cshibbyr is offline Junior Member

Lifting Q for cutting

Ive always heard to go light weights and more reps while cutting. Is this necessary? If I do this I feel like I haven't did anything, so I usually keep my routine the same with moderatly heavy weights and 8-10 reps. Should I change it up?

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    If it aint broke, don't fix it.

One of the biggest misconceptions (and I'm paraphrasing Branch Warren, Jay Cutler etc.) in the gym is lifting light weights to get cut. Diet and cardio is what gets you cut, not the amount of weight you're using. You know that heavy weights builds/maintains big muscles. So why would you go light? It makes no sense.

If your legs are used to being trained with 400lb squats and you suddenly start doing 200lb squats, you will see just how quickly a thigh will lose size.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    agreed, your body adapts to what stress you put on it. if you go light, then your body will adapt. imo, its important to keep pushing yourself always. whether its to bulk for gains or to keep muscle wasting loss to a minimum during a cut.

cshibbyr is offline Junior Member
    thanks

green22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    If it aint broke, don't fix it.

One of the biggest misconceptions (and I'm paraphrasing Branch Warren, Jay Cutler etc.) in the gym is lifting light weights to get cut. Diet and cardio is what gets you cut, not the amount of weight you're using. You know that heavy weights builds/maintains big muscles. So why would you go light? It makes no sense.

If your legs are used to being trained with 400lb squats and you suddenly start doing 200lb squats, you will see just how quickly a thigh will lose size.
    yup, I agree totally.

Thread Information