Rugbyboy8 is offline Junior Member

4 day push/pull/push/pull???

Could anyone point me in the right direction of a good thread/artcile etc... to research a push/pull/push/pull workout mon/tues/thurs/fri

i am looking to do something along the lines of?

mon - chest/shoulders/tris and squatts
    tues - back/bi's/abs
    thurs - chest/shoulders/tris/abs
    fri - back/bi's/deadlift

just wanted to research how to do it and the exercises?

e.g. would i be better off do my heavy compounds mon/tues and then hit the thurs/fri routines with flyes, lat pull downs, concentration curls etc...???? or can i just get a workout a and b routine and then do it again thurs fri?

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugbyboy8 View Post
    Could anyone point me in the right direction of a good thread/artcile etc... to research a push/pull/push/pull workout mon/tues/thurs/fri

i am looking to do something along the lines of?

mon - chest/shoulders/tris and squatts
    tues - back/bi's/abs
    thurs - chest/shoulders/tris/abs
    fri - back/bi's/deadlift

just wanted to research how to do it and the exercises?

e.g. would i be better off do my heavy compounds mon/tues and then hit the thurs/fri routines with flyes, lat pull downs, concentration curls etc...???? or can i just get a workout a and b routine and then do it again thurs fri?
    Click on the link provided and check out the 4 day split were each muscle is trained twice a week. http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=348723

You'll need to reload and deload throughout the entire 8-12 week blast.

Rugbyboy8 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for that - i'm going to print it of and research it all over the weekend...

has anyone got oher routines i could look at as well..

My situation is that i am training alone on Mon and Fridays and Tues and Thurs i have a spotter so would i be better off hitting big compounds onn the tues/thurs - bench, mil press, squatts, deads and heavy other lifts and then on the mon/fri do flyes, cable crossovers, lat pull downs etc.. or can i do the compound lifts in an a b workout and repeat e.g. workout a mon/thurs and workout b tues/fri or will this be overtraining going hard each workout

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugbyboy8 View Post
    Thanks for that - i'm going to print it of and research it all over the weekend...

has anyone got oher routines i could look at as well..

My situation is that i am training alone on Mon and Fridays and Tues and Thurs i have a spotter so would i be better off hitting big compounds onn the tues/thurs - bench, mil press, squatts, deads and heavy other lifts and then on the mon/fri do flyes, cable crossovers, lat pull downs etc.. or can i do the compound lifts in an a b workout and repeat e.g. workout a mon/thurs and workout b tues/fri or will this be overtraining going hard each workout
    Do what's safest..All the above will work but I would do the heavy movements on tues/thurs and the lighter stuff on mon/fri.

Thread Information