Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic

Some One please explain HIT to me

not HIIT i know this

but HIT, Pinnacle said its the way to go i respect his opinion and wanted to know if anyone use's and if they could explain the preface of it to me.
    Thanks

-AJ

yeah didnt feel like googling it

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    not HIIT i know this

but HIT, Pinnacle said its the way to go i respect his opinion and wanted to know if anyone use's and if they could explain the preface of it to me.
    Thanks

-AJ

yeah didnt feel like googling it
    Watch both Mike Mentze's DVD and Dorians Blood and Guts. They both incorperate HIT.

Basically, each bodypart is trained once every 7 days but high intensity.

Depending on the size of the muscle, 1-4 Warmup sets are completed, getting heavier and then one working set to total failure. Rest pause, drop sets, negatives and forced reps are also used. Explosive positive, slow negative.

Depending on the muscle size a certain number of exercises are used for each. 2-3 biceps/triceps, 2-4 shoulders, 4-8 Chest, 6-10 Back/Legs.

Watch Blood and Guts. You'll have to search for it at muscle mecca.com

EdiT: I found it for you...

Mark Dugdale trained HIT by Dorian, http://www.musclemecca.com/showthrea...ght=blood+guts

Blood and Guts: http://www.musclemecca.com/showthrea...ght=blood+guts
    Last edited by Swifto; 12-28-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks. you ever tried it

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Thanks. you ever tried it
    I've been training fairly high volume for all of my lifting (6-7 years) and high intensity. I never really did drop sets, forced reps, negatives but did the odd superset and giant set. I took almost everything to failure but I think I've been severly overtraining.

I've dropped back into what I've stated above and been doing it for 6-8 weeks and its good. Pefect slow form, using various techniques (negatives, drop sets etc...) and the strength gains have come on alot.

Taking each exercise to failure, but not doing too many exercises per bodypart.

Really get the mind muscle connection and squeeze on the contraction and hold.

Watch Blood and Guts...

yeah when i goto my other house with faster connection I'll watch it thanks swift

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Wink

Good points!

I want to chime in here and say anytime you have been doing higher volume-(what I refer to as a reload) and reduce sets-(what I refer to as a deload) strength gains are going to increase. It has nothing to do with training beyond failure! I have learned that strength increases are even more prominent when doing only straight sets.

Some people fear a deload because they believe they will lose size but this is not the case. On the other hand, some people fear a reload because they are also afraid of losing size but this is not the case. It takes both styles of training to truly max out ones genetic potential!

^^^^ I like that Ronnie, i read your whole slingshot program and i do have to agree with the technicallity of it, and when i lean bulk i like your program more because i dont like the rest pause or drop sets and what not, but from time to time i like to drop set just not every time, When i do my lean bulk i will stay in close contact with you and be testimony to your preferred choice/method of bodybuilding/strength training-No BS either im for real.
    I will be doing cardio too,to maintain tip-top condition and leanness while bulking

Ok So HIT Training Is Basically 1 REAL set per exercise?right?, Like the rest are warm-ups getting ready for one set Of Maximum Intensity at 6-12 reps Correct? and still doing say 4 exercises for large muscle and only 2 or 3 max for smaller muscle groups is this correct?

Pinnacle if your out there please chime in as well

-AJ

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Ok So HIT Training Is Basically 1 REAL set per exercise?right?, Like the rest are warm-ups getting ready for one set Of Maximum Intensity at 6-12 reps Correct? and still doing say 4 exercises for large muscle and only 2 or 3 max for smaller muscle groups is this correct?

Pinnacle if your out there please chime in as well

-AJ
    The definition of HIT can vary!

its this the summary or preface of HIT?

anyone else on this? im considering trying this out

bump

^^^bump

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you read the book?

It's really a fun read even if you don't end up doing it. Author Jones was quite a piece of work. After reading it, it really made me focus more on my workouts and reps. Going slower is something the book preaches alot ( 4 second neg, 2 second pos ) Another thing about it is, you can't really do it alone. You need someone to force you, and if someone isn't there, you'll most likley cheat.

