Thread: Cardio question

rookie28 is offline Junior Member

Cardio question

I'm 21 5'8" 196 22% bf. My goal is to drop(around 165 9%) fat and continue growing or at least not lose any muscle. I'm getting so many different advices about cardio and I don't know what to do anymore. For sure, I can't do cardio in the morning so my cardio will be after my workout. I'll post my workout and diet routine so you could help me with what I should do for cardio and for how long.

10AM: 8 egg whites + vegetables
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 banana
    125 ml 1% milk
    1 tbsp honey

12AM: Tuna + vegetables

2AM: Whey protein shake (no fat no carbs)

4AM: Chicken + vegetables

5AM: Workout

7AM: (PWO) protein shake at the gym (50 g prot 30 g carbs 2g fat)

9AM: beef + vegetables

11AM: turkey + vegetables

WORKOUT:

Day 1: Chest (5 exercise 3 sets each)
    triceps (3 exercise 3 sets each)

Day 2: Shoulders(4 exercise 3 sets each)
    Biceps (3 exercise 3 sets each)

Day 3: Back (5 exercise 3 sets each)
    Legs (5 exercise 3 sets each)

I do abs after every workout. I workout 3 days on 1 day off. My second day off is a cheat day. I forgot to mention that I'm throwing in some clen on next monday. I was supposed to start last monday but I didn't receive it on time. I think there's only a good cardio session missing to my routine and I'm set to reach my goal. thank you and I'm waiting for your help or critics if there are any.

No answers??

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    alright man... the diet doesn't look too bad, but you need to take it over to the diet section. list your macros in the diet section and as long as you are below your daily needs you should start the weight loss process.

as far as your workout routine, you need to put legs in the mix better. imo, putting them in with back is not ideal. especially if you want to lose some weight and be fit... Back and legs are the two largest muscle groups... Please work on your routine as a whole..

as for cardio go for at least 5 days a week 45min... jogging, bike, and treadmill are the most common... to minimize muscle loss you need to do the 220-age * .65-.75 this will put you at your targeted heart rate... you might have to up it more or drop it more... if you have a lot of fat it will come off quick at first but then you should slow down and be patient... 1-2 lbs a week... any faster and you will be tapping into muscle loss...

if muscle isn't a concern then cardio your butt off...

also the biggest key is patience...

Hey thanks for your reply it's a lot of help. I did what you ask me for the diet and I'm way higher than my daily needs because of a really high protein intake around 400g. I changed it and I fixed a 5 meals diet with around 1700 cals. Now for the legs and back thing, I know it's not ideal but there's a reason why I do it. The new gym where I workout has 3 sections. The cardio section, the legs and back section and all the other muscles in another section. So I do these two muscles together alternating. 1 set of back and then 1 set of legs. While I'm working the lower part the upper is resting and while the upper is working the lower is resting. As for my routine, I always loved the 3 days on 1 day off method and that's why I never change it. For the cardio, what you told me was really really useful. I didn't know this thing about the heart rate. My uncle has a thing you can put on to calculate heart rate I will borrow it from him. I'll do 45 min of biking(I love biking because of the feeling I get in my legs) after every workout which is 5-6 times a week. Thank you and I would like to know what you think about all that.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    rook, glad to hear you can pick up on a few of those things.... the 3 on 1 off is definitley a good schedule... keep with what you are doing and see how it goes... eventually you might want to hit each area a little harder and do one group a day... you can still do the 3 on 1 off with that method too...good luck and happy lifting.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Where did you find a protien shake with no carbs? I would like to know the brand name and where to get it.

haha good question I don't know if we can put the names over here but it has 0.5g of fat and 1g of carb. That's why I said there aren't any because it's not considerable but it's really easy to find such proteins.

Edgar is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    Where did you find a protien shake with no carbs? I would like to know the brand name and where to get it.
    trueprotein

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    trueprotein
    Thank you.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    isopure 0 carbs 0 fat

Thread Information