Thread: Being sore.

T.STEEL is offline Junior Member

Being sore.

Have you guys ever been really sore for three days straight after doing a workout? I recently just switched up my workout program with all new lifts and pushed my legs to hard and now can barely walk for the past three days after. I didnt even go to complete failure either. This shit sucks because i hardly ever get sore anymore unless i keep switching exercises all the time. I try to keep progressing at what im doing then switch it up after i reach a plato.

Elexecution is offline Associate Member
    Did you take PWO and PPWO nutrition?

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T.STEEL View Post
    Have you guys ever been really sore for three days straight after doing a workout? I recently just switched up my workout program with all new lifts and pushed my legs to hard and now can barely walk for the past three days after. I didnt even go to complete failure either. This shit sucks because i hardly ever get sore anymore unless i keep switching exercises all the time. I try to keep progressing at what im doing then switch it up after i reach a plato.
    perfectly normal imo. you pushed your body beyond its normal range and now its rebuilding. thats why change is important every once in awhile. your body is responding, which means more muscle gains and strength for you.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexecution View Post
    what do you suggest?

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes i have, a few times, legs can be the baddest is far as prolonged soreness goes. I always aim for that bit of training ache but like you decribe it can go overboard sometimes,,,,, still love it thou.

Tony Q is offline Junior Member
    Gets worse the older you get

binder is offline Member
    i've been sore for an entire week from a hardcore leg workout. It crushed me.

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    I hope you have a notebook and know exactly what exercises did it for you!

Now just keep doing them and change again later.

Take care

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I've been sore for an entire week from a leg workout too. That was the one I puked during. As long as you remember to eat you should come back stronger next week and won't get that sore again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elexecution View Post

yeah for sure! Always! its just because i switched up my workout and i also played some intense badminton that same night, which im not use to.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFCRAFT View Post
    Yeah I've been sore for an entire week from a leg workout too. That was the one I puked during. As long as you remember to eat you should come back stronger next week and won't get that sore again.
    yeah i know i wont be that sore next time i do legs, its just because i switched to a different exercise. Lesson to learn for me is never go at it that hard again for the first workout, when switching to different lifts after a month or two.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    It's all good!

ahh enjoy it !! 3 days is nothin.. i worked my legs on satdy n pretty much passed out in the gym.. can barely walk today its a good feeling! switchin routines always does it tho

Buck_J is offline New Member
    Also normal for me. Ive found stretching the muscle group done after the workout has helped tremendously. Not mentioning if your diet, sleep, or alcohol intake has been poor in the past week.

xavier_888888 is offline Senior Member
    Love that feeling! That just mean I did it right. So your ok bro its normal.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    yeah i can get sore for a few days after. just stick to your diet and rest up. do not train that body part till you have fully recovered

Thread Information