thebeast71 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Bench Press Help!!

when im benching my right arm goes up slower than my left so some odd reason. i heard it was cuz my right arm was weaker but if its going up slower that meens it taking more weight cuz the bar is crooked since my left arm has the bar higher, and im right handed.
    i have tryed going up slow, keeping my head strait.. nothin seems to work.
    anyone know how to fix this?

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Get on the smith machine... And move them both at the same time... IDK, wierd question bro...

Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    Get on the smith machine... And move them both at the same time... IDK, wierd question bro...
    i would use that but all the old/*****'s use that machine at my gym lol.

and it is wierd. it started out of the blue in 9th grade idk wtf happened to cause it lol. i have had plenty of my ex-coaches try and fix it but nothing so far...

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Smith machine dude... Only thing i can think of...

Edgar is offline Associate Member
    have you had an injury in any of your arms or pecs, either way this is about form and control also the fact that you are much weaker on one side, as most people have one side that is stronger always. one arm is always a little stronger than the other. you need to stay with 10 reps or higher and focus on your form for at least a month before you start pushing it, I also recomend bar dips, pec deck, and smith for incline or decline. but dont give up on straight bench to develop your stabelizer muscles more. get a spotter and work on negatives and pauses. also use dumbells and have the spoter help you up but get the negative and the pause control. you will develope more control in time. go heavy on negatives for at least 10 reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    have you had an injury in any of your arms or pecs, either way this is about form and control also the fact that you are much weaker on one side, as most people have one side that is stronger always. one arm is always a little stronger than the other. you need to stay with 10 reps or higher and focus on your form for at least a month before you start pushing it, I also recomend bar dips, pec deck, and smith for incline or decline. but dont give up on straight bench to develop your stabelizer muscles more. get a spotter and work on negatives and pauses. also use dumbells and have the spoter help you up but get the negative and the pause control. you will develope more control in time. go heavy on negatives for at least 10 reps.
    Ight Thx Bro, Ill try that out.

as for an injury had takin a slight hit to my right shoulder in football the day b4 that problem showed up. it wasnt that bad of a hit so i just figured it was coquencidence.

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I like the advice, very nice. Think i'll even take in a few tips lol.

I had that problem for a long time, it will kind of go away if you do alot of dbs for chest. If you feel that one side of your chest isn't as big as the other and think that's it you could even go as far to just working out your right side for a month or so. Just a thought. GL

Thread Information