T.STEEL is offline Junior Member

Arnold press or barbell press.

Do you guys prefer for overall mass when doing shoulders to do arnold seated dumbell presses or seated barbell military press? or standing? just figuring out which one i should stick with for my program, i like them all.

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Do them all, I do 2 presses per shoulder workout, you can do seated or standing military presses and then dumbbells or machines or whatever you want just keep mixing it up. I notice seated barbell presses work the best for me.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    mix it up is good, but i do prefer dumbbell presses for best mass growth of shoulders. gives you a better range of motion than a barbell will.

jesrr15 is offline New Member
    it realy depends on what head of the delt you want to hit. the arnold press will hit the front of your shoulder while the barbell and dumbell press will hit more the side delt. but its always good to throw different shoulder lifts in.

boxer1 is offline Associate Member
    i like to use 1 compound movement to start each w/o. d/bs are good because you are also using stabiliser muscles whereas with barbell work you can go much heavier and build more strength. Like the other fellas say; mix it up every 2-3 weeks and keep your muscles guessing.

CMPD213 is offline Associate Member
    My front delts are one of my strong points, so for my shoulder workout i start with Behind the neck BB presses and after i go light BB presses for a good stretch.. It's been working great for me, just watch when you do behind the neck IF you do them. Been known to cause trouble for people

I usually do a combo of arnolds, standing, and seated presses. In the standing variantion I like to lower the poundage and make it a compound movement exercise by starting the movement with a curl and then transitions into an arnold press. of course this excercise is targeting the bi's and other groups but, I'm a big fan of compound movements to shock the muscle.

green22 is offline Senior Member
    seated BB press to the front.

Thread Information