular with African Americans.
    Yes I can it, illustrates my argument perfectly.

So blacks are better at the sports they dominate cause they are better athletes but whites only dominate certain sports cause they are too expensive to play or cause they arent popular with blacks? Gimme a break...

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51 View Post
    i don't know about strength, but when it comes to agility i thinks blacks have an edge...my question is why is every running back, corner, and nearly every wide receiver of black decent??? ur telling me that one white guy cannot be a running back how is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Q View Post
    Lack of black NFL quaterbacks is due to racism then how about lack of white running backs? Oh now its cause of ability...
    Again, it has to do with social influences and misconceptions. It's called position stacking, meaning that minority groups are disproportionately found in specific team positions and underrepresented in others. Basically a form of discrimination. I gotta go but I'll post more later.

If blacks are so much more coordinated and catch the ball so much better than whites, why are they not represented in one of the most crucial positions on the field.... the place holder?

So blacks are better at the sports they dominate cause they are better athletes but whites only dominate certain sports cause they are too expensive to play or cause they arent popular with blacks? Gimme a break...
    No, who said that?

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Is Hockey even a sport? I thought it was a hobby.

what is so athletic about hockey anyway? It's entertaining and cool, but so is pool, ping pong, and lets not forget badminton...why aren't blacks dominant in those? we are getting way off subject on this.

I knew this thread was going to turn south. I am out of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    No, who said that?
    BgMc31 did and you responded to it

oops you didnt respond to it, muscle science did

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post

what is so athletic about hockey anyway? It's entertaining and cool, but so is pool, ping pong, and lets not forget badminton...why aren't blacks dominant in those? we are getting way off subject on this.

Hockey after the strike almost turned into a hobby.

Hockey is actually a really demanding sport. Some of the elite level hockey players have VO2 maxs as high as elite level endurance runners. All while being able to have huge anaerobic power out puts via windgate testing. That is pretty athletic if you ask me. All though I think by far MMA athletes are the most extreme athletes in every sense or measure of athleticism.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by jnewton86 View Post
    why ask the question, its more point of view imo. ill leave it at that, im sure this thread is being closely watched
    You can be damn sure I am watching it closely, and especially Tony Q
    Last edited by Kale; 11-22-2008 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post

Hockey is actually a really demanding sport. Some of the elite level hockey players have VO2 maxs as high as elite level endurance runners. All while being able to have huge anaerobic power out puts via windgate testing. That is pretty athletic if you ask me. All though I think by far MMA athletes are the most extreme athletes in every sense or measure of athleticism.
    Great post and spot on... Anyone who knows ANYTHING about sports knows how difficult hockey is... MMA fighters are badass but i think the best athletes in the world are those who compete in gymnastics...

MS, you are right... my bad for going to an extreme and putting Ice Hockey on the same level as some of the other non athletic but competitive events.... I apologize to all the hockey fans... I actually enjoy watching it at times and I have ice skated when I was upstate and it is no joke....

Great post and spot on... Anyone who knows ANYTHING about sports knows how difficult hockey is... MMA fighters are badass but i think the best athletes in the world are those who compete in gymnastics...
    so now I don't know anyhing about sports... maybe you can educate me on some sports....Let's start with weight training and physical fitness.... whats your stats and experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    You can be damn sure I am watching it closely, and especially Tony Q
    Why me? all i have done is turn some points around ask questions... I said nothing outta line

Your words not mine

Why me? all i have done is turn some points around ask questions... I said nothing outta line
    Well then delete the other thread you started with the bird flipping Icon !!!!

I will just warn everyone now, I have zero tolerance towards racism. This thread has been great so far but it could easily turn to shit. I will ask admin to ban anybody that takes it down hill
    Last edited by Kale; 11-22-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Why delete that one? is it offensive? why arent you offended by this one? whats the difference? Why have the icon on here if one cant use it?

1819 is offline Senior Member

lol...........

Why delete that one? is it offensive? why arent you offended by this one? whats the difference? Why have the icon on here if one cant use it?
    You have been warned. End of Story !!!!

I have been warned for what and why? What did i say that was out of line?

