Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member

Whats a good workout with arms in same session?

My current routine:

M: Legs, Abs
    T: Delts, Traps, Triceps (Cardio0
    W: Rest
    Th: Back, Bi's, Forearms, Ab's
    F: Chest (Cardio)
    Sat: Rest
    Sun: Repeat

My arms used to be my strong point now they need to play catch up. I want to try and throw bi's + tri's in the same routine but it kind of screws the rest of the week up. For example, If I do arms in the same day, tri's will get nailed again during Shoulders and also Chest day, which is probably overtraining. Any suggestions?

ray0414 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ******;432***9
    My current routine:

M: Legs, Abs
    T: Delts, Traps, Triceps (Cardio0
    W: Rest
    Th: Back, Bi's, Forearms, Ab's
    F: Chest (Cardio)
    Sat: Rest
    Sun: Repeat

My arms used to be my strong point now they need to play catch up. I want to try and throw bi's + tri's in the same routine but it kind of screws the rest of the week up. For example, If I do arms in the same day, tri's will get nailed again during Shoulders and also Chest day, which is probably overtraining. Any suggestions?
    yea they probably need to catch up cause u make them 2nd priority on your workouts following a bigger muscle group. Having a seperate day to do arms imo is the way to go if u want good strong arms. my first suggestion is to not start the week off with legs, cuase u can use that during the week as sort of a rest day for your upperbody. and im not sure how tris get nailed during working your shoulders, if your tris are seriously sore then your doing something wrong, maybe bad form or arms arent out far enough for presses, have hte mind/muscle connection using your shoulders not your triceps. this is my workout i like to do to make sure one workout doesnt affect the next,
    M: Chest
    T: Legs
    W: Back
    TH: Shoulders
    F: Arms
    with this set up u can attach abs to any day, traps to either back work out or shoulder workout, or u can switch chest and back. i like to always do shoulder day AFTER back cause u need ur shoulders at full strenght for when u do back, but if they are a lil sore the day after back, getting a good stretch and working them is no big deal. sometimes if my schedule is too busy ill just combine back and shoulders.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Monday: Chest/Abs
    Tuesday: Back/Traps
    Wed: Off
    Thurs: Legs/Abs
    Friday: Shoulders/Arms
    Sat & Sun: Off

Or is you really wanted to have arms alone, move shoulders with legs.
    Some do shoulders after chest, but I personally don't like too.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Either one of the posted workouts is good, however I'd switch back and shoulder day on ray0414's split. If I do back the day after legs, my lower back tends to hurt me for days after. For Big Sexy's, I would do it exactly as said, but move Arms to Sat and do Traps on Shoulder day. I like doing traps on shoulder day because the shoulders don't need as much work as the back.

Bottom line: I would make a separate day for arms, it works well for me.

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Monday: Chest/Abs
    Tuesday: Back/Traps
    Wed: Off
    Thurs: Legs/Abs
    Friday: Shoulders/Arms
    Sat & Sun: Off
    This is a nice split right there.

Almost identical to mine. I like to add second day off on Thursday so my back is nicely recovered for legs.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    ive always given arms thier own day. aesthetics aside they are an important muscle group and a fundimental part in building all of your upperbody. not to mention the pump is rad.

Thread Information