Thread: Pro trainer?

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member

Pro trainer?

I was wondering how much does it cost to hire a pro nutritionists/trainer that can get me to look like a body builder.

Someone that does all the thinking and designs all the workouts, monitors gym sessions, and writes out full diet.

I am not talking about a trainer from your local gym but a real deal pro trainer.

Thanks guys.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    goto talk to nark at his site Narkside.net tell him i referred you, he is very good he does it for a living, and you can view a few of his clients on his site and how they look pre-contest and waht not

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UberSteroids View Post
    I was wondering how much does it cost to hire a pro nutritionists/trainer that can get me to look like a body builder.

Someone that does all the thinking and designs all the workouts, monitors gym sessions, and writes out full diet.

I am not talking about a trainer from your local gym but a real deal pro trainer.

Thanks guys.
    Uber, Cookie Cutter Routines do not work!

I am currently training several local bodybuilders in SC. who will be competiting against one another in may. I have all of them using Slingshot Training/Diet but the diversity amonst each ones needs is great. For example, one guy eats 14 whole eggs for breakfast each morning and is still struggling to gain weight. I'd get fat on such a diet! Another guys upper chest is blowing up on incline presses while another guy gets zero upper chest stimulation from incline presses. Thus, he has to use incline flyes and declines.

One guy thrives on 20 sets (training each muscle twice a week) and one can can only handle 7 sets (training each muscle once a week) during a reload. All are making gains and yes I monitor them but they have the final say-so in the end as to what's working and what is not. Who am I to tell them what works for their body. You see what I am saying?

Next are how they respond to supplements. I won't even go there other than saying there's no consistent pattern.

I'm sure Nark is a great trainer, etc but in the end you will have to find your own way after learning the basics principles behind weight training/diet. This means that everyone is responsible for- thinking and designing their own workouts, monitoring gym sessions, and writing out their full diet. Obviously proper peroidization with diet/training/supps plays a huge role with genetics being the major factor in how far you can go. You cannot turn a pug into a bulldog so to speak...
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 11-27-2008 at 08:40 PM.

I think I am just getting paranoid about running out of time in this lifetime to get where I want to be (an amazing 6'3 @ 255 10-11% BF).

I am 6'3 already so I don't have to worry about that aahaha. I weight 242 but definitely not 10-11% BF. Make it 17%.

So there you go... All this muscle mass to gain. I have been doing this for about 5 years, took me almost all of it to just learn what the hell I am doing.

I changed diet and routine so many times I cannot even count it. So, here we go...all this time, I am not even close to my goal, I am 25 years old, and still don't know what would be my "perfect" diet and routine.

I don't know... it is a metal struggle more than anything else...

Let me get back to my lifting now...

Bow down to all who succeeded at this sport.

BigBrad330 is offline Associate Member
    the gym i used to go to down here in florida was owned by a pro and i'd see him everyday personal training different people but i dont know how much he charged.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UberSteroids View Post
    I think I am just getting paranoid about running out of time in this lifetime to get where I want to be (an amazing 6'3 @ 255 10-11% BF).

I am 6'3 already so I don't have to worry about that aahaha. I weight 242 but definitely not 10-11% BF. Make it 17%.

So there you go... All this muscle mass to gain. I have been doing this for about 5 years, took me almost all of it to just learn what the hell I am doing.

I changed diet and routine so many times I cannot even count it. So, here we go...all this time, I am not even close to my goal, I am 25 years old, and still don't know what would be my "perfect" diet and routine.

I don't know... it is a metal struggle more than anything else...

Let me get back to my lifting now...

Bow down to all who succeeded at this sport.
    Everyone on this board has went through this at one time or another Uber. You are normal...LOL...A lot of it depends on how far you want to take things. I have limits on what I am willing to do to make further gains.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    IMO a personal trainer is a big waste of money. As you said, you've been experimenting with different styles of training and diet over the last 5 years. Through trial and error you have learnt what works for you and what doesn't.

What makes you think a PT with no knowledge of your body and how it reacts to different training styles will know more about your body than yourself?