Tony, just drop it and move on if you want to hang out here... the main thing is you are going way overboard to prove a point... and it is a point that has already been made to the original question... many on this thread stated their opinion on the stregnth issue....

just relax a little... there are other ways of getting your point across..don't try to turn yourself into a victim... everyone can tell that you are being vulgur with your point and you can still say how you feel without the aggression... this is a good board to learn some things... keep it that way and chill.

tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51 View Post
    i don't know about strength, but when it comes to agility i thinks blacks have an edge...my question is why is every running back, corner, and nearly every wide receiver of black decent??? ur telling me that one white guy cannot be a running back how is that?
    Ok where have you been....LSU vs. OHio State National championship game.... LSU's running back is white and amazing... and as foreverything else goes.... it has nothing to do with race... its all genetics. i know you guys know about ectomorph,endomorphs ect.. And some people look big because they labor. some people look good because good genetics... But being black white asian there are know advantages. its all about you.......... I have never seen a black man win the worlds strongest man competition... infact its rare for a black man to even compete... i am white and i am way faster than half of the black kids i graduated with

Quote Originally Posted by rockinred;4307***
    Tony, just drop it and move on if you want to hang out here... the main thing is you are going way overboard to prove a point... and it is a point that has already been made to the original question... many on this thread stated their opinion on the stregnth issue....

just relax a little... there are other ways of getting your point across..don't try to turn yourself into a victim... everyone can tell that you are being vulgur with your point and you can still say how you feel without the aggression... this is a good board to learn some things... keep it that way and chill.
    We will have to agree to disagree i guess.

Blog Entries
    This is such a stupid thing to argue. It is inherently racial in nature, current thoughts in genetics point out that there is no genetic basis to race. Something like this can not be argued with anecdotal evidence, which mind you is the lowest of the low on the empirical ladder.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    BgMc31 did and you responded to it
    Nope, I never said that. You completely took what I said out of content.

Let me be clear, I didn't say blacks don't dominate those sports because of there expense. I said there is no way to tell because the limited participation of blacks in those sports. But if you want to go there, with the exception of hockey, the limited amount of blacks who do participate in those sports do quite well. The Williams Sisters in Tennis, Tiger Woods in Golf, Chaney Humphries in Gymnastics, and the list goes on for MMA.

And dude, you really don't want to go into athletic resumes with me. I'm probably one of the most accomplished athletes on this forum...and yes that does include strength sports (both powerlifting and strongman).

With all due respect, I think that's a little crazy. I suppose it depends on your definition of extreme, but I take it you never heard of Dan O'Brien or Bryan Clay? The sport is brutal and physically demanding, but in no way does that make them the best athletes or most extreme (extreme by my definition anyway). Plenty of people out there who are more athletic and more tested IMO.

On a side note, I think it's safe to say we have gone off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31;430***4
    Nope, I never said that. You completely took what I said out of content.

Let me be clear, I didn't say blacks don't dominate those sports because of there expense. I said there is no way to tell because the limited participation of blacks in those sports. But if you want to go there, with the exception of hockey, the limited amount of blacks who do participate in those sports do quite well. The Williams Sisters in Tennis, Tiger Woods in Golf, Chaney Humphries in Gymnastics, and the list goes on for MMA.

And dude, you really don't want to go into athletic resumes with me. I'm probably one of the most accomplished athletes on this forum...and yes that does include strength sports (both powerlifting and strongman).
    So whats your point? What does your athletic resume have to do with this discussion? Did i ever say i was a better athlete than you? You dont know me. and by the way, Tiger woods is Asian, white and black.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

With all due respect, I think that's a little crazy. I suppose it depends on your definition of extreme, but I take it you never heard of Dan O'Brien or Bryan Clay? The sport is brutal and physically demanding, but in no way does that make them the best athletes or most extreme (extreme by my definition anyway). Plenty of people out there who are more athletic and more tested IMO.

Id rather fight a gymnast than an MMA fighter though!!! hahahahaha They are all great at what they do... Just my opinion that gymnasts are the best athletes nothing more than my opinion...

Id rather fight a gymnast than an MMA fighter though!!! hahahahaha They are all great at what they do... Just my opinion that gymnasts are the best athletes nothing more than my opinion...
    Thats true, and Id rather fight Dan O'Brien than that burly biker mother fvcker at the end of the bar lol. Being able to fight has ZERO to do with athletic ability (ok obviously not zero, but you get the point). All opinion anyway....

Thats true, and Id rather fight Dan O'Brien than that burly biker mother fvcker at the end of the bar lol. Being able to fight has ZERO to do with athletic ability (ok obviously not zero, but you get the point). All opinion anyway....
    I think we are doing the semantics thing here. In my understanding of athletic ability, MMA fighters have incredible amounts of it. Maybe not the wide punching brawlers but guys like GSP etc. Is that your pic? are you a fighter( duh, if thats your pic ) you look like you could kick some ass. I think id rather fight the biker dude than you!!!