Check this site out. http://drdarden.com/

i wanna read dorians book a warriors story

Check out Dardens "The New HIT Training". It's fun. It will give you front to back everything you want to know about HIT.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    I'm curious about HIT too. I'm almost finished the book. Mentzer says you should be able to get in and out of the gym in 10-15 minutes! Has anyone tried his routines for an extended period of time?

Example routine:
    Chest 1 set flyes
    1 set bench press

Thats it! You pre exhaust the primary muscle with flyes and hit failure immediately after with the bench. I want to try it but I'm reluctant, it doesn't seem like enough volume????

Yeah dude, I remember when I read that book. It really is a cool ass book but like you, I have a hard time buying into it. I will say it helped me in alot of ways though, like with the whole negitive thing. Never did em till I read that book. And the Bicep workout in there is fkin nasty!

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    Good points!

I want to chime in here and say anytime you have been doing higher volume-(what I refer to as a reload) and reduce sets-(what I refer to as a deload) strength gains are going to increase. It has nothing to do with training beyond failure! I have learned that strength increases are even more prominent when doing only straight sets.

Some people fear a deload because they believe they will lose size but this is not the case. On the other hand, some people fear a reload because they are also afraid of losing size but this is not the case. It takes both styles of training to truly max out ones genetic potential!
    well, i was intrigued as well i went to youtube and spent time looking up hit and hiit... im 37, i ve been hurt alot over the years from various things (hit by cars, crashing mountain bikes, horrible accidents) so the weight room has been a place of rehab and strength training... and every time i get good gains i always re-injure some muscle... and feel like i have to start over... i have tried most "work outs" over the last 20 years and HIT(high intensity training based off of a few warm up sets then one all out muscle ripping set) - is fun to do maybe before a show or in the early spring to really feel like you are doing something or to break out of a rut. BUT I ALWAYS HURT MY SELF...

i use to pay to have a coach train me in cycling (road, crit, time trials and mountain biking) all we did was periodization training... and i got stronger and stronger and stronger... periodization training works for me cause it allows me to go buck wild and do high volume and high intensity - and really rip the body apart (i am refering to cycling) then cut the volume in half or less and recover taking all the speed gains and power out put as i rest my central nervous system. and the cool part was kinda like if you know your body real well you can be even more effective. cause you know next week or the next two weeks will be easy!!!

when i read "slingshot training" it just made sence!! i just started(training it), so i dont have real great data to back up every thing. i say i have used it for the last 10 days and here are some of the things i can add

#1 - i have spent less time in the gym(i love the place but it is nice to be done in 60 to 90 minutes and get so much done)
    #2 - i have been soar as hell(hehehe thats i great!)
    #3 - i have hit several new max lbs or reps that i have been trying to get and have not been able to (random order : bie dumb bell curls 65s for three more rep than i ever have, decline bench 315 for 4 more reps than i have ever done, incline - my weakest part of chest - 225 for 8 reps no spot- the most before was 225 for 6 with spot, dead lifts added 2 more reps and 30 more lbs, added 2 more reps to my wide pull ups x three sets, bent over rows 275 for two more reps....) i could go on an on...

i dont think the 10 days made me stronger (per say) i think that i may
    have been over trained and in a rut. i will say, the amount of sets i am doing on slingshot training is 30 - 40 present less but with much more weight... so mentally i am more willing to "lay it all out" on the two or three sets i am doing, in stead of saving something for the 5th set... now, my goal is to take these strength increases or rep increases and in a few more days start to ramp up the volume again... and mentally i can wait!!!

when or if a book comes out i will be the first to read it... till then i will keep reading over and over the post by ronnie.

i will say this, i acutually postponed a cycle to get in to this for the next 10 - 12 weeks and see what i can do clean on it(i honestly believe i can put on 3 - 5 lbs of lean beef) - then do it juiced and see the gains that way...

sorry for the hijack - but it may have helped

Thread Information