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    IMO a personal trainer is a big waste of money. As you said, you've been experimenting with different styles of training and diet over the last 5 years. Through trial and error you have learnt what works for you and what doesn't.

What makes you think a PT with no knowledge of your body and how it reacts to different training styles will know more about your body than yourself?
    Yeaahhhhh ummm Charles Glass ...need I say more? Do i have to list the pros he trains and how long they have "gotten to know their own body? Needless to say i disagree ....just needs to be a professional PT not some loser with a mail order cert. Research trainer before ..ask to speak to past and present clients etc...

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Yeaahhhhh ummm Charles Glass ...need I say more? Do i have to list the pros he trains and how long they have "gotten to know their own body? Needless to say i disagree ....just needs to be a professional PT not some loser with a mail order cert. Research trainer before ..ask to speak to past and present clients etc...
    How many Charles Glass' exist? My point exactly.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    How many Charles Glass' exist? My point exactly.
    Prob about as many Flex Wheelers , chris cormiers etc..exist. Its all on a relative level. I hear your opinion I just think anyone can benefit from professional training at one point or another in this situation with a well qualified trainer. It sounds like hes exhausted his personal knowledge and experience .. one on one with a professional PT could help him break through this plateau and maybe take his knowledge of his own body and how it responds to another level ..without taking another 5 years of hit and miss till he figures it out. One definite benefit with a good trainer working with you is that if he/she is good they will take your workouts to a level you didnt think you could go to ..meaning we all tend to think we are going all out....a trainer can help push you to another level with your training and once he or she does you will know from that point on you can reach that level and will then be able to do it in the future on your own. That in and of itself will pay long term dividends. The benifits are much more than just text book knowledge. JMO...
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 11-28-2008 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Prob about as many Flex Wheelers , chris cormiers etc..exist. Its all on a relative level. I hear your opinion I just think anyone can benefit from professional training at one point or another in this situation with a well qualified trainer. It sounds like hes exhausted his personal knowledge and experience .. one on one with a professional PT could help him break through this plateau and maybe take his knowledge of his own body and how it responds to another level ..without taking another 5 years of hit and miss till he figures it out. One definite benefit with a good trainer working with you is that if he/she is good they will take your workouts to a level you didnt think you could go to ..meaning we all tend to think we are going all out....a trainer can help push you to another level with your training and once he or she does you will know from that point on you can reach that level and will then be able to do it in the future on your own. That in and of itself will pay long term dividends. The benifits are much more than just text book knowledge. JMO...
    Couldn't say it better myself.

I stated this in the topic - Pro trainer. I didn't mean a PT from you local Bally's gym etc.

Whenever you see all these pro bodybuilders, most of the time they are with their trainer. Ha, Brewer could not even answer the question when asked about what kind of diet he is on right now, his trainer/nutritionist had to speak for him. So, simply... if guy like Brewer and many others like him use Pro trainers/nutritionist and benefit from it, then anyone can.

I know this will cost a lot... but, I think this will be the way to go.

Blog Entries
    Professional Training could certainly take you to another level but finding the right one is key. If you are training with super supplements at an advanced level, you'll need to find someone who knows about priming the body before blasting, blitz steroid cycles, reloading and deloading, diet, various compounds, etc. A good trainer will get aggressive for those wanting to push the envelope. A lack of money keeps many from reaching the top level given they have the talent to do so.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    ^^^^^
    good advice. i'm looking at becoming a PT and seeing everyones advice is helping me with what i need to do to become a good personal trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    Professional Training could certainly take you to another level but finding the right one is key. If you are training with super supplements at an advanced level, you'll need to find someone who knows about priming the body before blasting, blitz steroid cycles, reloading and deloading, diet, various compounds, etc. A good trainer will get aggressive for those wanting to push the envelope. A lack of money keeps many from reaching the top level given they have the talent to do so.
    Well said Ronnie.

This is exactly who I would be aiming for.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post

I'm sure Nark is a great trainer,
    I'm sure too

-CNS

Thread Information