I think we are doing the semantics thing here. In my understanding of athletic ability, MMA fighters have incredible amounts of it. Maybe not the wide punching brawlers but guys like GSP etc. Is that your pic? are you a fighter( duh, if thats your pic ) you look like you could kick some ass. I think id rather fight the biker dude than you!!!
    Nah thats John Alessio, but he might as well be my identical twin. I boxed for a few years and I do a little grappling now, but I don't fight. At least not in the ring or the octagon.

gettingBIGGERfast is offline Associate Member
    I'm not trying to knock what you are saying, because genetic makeup may very well have an influence on athletic performance. But, I think its much more a result of social and cultural influence than anything else. Kenyans make up .0005% of the world population, yet they win about 40% of international distance-running competitions. If they are so physically gifted in the department of endurance, why are they not dominating the Tour De France, Iron Man, etc.... If blacks are so good at jumping, why do they not dominate the high jump and pole vault? If they are so much stronger, where is their dominance in the shot-put, discus, javelin, and weight lifting events? If specific forms of music, art, dance, and comedy have emerged from the black subculture, is it wrong to assume that the representation of blacks in basketball is a result of the influence of culture and society as well? Additionally, take a sport like Judo. Japanese Americans make up .3% of the US population, yet they make up more than 1/5th of top competitors in Judo. Certainly a sport that requires speed, strength, and power such as a martial art would be dominated by blacks as well, right?

Take a look at the list of competitors in this video, you may recognize a name or two.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuj-R9DFMmY
    I remember reading an steady where they took muscle samples from different groups. They said east aftrican had a higher percentage of fast twitch muscle fibers. Since high twitch muscle fibers are larger, people with a higher percentage of fast twitch muscle fibers look larger.

West africans typically had a larger slow twitch to fast twitch ratio.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    as some of you know i was a pro athlete. i was an nhl'er and played a sport at it's highest level. i have countless friends from all sports. i have trained with some of the top athletes in the world. from boxers to football players to track stars. i'll tell you this...we are all the same. my african american football buddies are no better engineered than my caucasion cage fighter friends. genetic make up has alot to do with how you turn out. within your own race though. every athlete, one can give as an example, has a counterpart of a different race. there was a time that i did believe african american athletes may be better genetically. the thought crosses your mind when you have a pro bowl linebacker lifting with you. then you see guys like hunter hillenmeyer or trent gamble and you know that it's all about the training. just like you serious body builders know, it's all in the training...

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    This is thread is funny. Glad to be AFRICAN myself.

Blog Entries

In my clinical experience well conditions mma athletes are very athletically gifted. They may not be as fast as a sprinter, they may not have the anaerobic output that a powerlifter has, they do not have the endurance capacity of a long distance runner. Top performing athletes have the mental and visual acuity along with reflexes comparable to high skill athletes such as tennis, golf or baseball players. They all perform athletic movements at a high level all the while getting punched, kicked, choked and slammed. Just my opinion as an under payed over worked exercise physiologist, Former mind you cause i needed payed....LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays View Post
    This is thread is funny. Glad to be AFRICAN myself.
    According to the "Out of Africa Theory," we are all African...

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    According to the "Out of Africa Theory," we are all African...
    Lol. I guess but I meant DIRECT link, I was born and raised there, North Africa. Egyptian/Algerian

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    So whats your point? What does your athletic resume have to do with this discussion? Did i ever say i was a better athlete than you? You dont know me. and by the way, Tiger woods is Asian, white and black.
    my point is you said I knew nothing about sports. So I suggest we compare athletic resumes to see who is more qualified to discuss this topic.

Also Tiger is black. The fact that he has other blood is immaterial. Unless they come directly from africa, no African American, including south Americans, and Carribean islanders are 100% black.

But I can tell you are taking this way too personal and are getting way too emotional about this topic, so I'm going to stopp debating you.

Take care brotha! PEACE!!!!

Elexecution is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    You can't bring up different sports because of lack of access to those sports. Hockey isn't popular in areas with large african americans populations. Sports like lacross, rugby, tennis, gold, etc., are all very expensive sports and not popular with African Americans.
    Rugby is not an expensive sport at all...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information